DUNSHEE BODY & FRAME INC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2009

6585 WEST KL AVE

Kalamazoo, MI 49009

We are a complete collision repair and wheel alignment specialist, we specialize in frame and uni-body repair. We also perform brake and suspension work....

07/18/2018

Cindy J.

They did not fix the issue the first time they had my vehicle. After having to rent a car for 4 days, I had to take my vehicle back and rent another car for two more days. Dunshee charged me for a second front end alignment even though it was their mistake. After the second try, they told me I needed totally new front brakes and offered to do the work for about $100 over what other shops asked. I told them I would think it over and never went back. I am no auto mechanic and "just" a woman, but I can tell when my car is not operating correctly. Another shop fixed the problem without having to do a total front brake job and was very reasonable and prompt. Apparently my auto insurance has something worked out with them as a "certified shop" and refers customers to them.

Description of Work
Front end repair from sliding into a curb on ice.

Category auto body repair,auto repair

02/14/2018

Edwin C.

Car was ready for pickup within one day of the estimated delivery time. Actual cost was $100 more than the original estimate.

Description of Work
Remove and replace driver's side rear passenger door, quarter panel and associated trim. Clean and reinstall reusable parts as required. Paint body parts as required.

04/19/2015

Jacqueline B.

Wonderful. Dunshee is a trustworthy, excellent body shop. This is the 2nd time I have used them for service on a vehicle. If you want great service and your vehicle to be fixed right, go to Dunshee.

Description of Work
Repaired automobile after I damaged it with my garage door.

Category auto body repair,auto repair

02/18/2014

Nancy F.

Our car came back looking and driving like new--an experience consistent with past Dunshee encounters. They do tend to be a bit more expensive than other local body shops, but make up for this through the quality of work done.

Description of Work
We have used Dunshee whenever insurers allowed us to select them. The most recent occasion was a misaligned frame and front-end damage caused by an ice-storm skid into a large fallen tree branch.

01/21/2014

George J.

The damage was caused from a pickup with the tailgate down backing into our 2008 Volvo S40. The job was done in a very professional manner and completed in the 20 days estimated. We had a couple of small issues following the delivery and Tom O'Brien was very quick to address them. This is the second repair done for us by Dunshee Auto Body and we have been pleased with both jobs. The only negative comment we have is concerning the odor that was inside the car. It smelled like glue and we had to leave the windows open in the garage a few days to air it out.

Description of Work
Repaired extensive front end damage including replacement of hood, left front fender, bumper & grill assembly, AC condenser, radiator, and several other intricate parts and assemblies. Painted both front fenders, hood, and front header assembly.

Category auto repair

01/16/2014

joan B.

They were the nicest group of people you will ever meet. Provided estimate and explanation promptly and made follow up calls promptly.

Description of Work
provided estimate to repair our car, our insurance company decided to total the car so no work performed

07/01/2013

Deb F.

They did an excellent work! They did their job right away, and they got their work done. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I took my car to Dunshee Body & Frame for an auto repair.

Category auto repair

05/09/2012

Nancy C.

Our vehicle was rear-ended. We took it to the local dealership and they estimated the repairs but couldn't schedule the work for two weeks. We took it to Dunshee and Tom did a much more comprehensive estimate, identifying work the dealership missed. The work was scheduled for the next day. We were given business cards for local rental agencies so we wouldn't be without a vehicle during the repair (rental coverage included in our policy). The work was completed in the time estimated and we are completely satisfied with work performed. The office staff is also very courteous.

Description of Work
Estimate and repair for rear-end collision.

03/05/2011

Doug T.

Excellent service as usual. Whenever my insurance company allows, which has been always so far, or if I'm having body work done which I'm paying for; I use Dunshee's.

Description of Work
Repair damage to our car from rear end accident. Right rear fender and back hatch, as well as some mechanial damage to rear end.

02/22/2010

Bruce J.

They were thorough and very professional, but too expensive for the needs that I had.

Description of Work
I have a lot of paint chips, scratches and dents.

Auto Body Work
    Auto Service
    Not on Mechanical work. Collision Only
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

COMPLETE COLLISION REPAIR, UNIBODY AND FRAME REPAIR, WHEEL ALIGNMENTS DONE RIGHT!.