GSW Electric Service LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2007

401 Center Street Suite 205

Mount Airy, MD 21771

Established fifteen years ago, GSW Electric is a family-owned and operated, full service electrical contractor serving residential and commercial customers. George "Spencer" Willie is a Master Electrician with over 29 years of experience. He was formerly employed by Pepco where he worked as a high-voltage electrician. GSW Electric is a member of The Greater Mt Airy Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. We offer free estimates. Check out our 5 star rating on Service Magic. Copy and paste the link below. http://www.servicemagic.com/rated.GSWElectricalServiceLLC.4833334.html?link_id=13317#ratings...

07/22/2021

Arnold S.

We got them as a referral when it was still ANGIES LIST. A couple of days after it was installed the light had started going out the fan was working okay but the lights kept going on and off every 2 minutes, they sent the same technician out trying to figure out why it was doing that. They didn't charge us a dime for the 2 and a half hours the technician (Jason) was here. It was incredibly nice for George Willy to not charge us for having Jason here for almost 2 hours. Nice gentleman, very good technicians, and they really know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Light and Ceiling fan installation.

04/04/2021

Owen S.

We got a video doorbell but our house had no existing wired doorbell. Both of the men were very courteous. The lead tech asked me where I wanted the chime box installed and talked through various options. He took care to make the hole only big enough for the transformer so it would be covered by the chime box and look nice. Unfortunately, the doorbell we got required mechanical and not digital chime box! The lead tech was patient when I called tech support and even tried to talk to them himself. Ultimately, they got everything as far as they could while we had to order a the right chimes. But that was not their fault! They also cleaned up well (our walls are plaster). I would certainly hire them for future electrical work.

Description of Work
Installation of wired doorbell system

08/25/2020

Lori L.

The work was done as agreed and in a timely manner. He was very professional, and communicated well. My only complaint is the price $325 for 30 minutes of work; he had a helper. That seems excessive.

Description of Work
remount electrical meter

07/24/2020

Keith S.

Working with GSW has been a great pleasure from talking to the owner George, getting a quote, work being conducted, and billing. This is a top-notch company and I highly recommend them. Competitive pricing with the high-quality work product. Brian and Sam came out did the job quickly and to high-quality standards. Cleaned up after themselves and were true professionals. Carrying around a 16-foot ladder in a small space is not easy and they treated my home like it was there own. Thank you, Brian and Sam and GSW electric for reminding me there are great and honest contractors out there!

Description of Work
I had a ceiling fan and foyer light fixture installed (18 foot ceiling).

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive to give our customers the best possible service. We look forward to working with you in the future. Best to you- George

03/31/2020

Delise W W.

Excellent. On time. Very professional and polite. Excellent job. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Light switch replaced

02/03/2020

Diana M.

They were able to send someone out the same day we called and the guys even showed up early. The repair was done quickly and they were friendly and polite.

Description of Work
Needed the line to the stove repaired

07/19/2019

Susan K.

It went well! Very pleased with everything!

Description of Work
Recessed lighting, eliminate an outside receptacle, put a new one in another outside location.

06/23/2019

Tom H.

The electricians Jason and Don did a great job of installing five ceiling fans in my new home. They were very thorough and make sure everything was done correctly. Will certainly consider GSW Electric for any future needs.

Description of Work
Installation of ceiling fans

Category electrician, ceiling fans

03/04/2019

Mark W.

Spencer came out promptly to give us and estimate, and the work was scheduled for right away. Spencer and Justin arrived right on time, completed the project, and cleaned up everything - extremely professional from start to finish.

Description of Work
Remove and replace overhead fluorescent fixtures with LED lights.

02/22/2019

Lin B.

They were excellent. They figured out a way to install an outlet I wanted on the outside wall of an extra room upstairs. Went out of their way to be sure everything looked good. Were friendly, professional, and prompt.

Description of Work
Installation of additional outlets

07/05/2018

Uday S.

