Steve Steeb Service

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2006

2075 S. Industrial Hwy.

Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Our three ASE Certified and Michigan State Licensed Mechanics perform general mechanical Automobile Repair. I have been in the trade in Washtenaw County for forty years and if we can't fix it we will likely be able to give you a personal referral to someone who can....

10/04/2017

Mary Ellen R.

Great! I'll return the next time my car needs work.

Description of Work
First visit I needed new brakes, they were installed in a very timely manner. Staff is so nice! 2nd time I went in for a brake light replacement. That bill was less than $6. Never Ever had that happen before!

09/04/2015

Meghan F.

They were awesome. I dropped off my car on Tuesday evening and left my keys in their dropbox (so convenient) and they called me the next morning with recommended work. They even said that some work could wait until winter, but we went ahead an did everything to get it out of the way now. All the work was completed in about 24 hours. It was easy and I never felt like they were trying to sell services that I didn't need. I'll definitely go back there in the future.

Description of Work
100,000 mile check up. The car ended up needing 2 new tires, rotation, and alignment. Also, new spark plugs, air filter, and coolant replacement.

08/20/2015

Jon S.

Service was good, and done in a timely manner. I used the convenient drop-off box to take my car there before the shop opened, and picked up car by noon. They are very responsive and answer the phone quickly, which isn't always the case at some garages. Have to give kudos to them as they actually referred me to another service provider a month prior to this work being done, and they saved me $300. Any place that tells you another place can do it cheaper (transmission work) deserves future business. Honesty is definitely rewarded and a welcome attribute when dealing with service providers. The only slightly negative thing is it took 4 days to get my car in, but what would you expect when dealing with a garage that does honest work at an honest price? Thanks Steve Steeb!

Description of Work
They replaced a light bulb receptacle which had gone bad, and caused my headlight to not work.

04/13/2015

Looman S.

Service went very well. I was called on all matters and everything was done in a reasonable time at a very reasonable cost. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Serviced my daughter's 2006 Acura MDX. 90,000 mile service period.

06/09/2014

Peter L.

Just did a repair for my Honda Accord 1998. Like the guys at the moment I walked in. I researched the prices and time needed to perform disc brake and caliper change - after my repair was done (unfortunately). They charged almost double what this kind of work including parts should be. Can't comment much on quality, so far brakes are working fine. So, if you like to overpay for your service - it's might be a good option for you, otherwise I would stay away.

Description of Work
Rear disc brakes Rear brake pads Rear Calipers

Category auto repair

This "customer" and his car do not appear on either my hand-written schedule or in my customer invoice data base. I had hoped Angie's List might pull this review when I pointed out this fact to my Angie's List salesperson, but they haven't. So I will respond since the stated facts are incorrect. We are a NAPA Auto Care Center and an ASE Blue Seal shop so we have only highly-skilled, Nationally Certified technicians working on cars. We typically use premium parts when there is a choice and we feel there is a legitimate difference in the quality which we feel our customers would notice. Quality parts alone for the job cited in this review would be around $436.00 without any labor, supplies or tax. Had we actually performed this repair (remember, I don't believe we have ever seen the car so I am not certain of what was actually needed) I would suspect the bill would be in the $650.00 - 700.00 range with wheels torqued, brakes bled and new parts road tested and bedded-in. So if you want a shop that considers your safety and the quality of the work above the price; you should probably still consider us.

01/11/2014

Hylan M.

He is very reliable, trustworthy and honest. I have been taking my vehicles not him for the past 10 years. He saves you money when ever he can. He finds the problem and explains to you the best options.

Description of Work
My son took his car in to get checked out.

07/01/2013

Carolyn B.

We have dealt with Steeve Steeb on several previous occasions. This last event was very routine, but on the previous occasions he has recommended that we go to other, more specialized, service providers for brakes, tires, electrical, or 4wd drivetrain work. (I believe that he can actually do all, or most, of the above, but that he sends us where he thinks the others will be better, cheaper, and/or faster than he can be. This is a very unusual, and, for me, a highly valued work ethic in the automotive repair arena. He's very interesting to talk to, and extremely straightforward about the task(s) at hand on the vehicle. So, it seems, are all of his "sidekicks" there.

