Potomac Massage Training Institute

Founded 1976 • With Angi since June 2011

8380 Colesville Rd Ste 600

Silver Spring, MD 20910

PMTI is the only nonprofit massage school in the Washnigton DC metropolitan community, as well as the oldest school in the area....

06/19/2014

Rachel N.

I love the appointments there. They are so reasonably priced and I can't tell any difference in quality between these new graduates and professionals charging $75 at a minimum out there. The clinic is clean, efficient, and respectful. They offer three price points - students, graduates, and professionals. Thus far I have only gotten massages with graduates and really couldn't be happier. What's especially nice is they educate you about stretching the parts of your body that hurt after your appointment.

Description of Work
I booked an appointment with a graduate from their clinic.

06/18/2014

Sharon L.

The experience was great. I used to go to a massage training school in Boston and enjoyed the experience there (particularly the price), so I tried out PMTI. The student clinic wasn't available when I called so I took an appointment in the graduate clinic, which is slightly more expensive. These therapists are graduates of the Institute, and are trying to build up a practice. I enjoyed the massage I had and it seems that in the graduate clinic, you can go back to see the same provider. I have not been back but I do hope to return. All in all a great experience and you can't beat the price.

Description of Work
Massage in the graduate clinic

02/01/2014

Joseph K.

Some of the practitioners are better than others. I found one who is incredible, and I know others who have also found great massage therapist there, and she is excellent at knowing the right amount of pressure on the right spots. My back has improved immensely since starting treatment there, and I cannot say enough positive things. The price is right. Find someone who is good and stick with them. The staff is friendly and helpful. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Massage feels great! And it helps to massage and loosen muscles.

09/20/2011

L B.

It was amazing to get off the elevator and have a overwhelming feeling of calmness reach out to receive me. 0n this day I was looking for some relaxation and soft tissue work on areas before physical therapy for recovering from a fall injury. The student clinic therapists are the best in the area and can't go wrong for $37.00 a session. The therapist was knowledgeable and attentive to my needs for this session. I usually visit the Graduate Clinic for specific deep tissue work and the Pro Clinic for Lymphatic Drainage Massage. The mixing of different modalities for my recovery is very important for my well being and continued support before surgery of the knee. The mulitple clinic services let me find and pick what I needed for the greatest outcome. I am a long time client of PMTI and will be for years to come.

Description of Work
Visited the Student Clinic on this day for some soft tissue work before Physical Therapy the next day.

Category massage therapy,health workshops

06/15/2011

Ann H.

You can elect to have massages done by a student with supervision in private. You can also elect to have massage done by students that have graduated and are staying on to build a client base (the rate is $50/hour). If you use less experienced students the rate is less expensive. They are unbelievably expert at what they do. I have lived in every major city in the east coast and have massage in all of them due to a muscle disease. Typically, a regular massuese usually charges $150-$250/hour. I have had massages from 4 students from the institute and they are far superior to any other massuese that I have had. I suffer from chronic muscle pain and the massages from these students help immensely. I have had massages for over 40 years and these are the best. They give massages for medical related treatment or just for recreation/pleasure. They do all types of different massage - Swedish, hot rocks, deep tissue, etc. They are trained in all types. Everyone that studies there is very friendly and kind. They will bend over backwards to accomodate you in any way.

Description of Work
They are a school that offers massages by their students at different levels of pricing and reduced pricing.

Massage Therapy
    Health Education/Workshops
    Alternative Med. - General

PMTI generally does not provide student massage services for events, parties, and conferences, either for no cost or for a reduced rate. We are typically unable to accommodate such requests, as all student practice requirements are pre-planned and are carefully designed to support specific objectives throughout the course of study.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Potomac Massage Training Institute

How is Potomac Massage Training Institute overall rated?

Potomac Massage Training Institute is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Potomac Massage Training Institute open?

Potomac Massage Training Institute is open:

Does Potomac Massage Training Institute offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Potomac Massage Training Institute does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

What services does Potomac Massage Training Institute offer?

Potomac Massage Training Institute offers the following services: We offer professional training for aspiring massage therapists, community workshops for those interested in exploring the world of massage and bodywork, and low-cost clinics for local residents to receive massage for a reduced rate.

Are there any services Potomac Massage Training Institute does not offer?