Perfectly and reasonable labor charges. Gave me an accurate quote over the phone, no surprises. Was a pleasure to interact with George Willie.

Description of Work
Installing a floor receptacle for a range oven

06/08/2018

Hilary H.

We had an existing attic fan and the fan stopped working. I spoke with George on the phone and based on my description, he determined that the motor had failed. GSW arrived on time, and replaced the motor after an onsite assessment. The price he quoted on the phone was the price he charged. They were professional and guaranteed their work. I would certainly call on them again for electrical service.

Description of Work
Attic Fan Replacement

02/07/2018

Roger M.

While the technical was not extremely hard, the tight deadlines due to mismanagement of the overall projected enabled the successful completion of the overall project and saved thousands in fines and delays. I will be using GSW Electric Services again. Extremely happy with the results.

Description of Work
GSW Electric Service came into a situation that was less than optimum. The project was started by another Electrician and the permit expired. GSW was able to review the work, repair issues, and get the final completed quickly with a very tight deadline. GSW only had 2 weeks or less to complete the electrical inspections that allowed for the overall project to be closed out.

02/01/2018

Victoria O.

I had a water pipe burst in my kitchen and thought some of my outlets may have been compromised from the water, so I had them come in to do an inspection and fix a light switch that just needed replaced. They were in and out quickly and did a thorough job. They also "educated" me on other things to help prevent future issues. They put everything back into place before leaving and were very professional. I will certainly be recommending them to others and will hire again in the future if needed. Great service!!

Description of Work
inspection and replacement light switch

11/07/2017

MISTY W.

Jason was a pleasure to work with and I was completely happy with the attention to details and communication. I was given a best case scenario and worse case and the amount was in the ballpark they originally quoted. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Called GSW to come out and troubleshoot our landscaping lighting (which had been out for over a year).

08/15/2017

Andrew F.

The particular job was hourly. Their friendly and open to listen when you ask about other electrical work. I had them for hours so they did other electrical work for me. The ability for email, takes a little longer for services.

Description of Work
I used GSW Electric Service LLC to remove baseboard heaters.

08/14/2017

Robert T.

Everything was done on budget and time ... great outfit!

Description of Work
Attic fan installed and misc. electrical work

03/14/2017

Myrna G.

That was fine. That turned out fine. Again, it took a while to get it coordinated between my schedule and his schedule. I did, but it was because I had more than that done. It was two hundred over. I had them do a whole lot more.They were electrician's, and why they were here. I got them to do some more things. I was perfectly happy with the whole price. There was a lot of problems with communication. When they were suppose to be here, they were here. Yes, they were already in my book. Because there was some problems with communications. He was suppose to call me, but he emailed me. I do not check my emails all the time. I would get a hold to his office person. She said, he sent you an email. It was just difficult. Once we got all that straighten out. Don't call me by email, it was better. The installation was done quite well.

Description of Work
Roof attic fan installation. Installed a thermostat controlled attic fan. Repaired a couple of outlets. Replaced a couple of switches.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/07/2017

Arnold S.

We contacted Mr. Willie, whom we had used before. He came out within a day or two, corrected the problem, and at a more than fair price. We really like GSW electric and certainly plan to use George and his staff again, if we need any other electrical work done in our home.

Description of Work
We needed to have a new dimmer switch installed in our dining room because one of the people from EcoMize had installed new light bulbs without changing the switch, so the bulbs flickered and were too bright when we first turned them on. .

03/03/2017

Jim F.

George (Spencer) and Jayson were terrific. They were very professional, thorough, and respectful. They also happily answered my multiple questions so I could feel comfortable with what they were doing. Permitting and inspection went through without any issues. I would absolutely hire GSW Electric again.

Description of Work
I needed a sub panel installed as well as a whole house surge protector and a new dedicated circuit for an electric fireplace.

01/28/2017

Sameer K.

They were good. We really liked them.

Description of Work
We hired GSW Electric Service.

