Tracy Young

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2007

2401 Peachstone Ct

Silver Spring, MD 20905

Tracy Young is a seamstress and can assist you with alterations and other sewing projects ....

05/03/2019

Rebecca A.

I can't be happier, Tracy's responsiveness and quality of service was excellent. My only wish is to have found her earlier.

Description of Work
Alterations

06/30/2018

Lea G.

This was a nightmare! Ms. Young lied to me about everything. I wrote he up to Consumer Affairs & she inverted the truth to them as well. She reimbursed me what she wished the first time. She is unprofessional & I have reported her to other agencies.

Description of Work
Pants Taken In

05/17/2018

Sheri D.

Great - everything was done perfectly within 1 week.

Description of Work
Hemmed several slacks and skirts

05/07/2018

Lea G.

The outcome is horrible. My pants don't fit & Ms. Young refuses to answer any message I have sent her since 6/28/18. On 7/6/18, I left her a voice message on her phone telling her I would like to resolve this or I would write to the BBB, Consumer Affairs as well as a small claims action in District Count. No response! On 7/7/18, I wrote my last message asking her to reconsider as I would like to avoid all the paper work & I'm very ill. No response! Her credibility is also in question. When she was here on 5/3/18, she told me she burned a Bride's veil while pressing it. She knows how to make new veils as she worked in the bridal industry. The bride never was told. Now I know why my elastic waist bands weren't new & why the pants don't fit. She is not being a professional & I have doubts about the things she tells her clients. She doesn't care as anyone owning a business would have sent the money back as requested. In all cases, where work isn't done properly the customer is always right. She is being unprofessional. I will pursue all actions now despite my health as I won't let Ms. Young take advantage of a disabled & ill person

Description of Work
Ms. Young gave me a quote over the phone which is listed in messages. I needed 6 pairs of pants to be altered. When Ms. Young arrived, she put 2 pins in each side of the pants & took them home. The first time she brought them back they were too big. Then she pinned all the pants taking in the sides & waist. She brought them back & they were still too big. These were new pants that I'd hadn't worn. She charged me $18.00 per pair & a $36.00 travel fee. If she had told me when she arrived the second time that these pants were never going to fit properly, I wouldn't have had them done. She brought them back on her third visit & the pants were too big & the elastic waists weren't new. She brought her sewing machine & fitted them again. Pants weren't altered properly, therefore I want a full refund. Now I have 6 pairs of pants that I can't wear and no money as I paid her in full on 5/3/18.

Category alterations

Dear customers, Something is amiss here! This is Ms. [Member Name Removed]'s first Angie's List review, (which she has had removed and replaced with this negative review), " Mrs. Young is an exceptional woman professionally and personally. She understood my low income and health issues. She did outstanding work on 8 pairs of pants that needed taking in. When she brought them back they were still big so she altered all my pants in my apartment. I would recommend her highly to any one needing clothing alterations." She gave me an "A" rating. I am unable to explain her misconceptions of the events surrounding the work I performed for her. I am sending her a full refund and will never accept work from her again. Thank you. Most sincerely, Tracy Young

09/08/2017

Theresa N.

Tracy's work is most excellent. Although I've not been back to her for a while I do know that when I need alterations again she will be the first one I call.

Description of Work
Alterations

09/07/2017

Liz P.

I was really shocked. She showed me that the jacket that I thought needed some alterations didn't really need it. I had sort of thrown it on and said oh this is too big in the shoulders. She said button it up and let's see how it fits. She said she's not going to put a tuck here and there just to make some money. I felt very good about it and she's just a super nice person. The pricing was a little high to me but I thought with her personality and her skill level and things that are important to you I would use her again. I think she charges the same rate like by the hour. If it is something that is simple and doesn't take much time it doesn't cost as much. And if it is time consuming, it costs more. I really felt like she did a good job. She did make a rather radical repair on one of the blouses.

Description of Work
I took some things to her that I was asking for some very quick turnaround on. I took 2 blouses and a light weight jacket to her. She was able to turn around the 2 blouses in 2 days time.

08/17/2017

Heidi W.