Description of Work
Inspection and periodic maintenance on 1999 GMC Suburban, very used. (He's no longer on Rosewood, but nearby on South Industrial, in a newly refurbished facility.)

05/20/2013

Daniel G.

I brought my car in because I noticed it was leaking a lot of oil. After looking at the car they told me it looked like the valve cover gasket was bad and a bolt was pretty loose on the cover as well. I also had them put a muffler strap on since my old one rusted out. They also changed the belt which needed to be replaced as well. Due to the amount of oil on the engine I was expecting to have to replace several gaskets costing me a lot more money. Steve was very honest and only had my replaced the one gasket. Other shops would probably have tried to charge me more because of the nature of the leak. Steve was very honest and even asked me to bring the car back after a few weeks so he could check the leak again. My father has used steve for years and never has had a problem. I would highly recommend his service. He also had my car fixed the very next day I was expecting it to take a few days at least.

Description of Work
Replaced Belt, Installed Muffler Strap, Replaced valve cover gasket

05/06/2013

Patricia J M.

Car was making loud low-pitched whine at highway speeds, problem diagnosed and repaired (u-joints), as well as general overall maintenance. Advised changing transmission fluids next year. Never pushy about adding other services not needed at the time. Shop is busy, so you need to schedule in advance.

Description of Work
Rear U-joints replacement, tire rotation and balance, oil change, replaced oil pressure sending unit, general maintenance service.

01/07/2013

Joyce E.

I have been taking my cars to Steve Steeb Service for over 15 yrs. He will offer an honest assessment of what needs to be done on the cars, what can wait, and great sense of humor. We have had a variety of work performed on our cars, and he gave honest opinions of used cars we planned to purchase. My children are older now and they use Steve Steeb Service for their auto needs.

Description of Work
Always honest , professional, and He knows his Cars

AE Auto Care

AE Auto Care is a full service preventive maintenance and auto repair center in Livonia, Michigan. AE Auto Care services and repairs all domestic and imported cars and trucks. Bring in your imported and domestic auto, SUV, or pickup today with complete confidence that your auto will be serviced or repaired correctly the first time. Don't be worried about the factory warranty on your new car! We have the staff, skills, training, and equipment necessary to perform all required maintenance on your new car or truck while maintaining your warranty. We are the preferred alternative to the dealership for all scheduled maintenance of your personal car or truck, as well as your fleet vehicle. You'll be hard-pressed to find the same level of expertise that our auto mechanic specialists provide! We have years of experience working on both domestic and import vehicles of all makes and models and can work with you to find cost-effective repair and maintenance alternatives. We have been specializing in Car Care Services, General Services, Undercar Services, Heating and Cooling Services, Electrical Services, Transmission Services, Electronic Services, Internal Engine Services, Heavy-Duty Services, Towing and Miscellaneous Services since 1981. For a high-performing vehicle, trust AE Auto Care with your car, truck, or van. To learn more about the services we offer, stop in or give us a call to let us know how we can help you! AE Auto Care Code of Ethics: • To perform high-quality repair at a fair price. • To give the customer a price estimate for work to be performed. • To use only proven high-quality merchandise. • To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable. • To furnish an itemized invoice. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request. • To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer. • To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventative maintenance. • To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services. • To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer. • To follow state regulations. • To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept. • To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession. • To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's concerns We offer Auto Repair Shop, Wheel Alignment Service, Oil Change Service, Transmission Shop, Tire Shop, Brake Shop, Auto Radiator Repair Service, Wheel Store, Mechanic, Auto Repair, Brake Service, Transmission Repair, Tires, Brakes, Wheels and Tires, Wheels, Car Repair, Auto Shop, Discount Tires, Brake Pads, Auto Tune Up, Tune Up Shop, Tuneup, Struts, Wheel Alignment, Light Truck Repair, SUV Repair, Internal Engine Services, Towing

RC Trans & Gear

R C Trans & Gear Inc in Royal Oak, Michigan is a locally owned and operated auto repair shop specializing in transmission and clutch services. We have over 40 years of experience in the transmission repair industry and look forward to serving you. Be sure to ask about our warranty!!

Auto Service

We perform expert mechanical repairs on most cars with extra expertise on GM, Ford & Chrylser cars & trucks. All our employees are ASE Nationally Certified Master Mechanics so we have a unique understanding of how the whole car functions.