11/11/2016

Karen G.

I will definitely contact GSW for future needs. The service and professionalism were outstanding.

Description of Work
Brian came out the same day I called regarding a safety issue. While he was here, he did a safety inspection and provided valuable information. He also installed outside lights for us, and did an excellent job. Great service!

09/15/2016

Josephine T.

They did great service. They replace all the outdoor light and even replace additional light with no extra cost. before he Installed the ceiling fan in the master bedroom, he went to the attic to make sure that the box can support the fan and won't cost any damage on our ceiling in the future. I definitely will contact them again on our next project.

Description of Work
Replace outdoor lights and install new motion detector lights. Install ceiling fan.

09/07/2016

Melanie M.

GSW responded promptly to my request and was able to meet my appointment preferences. Jason was the electrician who performed the work. He was efficient, cheerful, discussed options with me, and honored a price approach that GSW had offered when I set up the appointment - that is, if the job was finished earlier than the expected length of time, it would convert to an hourly rate.

Description of Work
I purchased a new home and I needed to get four ceiling fans hung.

08/29/2016

David F.

Great! GSW responded the same day of my request for an estimate and scheduled a time based on my convenience later that week. Estimate was emailed within 2 days and the owner called to schedule a time to do the service about 2 days after I signed the contract. The electrician, Jason, arrived within the 1 hour window, assessed the project, and started working right away. He was very friendly, professional, and just top-notch competent. Rather than try to rush through the project, Jason made great suggestions about where, and how, to place the fans, and kept taking measurements with me to ensure they were going to be located exactly where I wanted (within the nearest 1/4 inch, no joke!). He went to great lengths and significant extra time to drill and then fish the electrical wire through the wall rather than drill through the siding where it would have been noticeable. Throughout the whole project it was clear to me that the electrician truly did treat my house as if it was his own - I can't convey how impressed I was with his attention to detail, even offered to mop off fingerprints (most of which were mine). Part of the contract was for me to remove and modify some of the ceiling vinyl tile pieces (which is more work than it sounds like) and Jason did not hesitate to cut out the openings in the tiles for the fans for me and help with the re-install. The finished product was outstanding (and I am a really picky person) and the fans look fantastic. I truly felt GSW really went out of their way to ensure I was happy with the service and the quality of work. Couldn't recommend these guys any higher - will definitely use them for future work.

Description of Work
Install 2 new ceiling fans on covered porch

FirmStone

Both our residential and commercial clients have been impressed by our exceptional work and service. FirmStone pays close attention to detail in order to provide a stress-free process for our customers. From the initial consultation, to the final walk through, we are here to build your vision into reality. We strive to make your landscaping or hardscaping experience seamless by listening carefully, discussing options, and making suggestions to customize your project ideas. We are perfectionists that take pride in our work.

Beltran Landscaping LLC

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Landscaping services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Bartz Landscaping

Our Mission at Bartz Landscaping is to design, build, and maintain Outdoor Living Spaces and Scenery to create Timeless Memories for our Clients. Bartz Landscaping is a customer-centric organization that fulfills their daily operations and mission with the Utmost Care and Attention-To-Detail for our Customers. We believe that we will accomplish our Goals and Targets- by helping our Customers, Vendors, Staff, and Community in accomplishing Their Goals and Targets. Bartz Landscaping is specialized and exhibits their talents through Pool & Spa Building, Landscaping, Hardscaping & Masonry, Drainage Solutions, and Horticulture. Sean Bartz, Founder & Owner, can be found providing solutions, coaching and developing the Team, helping our Clients, and Sharing Smiles & Positivity. MHIC #137028. MDA- F1170

Offers by Bartz Landscaping on Angi

Maryland
    Maryland: General
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Specialize in residential & commercial electrical wiring-ceiling fan installation, recessed lighting, basement wiring, generator install & wiring, install outlets & fixtures,outdoor lighting,parking lot lighting