Tracy did a fantastic job. Several people asked to take my picture during the convention, and I even won a small award from the Otakon staff for my costume!

Description of Work
Alterations for costumes for cosplaying at Otakon (an Anime convention). Everything was a little too small (except for my overcoat, which was way too long), and Tracy gave us room to breathe. She also reinforced the stitches to make sure they were sturdier than before. She shortened the overcoat to the perfect mid-calf length.

04/14/2017

SANDRA C.

Tracy was fantastic. It was very easy to set up an appointment at a time it was convenient for me (Tracy works on Saturdays!). I needed alterations for pants, Tracy did a fantastic job! and the price is very fair!!.

Description of Work
Alterations

04/11/2017

Annabelle R.

It would have been nice to have an estimate of the cost. We felt it cost too much.

Description of Work
sew in new pockets put in a zipper in trousers sew on a pocket

02/21/2017

Jean P.

She does a beautiful job and I trust her completely. Tracey is honest, professional and is very skilled. Her work is top notch. I am so glad I found her on Angies List.

Description of Work
Tracey has done work for me a couple times now. The first time was wedding gown alterations. She has also hemmed a formal dress for me.

11/17/2016

Leah W.

Tracy was great! Contacted her on a Monday and set up a time to meet on Thursday. I wanted 3 pillow covers made pretty quickly. I supplied the fabric and the pillow forms and she bought zippers. I asked if she could have them done in one week because i had guests coming and she was happy to oblige. Pillows were indeed done in one week and they looked fabulous! Very happy with the work and Tracy was lovely.

Description of Work
Tracy made me 3 pillow covers.

11/08/2016

Stephanie S.

Tracy had the work done within a week and it was beautiful! She was flexible with timing for drop off and pick up. She works out of her home, but has a room with mirrors for trying on and changing. It was a comfortable environment and Tracy is friendly and professional. She is priced very fairly.

Description of Work
I needed a bridesmaid dress hemmed and straps shortened for a wedding I was in.

10/24/2016

Ellen R.

Tracy responded to my plea right away and did an amazing job of repairing the dress. What a professional! It was so worth the drive to Silver Spring and I would ask Tracy to do any further seamstress work I have, no question. Thank you Tracy, for your kindness, professionalism, and wonderful skill!!!

Description of Work
Tracy helped me with an emergency bridesmaid dress repair. The first person who worked on the dress really made a mess of it! Hem was lopsided, wrong color thread was used, one strap was cut and pieced back together very poorly. The dress looked horrible!

10/09/2016

Arnold F.

After meeting Tracy and experiencing her superb craft first hand, I too am hooked on the wonderful person and phenomenal work she provides. To say my dress looked amazing would be an understatement. It was out of this world! Thank you Tracy for your professionalism, talent and design!

Description of Work
I needed a seamstress to alter my "mother-of-the-bride/groom" wedding dress. Found Tracy's name on Angie's list and read all the wonderful reviews.

07/07/2016

Susie B.

I stumbled upon Tracy on Angie's List, and I am so lucky I did. Tracy was so accommodating with my schedule, and her work is immaculate. I had four very different dresses that needed a range of adjustments, and she executed them beautifully (this woman has magic hands)! You can't even tell where the work was done on the dresses, and they all fit me absolutely perfectly. Tracy saved the day and I can't ever imagine going to anyone else! Her home is lovely, she makes you feel incredibly comfortable, is very professional, and pricing is very reasonable. You can truly see she loves her work. I can't rave about her or thank her enough! Tracy comes HIGHLY recommended!

Description of Work
Alterations on four different dresses from bridesmaid floor-length gown, sundress, formal dress, and work dress.

04/26/2016

Herbert L.

Tracy is great. Very responsive to requests. Excellent communication throughout. Very Professional. The work was perfect in every respect. Cannot say enough great things!

Description of Work
Tailored 4 suits (Jackets and Pants)

04/02/2016

Michael W.

