Lethert, Skwira, Schultz & Co. LLP

Founded 1918 • With Angi since December 2008

WE ARE A LOCAL CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTING FIRM LOCATED IN BLOOMINGTON AND ST.PAUL, MN. OFFERING ACCOUNTING, AUDITING AND TAX SERVICES TO INDIVIDUALS AND SMALL BUSINESS'S. WE HAVE A HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF OF 35+ FULL-TIME YEAR ROUND EMPLOYEES. WE OFFER FLEXIBLE APPT. TIMES, COMPETITIVE RATES AND PERSONALIZED SERVICE. FIRM HAS BEEN SERVING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY FOR OVER 100 YEARS!...

Location

08/10/2018

Paul G.

Tom was excellent and did a very detailed and thorough analysis. He was fast and explained my situation in a very detailed way. I was very impressed with his expertise!

Description of Work
Review of 2018 tax situation

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

08/26/2017

DEB G.

Their prices were comparable to the person I used previously that retired. She said they'd be done in two weeks, it took a bit longer but that was okay, I was a first time client. They were very professional except for the person in the office when I went to pick them up, she was a bit cranky and I saw on their website I wasn't the only one with that issue. I will be using them going forward.

Description of Work
Tax preparation.

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

04/17/2017

C S.

I was very pleased with Sanaa's attention to all the details associated with the returns. We'll definitely be back next year!

Description of Work
I needed business partnership federal and state returns prepared. Sanaa restored my confidence in CPAs! She was quick to find the errors I'd suspected of last year's CPA (of a prior firm). Sanaa suggested alternative ways to correct the mistakes and proceed.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

07/18/2016

GRACE B.

He understood my question and answered it. He verified that he understood my question. It went great.

Description of Work
He answered my tax question

Work Completed On 07/18/2016

06/27/2016

Margaret S.

I would give the accountant an A, but the receptionist was short and unprofessional, she would get a C-. I almost left because of her. She also tried to bill me, even though I had already paid for the service. She did not apologize for sending this duplicate bill or take any responsibility. But once I got to the accountant, Ellen Geiser, everything went smoothly. Their prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
They did my taxes.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

04/28/2016

Lowell T.

This firm is absolutely the best. Bob Klein responds immediately. He has helped with questions and helped to resolve issues for over twenty years. His advice and assistance have prevented problems and made my decisions much easier and less complicated.

Description of Work
Personal and business taxes returns and amended returns and advice on numerous questions.

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

04/05/2016

Christine S.

Bob and his team provide personable, professional and timely tax preparation services.

Description of Work
Tax preparation for me and my daughter.

Work Completed On 03/29/2016

05/05/2015

Daniel B.

Bob was personable, efficient and highly professional. I am very happy to have him helping me. I feel tha the rates charged for Bob's services were very fair. I have set up an ongoing relationship with Bob to assist me with my business and will continue to use him for my personal accounting needs as well. In short, I highly recommend Bob.

Description of Work
Bob Klein analyzed my business and personal finances and prepared an amended (previous tax year) personal return to recoup taxes I overpaid by misreporting certain expenses, a current year personal return and a corporate return for my business. Bob also helped staighten out some procedural deficiencies with my S-Corp that resulted from my doing it on my own before consulting him.

Work Completed On 04/15/2015

04/15/2015

Leslie S.

That went well. They found ways to get extra deductions and everything they filed for me, I got no problem on that.

Description of Work
They did my 2013 individual taxes.

Work Completed On 03/15/2014

03/13/2015

Rachel M.

Bob is simply awesome to work with. He is courteous, kind, and fun to talk to. He even makes something as dry as tax preparation enjoyable, and that's hard to do. The thing you get with Bob is a level of personalized service you don't get with a turbo tax or H&R Block in my opinion. I have used Klein and Associates for my tax prep going on three years now, and I highly recommend them to my friends and family. It is well worth a few extra dollars to me to have someone who knows me and my situation so that I can get pretinent answers to my questions. Tax season doesn't end when you file. Taxes and wealth/financial management are an integral part of day to day life all year long. Bob does not disappear once April 15th comes around. He is available all year long to advise and guide.

Description of Work
Basic individual tax preparation.

Work Completed On 03/05/2015

03/07/2015

Travis K.

Explained everything in plain english as I do not want anything to do with filling out the paperwork for taxes. Was prompt and very professional and flexible with everything. reviewed previous years taxes as well.

