Imlay City Auto Sales LLC

With Angi since June 2011

3.5

Auto Sales
Primary Care - Internal Medicine

Cost is determined by the job. Financing available....

11/03/2011

Test drove the vehicle and made a note of problems. Dealer advised me up front what they would and would not fixed. Everything that did not work I fixed myself (driver heated seat, tail gate latch/lock/blower motor resistor). The items they would fix (front brakes) were done, replaced with new pads/rotors, when I went to pick up the vehicle. The paperwork went smoothly. The only suggestion I would make for this dealer is they need to do a better job of preparing their vehicles for sale, make sure everything works. The check engine light came on several weeks after purchase. I took the vehicle to our local Chrysler/Dodge dealer and was advised the emission system hoses had leaks. Estimated cost to repair $150. Also found the oxygen sensor was bad and needs to be replaced. The vehicle only came with one key and one remote. I bought a used remote from EBay, programmed it myself. Bought a key blank from a local auto shop and had the Chrysler dealer program it. Total cost here about $60. This vehicle is 8 years old so I know things wear out and the dealer was not aware of the emission/oxygen sensor problem as the check engine light was not on when I purchased the vehicle. They could have taken the time to get a second key/transmitter and fix the turn signal light though.

Description of Work
Test drove a 2003 Dodge Durango and found the front brakes needed to be replaced. This was done by the dealership at no cost to me. I noticed the driver front turn signal was not working, turns out both bulbs were not seated in their sockets. I asked that this be fixed prior to purchase and it wasn't. My fault for not checking the turn signal before driving off the lot and it was an easy fix, just pulled the lens and inserted the sockets back into the lens. They let me swap my tires, wheels, battery and wiper blades as the ones on my old vehicle were newer. Vehicle also came with a dealer paid 6 month 7500 mile warranty on major components.

Category car sales

06/04/2011

Vehicle came with a after market 6 month, 7500 mile warranty. After less then 2 weeks, the transmission failed. When I contacted the warranty company, they informed me that they did not cover Saturn Vues. Contacted Imlay City Auto sales and was told essentially "too bad". They would refund the $200 dollar cost of the warranty only, would not take back the car leaving me with a multi thousand dollar repair bill. This company, in my opinion, sold me a vehicle under fraudulant representation. Buyer beware!

Description of Work
Purchased a used Saturn Vue from Imlay City Auto Sales. Vehicle came with an after market 6 month, 7500 mile warranty. After less then 2 weeks, the transmission failed.

Category car sales