Woodhaven Retirement Community

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2014

29667 Wentworth St.

Livonia, MI 48154

The Woodhaven Retirement Community is the only full service Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Livonia, Michigan that offers every level of care to local seniors. Woodhaven is a not-for-profit, faith-based community where active seniors can live and learn and grow. Our residents and their families take comfort in the security of having all levels of care and services on one distinct campus, from retirement through end of life....

02/11/2014

Joan M.

They did not seem at all put out that I just showed up. I did not feel at all rushed. We discussed my moms needs and then decided what area would work best for her. Having visited several long term care facilities, what I appreciated the most was they were very up front about the cost. I was given a detailed sheet with all the levels of care, what was included, and the cost for each service. No other place did that. They also actually listened to my opinions as to what level of care I felt my mom needed. This also helped when determining the cost. Other places would start out at the "cheapest" level and then re-evaluate as needed, so the cost could go up dramatically in a short time. The tour was very thorough and I did not get the feeling that anything was hidden from me. As of 9/2013 my mom has been a resident there. I am very pleased with the care. I like the fact that they keep the same attendants as much as possible with my mom. The communication with the all of the staff is excellent. I highly recommend this place for anyone who needs help with care of a loved one.

Description of Work
My Mom needed help with both dementia and health care. I did not make an appointment I just showed up. I only had to wait a short time before someone from admissions came to talk with me. I was given a tour of the facility while I waited. Everyone was very welcoming.

Category assisted living

02/06/2014

Bernice P.

Mom has been living at Woodhaven for 4 years. I cannot say enough about the staff and facility. The grounds are beautiful and secure. Staff members greet residents by name and show genuine concern for them. Facility is clean and cheerful. Food needs to be tweaked and less empty carbs should be the rule. Management is willing to listen. I would give this facility an "Outstanding" rating if they would work on their menus. Otherwise, I highly recommend Woodhaven as a secure, loving home.

Description of Work
We were looking for an assisted living provider for my mother. Staff at Woodhaven gave us a tour and answered our many questions.

Category assisted living

Primary Care - Geriatrics
    Rehabilitation - Physical Therapy
    Longterm Care - Nursing Homes

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Woodhaven Retirement Community

How is Woodhaven Retirement Community overall rated?

Woodhaven Retirement Community is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Woodhaven Retirement Community open?

Woodhaven Retirement Community is open:

What payment options does Woodhaven Retirement Community provide

Woodhaven Retirement Community accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Woodhaven Retirement Community offer free estimates?

No, Woodhaven Retirement Community does not offer free project estimates.

Does Woodhaven Retirement Community offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Woodhaven Retirement Community does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Woodhaven Retirement Community offer a senior discount?

No, Woodhaven Retirement Community does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Woodhaven Retirement Community?

No, Woodhaven Retirement Community does not offer warranties.

What services does Woodhaven Retirement Community offer?

Woodhaven Retirement Community offers the following services: Services include independent living apartments with a la carte services, licensed care in assisted living apartments, memory services in a totally secured environment, skilled nursing care, rehabilitation and adult day services. Woodhaven also provides personal care services, homemaking services, and companionship services to local residents living in their own homes through our private-duty services division.