Description of Work
They did a great job filing personal and small business taxes for us.

Work Completed On 02/12/2015

12/30/2014

Sonya K.

Always available for questions and discussions. Wonderful personal service.

Description of Work
Yearly tax returns and advise throughout the year

Work Completed On 11/24/2014

06/12/2014

Heather C.

I contacted this company for an estimate for filing our tax returns. Returned my message very promptly within an hour I think. Very friendly and informative. The only reason I didn't use was they were located farther away from my home then I originally thought. However , I will consider in future.

Work Completed On 03/07/2014

04/02/2014

jeff K.

Bob is _outstanding_! He is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, explains accounting tasks/principles well and is very patient. My payroll, personal income tax, and business income tax preparation all went smoothly, with no surprises. He helped me work through my QuickBooks issues and taught me how to properly record things. I have recommended Bob's services to others and will continue to do so. It feels so good having someone I can trust to help make this part of the business run smoothly so I can focus on the day-to-day operational aspects!

Description of Work
I run a small business and needed an accountant to help me with payroll and personal/business income tax preparation.

Work Completed On 09/01/2013

07/16/2013

Judy A.

Very Professional and thorough and friendly, felt assured I was getting good advise and the best return possible.

Description of Work
Tax return's; Personal, Small Business & Property tax.

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

06/03/2013

Christine S.

Mr. Klein was very thorough and professional. We would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Compiled amended tax forms.

Work Completed On 05/29/2013

05/19/2013

Shawn K.

As a first-time customer Bob walked me through the process of doing my taxes and gave me financial information and tax-related advice along the way. He is friendly, takes interest in you and your tax situation, and is accommodating to your needs. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Processed federal and MN state income taxes.

Work Completed On 04/10/2013

03/11/2013

Farah L.

They did punctual, quality work. Price was ok.

Description of Work
I had Robert Klien do my taxes.

Work Completed On 02/26/2013

12/30/2012

Kathleen J.

We wouldn't even think of using anyone else. The work is consistently performed accurately, promptly, and for a fair price. The financial advice, was knowledgeable, direct, and very useful.

Description of Work
Federal and State Income Tax Preparation, Financial Consulting and Advice

Work Completed On 11/12/2012

03/28/2012

DAVID B.

For the annual tax return he provided a "deduction finder" form by mail prior to my visit. This form assist me in pulling together the paperwork I would need to bring in to his office. Once in his office he reviewed the "deduction finder", and previous year tax forms. He asked many questions to get a thorough understanding of my tax situation for the previous year and to fill in any holes. I left with homework to track down documents for deductions he found during our consultation that I didn't know about previously. I also received excellent advice as Bob walked me through whether it makes sense for me to stay an LLC or to change to a Subchapter S Corporation. I now have a roadmap that tells me that when I meet a certain income level or add an employee I should revisit becoming a Sub S Corp. I will definitely be going back to Bob Klein and Associates.

Description of Work
Annual tax returns for me and my wife and additional consulting time for both of our businesses.

Work Completed On 03/27/2012

03/28/2012

Linda N.

This was our first time using the services of Robert C. Klein and Associates. Our overall experience was positive in every way. We received nothing but courteous and professional communication, from the very first phone call to the final paper work. Sandy handled our initial inquiry and she did so with an upbeat demeanor and welcoming attitude. This same demeanor was also conveyed by Robert. He never made us feel that our transaction was not just as important as a more wealthy client. Our return was handled in a very timely manner. Robert even caught an error in our 2010 tax return, which resulted in an unexpected refund check. We will not hesitate to use this organization in the future and will highly recommend them to others. Thank you Robert C. Klein and Associates!! Neil & Linda Nelson

Description of Work
We used Robert Klein and Associates services for our 2011 Individual Tax Return.

Work Completed On 03/11/2012

06/28/2011

David M.

I am in the process of gathering information on my end to present all of the related documentation for submitting my taxes, for a return visit. This service presented me with a lot of very useful information. My experience is currently an ongoing process and I plan on a return visit once I have collected and organized all of the related documentation.

Description of Work
I contacted them for a consultation for tax preparation services. The fees that I was presented with were very reasonable.

Work Completed On 04/29/2011

06/01/2011

Shauna G.

Bob is awesome. he has time to help you with questions, and his staff is incredible. I used him for bookkeeping this year and a high priced tax guy, next year Bob gets my Tax return business too. You will love working with them.

Description of Work
Bookkeeping, general ledger.