Westland Veterinary Hospital

Founded 1964 • With Angi since March 2006

Veterinarians
Animal Burial/Cremation
Animal Boarding Kennels

We pride ourselves on working closely with you and your pet to offer the best professional medical care available. We are a high-quality, low cost vet clinic where you and your pet both love to visit. We are dedicated not only treating your pet, but also to implementing preventative care to keep them healthy and happy....

12/18/2014

Description of Work
Took my dog there for a bleeding tail. They said it was because of fleas and I needed to treat both of my dogs with an oral preventive (we have been treating them topically for years) and spray the house. They claimed the topical flea treatment is not effective (I bough it from them). They gave my dog a steroid injection and I bought 6 months of oral flea medication. The tail continued to get worse after the visit. Finally I took my dog to a vet a friend recommended and they determined that his tail needed to be amputated. I have taken all my pets here for years, but apparently the hospital was sold and it has not been the same ever since. The staff is not very friendly and the veterinarian didn't even come into the exam room to talk to me. She stayed at her desk in the back room talking over her shoulder to me. They should really treat their clients better than this.

Category pet cremation

09/19/2012

They price by how much the animal weighed. My dog weighed 35 pounds and it cost me $35. The price was reasonable. My dog died at home and I was very upset. I wrapped him in a blanket and took him there. They were very kind and gentle with me because I was a wreck. They made me sit down and gather myself before I drove away. It was as good an experience you can have when your dog dies. They were ca...

Description of Work
When my dog died, I took him to Westland Veterinary Hospital for cremation. I chose not to get the remains back.

Category pet cremation

09/14/2007

The doctors and staff are very friendly and caring. I have been taking my pets there for 10 years. The office is conveniently located and they make me feel comfortable in the procedures they are performing.

Description of Work
I took my dog in for a rabies vaccination and exam.

09/14/2007

They are a little more expensive than what I used to pay, but their prices are not horrible. They are very good, they interact well with animals, and most importantly they keep my pets healthy.

Description of Work
I took my medium sized Keeshond and my domestic cat to Wayne Veterinarian Hospital for routine shots. They did not stay overnight.

07/23/2007

One of the things we like most about this vet is the very professional front desk assistance. They are very polite and very helpful in answering any and all questions we have. The doctors are all top notch and the care they gave our cat was excellent.

Description of Work
I brought my cat in for it's annual check-up, which included weighing and inspections with the teeth, eyes, coat, and claws. There was no medicine given and the cat was up to date with all the shots.

03/23/2006

THEY ARE VERY NICE TO MY DOG. THEY TREATED HIM WITH GREAT CARE. THEY GIVE HIM THE PROPER CARE THAT HE NEEDS. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AT WHAT THEY DO.

Description of Work
THEY CHECKED MY DOG FOR HEART WORMS AND GAVE HIM A RABIES SHOT.

03/23/2006

I TAKE MY ANIMALS HERE BECAUSE I THINK THE PEOPLE GENUINELY CARE ABOUT THEM. THEY ARE HONEST AND PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE. IF YOU WANT YOUR ANIMALS TAKEN CARE OF, TAKE THEM HERE.

Description of Work
I TAKE MY CAT AND DOG IN FOR REGULAR VACCINES.

03/23/2006

THEY TAKE REALLY GOOD CARE OF OUR DOG. THEY HAVE A HUGE WAITING ROOM FOR THE OWNERS OF PETS. THEY ALSO OFFER REFRESHMENTS AND SOMETHING TO DRINK. THE VETS KEEP US VERY WELL INFORMED ON THE HEALTH OF OUR DOG.

Description of Work
THEY GIVE MY DOG HIS ROUTINE CHECK UPS AND HIS SHOTS.

03/23/2006

WE HAVE BEEN GOING TO THEM FOR YEARS. THE PEOPLE TAKE CARE OF MY DOGS AS IF THEY WERE THEIR OWN. THEY ARE VERY GENTLE. THEY KEEP ME UPDATED ON THE HEALTH OF MY DOGS.

Description of Work
THEY GIVE MY THREE DOGS THEIR SHOTS AND CHECK THEIR BLOOD WORK.

12/18/2014

Category pet cremating

Yearly physicals, vaccinations, dentistry, diagnostics, lab, emergency care, surgery, hospitalization & pharmacy