Tracy has done a number of jobs for us and I have been pleased with all of her work. She tailored a prom gown my daughter bought on line, several suites for me and did expert alterations to a revolutionary war uniform that I wear as part of a color guard in re-enactments and ceremonies. Needles to say, the uniform has to be perfect and she did the job! I could not ask for better plus her prices are reasonable and turn around time fast.

Description of Work
Alterations to a gown my daughter bought online. Alterations to men's suits and a revolutionary war reproduction uniform.

03/30/2016

Beth H.

Tracy did a lovely job. She picked out fabric to use as a binding based on a paint chip I sent, and the tablecloth is just beautiful. She was wonderful to work with - called me several times to clarify things and did the work in a timely way. I'm very pleased and will definitely use her again.

Description of Work
Stitched and bound a tablecloth from 2 pieces of linen.

12/19/2015

Jim D.

Tracy is great, and I was lucky to find her. I hesitated to call because from other reviews I could see that she was way overqualified for this task and thus likely too busy or just not interested. But she was not. I brought the article over, said I would like it back ASAP but a week would be fine. It was ready the next day.

Description of Work
Sewing repair to man's leather jacket.

12/04/2015

Janet B.

I am extremely happy with the work Tracy did for me. She crafted a two-sided King duvet cover with my fabric(hidden zipper with ties inside to secure the comforter to the corners) so that I can use either side interchangeably. With beautiful piecing of material and pattern matching, this workmanship is truly exceptional. She also made 3 euro (2' X 2') pillow shams with hidden zippers and 3-inch flange. Then she made coordinating smaller throw pillows with decorative fringe. She completed the job faster than she promised, and spend a good amount of time finding some things I couldn't find--sham backing fabric, cording and fringe that she texted me photos of for my approval. Tracy is professional, artistic, organized, honest and just a really nice person. I came home with bedding that was more beautiful than I expected. I wouldn't hesitate to ask her to make anything I needed, no matter how complicated.

Description of Work
Duvet cover(2 sided King) with decorative trim, three Euro pillow covers, 2 throw pillows with fringe.

11/05/2015

ROHINI A.

Ms. Young did a wonderful job! She altered everything to my liking and did all in a very timely manner (even earlier than the time she originally predicted). She is also very courteous and passionate about her work. I will definitely return to her!

Description of Work
Ms. Young performed alterations on multiple suits (about 3), a pair of jeans, a blazer, and a pair of pants.

10/06/2015

Susan M.

Tracy was very personable and professional. She has a beautiful sitting room for trying on clothes. It took 3 visits to get everything just right but it was worth it. The dress fits and was done in time for the wedding!

Description of Work
I had a dress that I ordered on line for my son's wedding and it did not fit when it arrived. Tracy let out the seams and hemmed the dress. Now it fits perfectly!

10/05/2015

Lisa M D.

Tracy was lovely and professional! Her work on my wedding dress made it look so much better on my body, and I felt a lot more confident and pretty in it. It was an aspect of the dress I didn't think even *could* be fixed and Tracy altered it in such a professional way that the dress looked perfect. Her rates are fair and she was able to fit us in at the last moment, and meet our tight-ish deadline, despite the fact she was about to go on vacation herself! I would definitely use her again.

Description of Work
Made a veil, hemmed a suit jacket and pants, and fixed some lace and hemmed sleeves on a bridal gown.

09/16/2015

Daniel E.

Tracy was extremely accommodating. Because of a tight deadline on my part, she completed the job the same day, even though it was not required that quickly. Her work was done expertly and all items fit to a tee. The prices were very affordable; much lower than at other tailor shops I have used. I highly recommend her services.

Description of Work
Tracy altered men's suit jackets and pants. This included shortening sleeve length (1) and taking in jacket backs (3) to properly fit after weight loss. Also took in waist (1) and hemmed pants (1). All work done for the stated cost.

08/23/2015

Naliyah K.

Tracy is as talented as everyone says! She did exactly what I wanted with the dress- hemmed it, took it in, made it strapless and built in support for $195- she did a beautiful job!

Description of Work
altered an evening gown- took it in, made it strapless, built in structure and hemmed it

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating

Alterations & Sewing.

Window Treatments. No work on leather.