Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Brooks, ME
There are 2 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Brooks
- Storer Lumber IncStorer's almost always has just what we want in the lumber and building materials line. On the rare occasions they don't, they can get it for us within a day or two. They load my car for me unless it's a delivery. The delivery is same day or next. The driver puts the materials just where we want them and covers it if it's bad weather. Our most recent experience with Storer's was a simple delivery of lumber but we've gotten everything from cement blocks and molly columns to steel roofing materials and chimney liners from them over the last ten years. We like and appreciate the entire crew and the outstanding service they provide
- GREENWAY EQUIPMENT SALESThe owner, Tyler, did a great job of answering my objections to considering a John Deere. He patiently illustrated why their tractor was better than the competition, while not putting down the other brands we had considered: Mahindra, Kubota, New Holland, LS, and Kioti. And while we first were convinced to get another brand and had a glitch in the purchase, now we are very thankful that we took the time to check out Deere and learn that they were really no more money than the others. I had been under the impression that the Deere was far more expensive than the competition. Not true! When my wife went in with me to the dealer, she was amazed at how it was very "woman" friendly-- the floors were spotlessly clean, bright and shiny...beautiful. All very neat, clean and organized. This was quite different than her experience elsewhere, as this was not just a man's world at Greenway. We ordered the tractor and when it came in the service manager, Ed, took us back to see it being set up. The service department workers were friendly and polite, and it was great to see the "back room" where multiple tractors were being worked on. Now I can see why so many people buy Deere. And, with a dealer like Greenway, it is all the better. The delivery man, Dan, did a great job of walking us through each of the features and making sure we were all set. Time will tell how all goes from here, but so far... A+
- Lowe's Home ImprovementThey did a really good job and I was pleased with the work. I would recommend the contractor (see other review). Lowe's was also really helpful.
- HOME DEPOT INCInitially, this was a great experience (see above). Ann was just excellent. The devil is in the details, however, and there were several pieces that came in later --- MUCH later. First, the appliance skins were defective and had to be re-ordered. The other 2 items came in weeks after they were due. I had to call daily and spoke to the "expediter" (a misnomer if I ever heard one); the "delivery guy", and the "service desk". Everyone was going to get back to me. No one (except Ann) ever did. And when I'd call back, they'd all miraculously left for the day! When you spend this kind of huge money, a little service is expected. My contractor has other jobs and he's been patient about scheduling, but all in all, while they have some good people, the service is LOUSY. Makes me want to deal with Lowe's in the future...
- HOME DEPOTIt started badly when the salesman showed up to look at my roof. The sales pressure was high and before I knew it (and despite a couple of protests) I soon found myself with an 11K+ loan... Once I thought about it I called the salesman and asked to stop the charge (I was told I had 72 hours to cancel). I was going to try to get some money together to lower the amount charged. Despite this, the full charge went onto the loan. I couldn't reach the sales guy and had to totally cancel the entire project to even hear back from them. I canceled the project and was supposed to receive the credit back within 7 to 10 days. It is now a month later and after close to 30 phone calls and a lot of "issues" on their end I finally got my money credited back, and the bank was "kind" enough to waive the finance charges that had already accrued... This has been one giant hassle and I will never do any kind of business with Home Depot again
- Dead River CompanyThe technician that was to come to our house and scope out he work was over an hour late. The equipment price quoted was $600 higher than I was able to get the exact same equipment delivered to my door from Amazon.com so we decided to just have Dead River install the equipment for us. The technician did help us order the required equipment online. This was helpful. The scheduled day of the installation nobody showed up. When I called I was told the appointment was for 3 days later. This was not what we had scheduled during the scope out visit. 3 days later the installers showed up an hour late, then unpacked the equipment for about 30 minutes before being called away on another job. they didn't even say they were leaving. We had to call and ask where everyone went. So far this job has been nothing but a pain
Home Improvement Stores in Brooks
- Business Description:I am a master carpenter who takes pride in his trade, with 30 years experience. Can fix everything in and around the home. I give reasonable estimates and build in a timely manor that fits with the client scheduleRecent Review:Michael Gardner and Gardner Construction rocked my project! I had a hideous and inconvenient concrete slab, and I wanted a deck. Michael recommended a way to build a deck over it and meet and exceed my goals, was there when he said he would be, and was under budget! I was very excited, and likely over communicated with him, and he always was responsive, kind and brought great ideas. He and his whole crew were a pleasure to work with and having them at the house was a pleasure. I love the end resultShannon K.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
- Business Description:Our relationship with Husqvarna actually started in 1973 when we began supplying firewood to the Mount Washington Valley area. In those days it was sawed and split by hand using a Husqvarna model 280 S chainsaw and a LaFont 2-way splitter. The last manual wood splitter was a “lickety”. The performance and reliability of the Husqvarna chainsaws led us to becoming a dealer for Husqvarna branded hand-held power equipment in 1979. As the demand for firewood and power equipment grew we brought the..
- Recent Review:This is a test review, with no real data.Avery H.
- Recent Review:The person I deal with there is Brason Wakefield. He is really good at what he does. He handles everything from counters to cabinets to flooring to appliances. They are all cut and fitted. He comes up with plans to put everything in. I had another contractor working with him. He has a relationship with many contractors in the area. He is really responsive. He is really good at design and the things that he does. I will use him againPeter C.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - Hermon True Value.Recent Review:They sent a flyer with coupons in the mail, and then they refused to accept the coupon that offered 50 percent off on any one purchase under $25. They told me that the propane tank was not covered, and it wasn’t mentioned in the flyer or anything. I went through the whole deal and called the Postmaster General. I went down and filed a report for fraud because they said it was fraud, and there has still been no response from them. They say that they don’t have to honor anything. The manager said that he didn’t need to honor any coupons that he didn’t feel should be covered. He was in the office, but he wouldn’t come to the phone when I called. I didn’t spend anything because I wasn’t willing to pay their price for the exchange. They send flyers once a month in the mail, but every time I go, there is some excuse, and only one time since they opened two years ago that they have honored a coupon for me. Their pricing is a little high. I am disabled, and in a wheelchair, and I feel alienated by the companypam m.
- Recent Review:Storer's almost always has just what we want in the lumber and building materials line. On the rare occasions they don't, they can get it for us within a day or two. They load my car for me unless it's a delivery. The delivery is same day or next. The driver puts the materials just where we want them and covers it if it's bad weather. <br /> Our most recent experience with Storer's was a simple delivery of lumber but we've gotten everything from cement blocks and molly columns to steel roofing materials and chimney liners from them over the last ten years. <br /> We like and appreciate the entire crew and the outstanding service they provide. <br /Charlotte H.
- Recent Review:Everything went smooth from beginning to end. Ken was very involved with the planning and layout of our deck. He was also very accomadating when we changed our minds half way through. When it was all said and done we came in just under budget and got exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend KC Renovations and will use them againMike C.
- Recent Review:Friendly, helpful and helpful. I visit often.Tracey G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
When you need equipment to complete a home-improvement project, should you buy the new tools, or just rent them for a few hours — or a few days?
Find hardware stores in
- Stockton Springs
hardware stores in Brooks
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Brickhouse Security980 Avenue of the Americas
New York City, New York
- Brickhouse Security
- Campbell's Agway True Value - Farmingdale535 Maine Ave
- Campbell's Agway True Value - Farmingdale
- Gardner Construction10 Fern st
- Gardner Construction
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- K.C. Renovations
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co903 Flint Ave
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Vampire Professional Tools International47 Peters Canyon Rd
- Vampire Professional Tools International