Periodontal and Implant Associates of Greater Wash

Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
Dentistry - Orthodontics
Dentistry - General

PIAGW (Periodontal & Implant Associates of Greater Washington), headed by Dr. Karl A. Rose, is a specialty dental practice - providing a wide variety of therapies related to gum disease, dental implants, orthodontics and dental prosthetics. It has been in business since 1980. Dr. Rose is a respected practitioner and educator who has pioneered a number of dental treatments; treatments which are "standard of care" today. Within the dental community Dr. Rose is known to deliver the finest treatment available. Similarly, it is known that patients receive their therapy in a most personal and caring way. It is routine for patients to say, "This is the best run medical/dental practice that I use." They also say, "I've never gotten such great care." Our patients get healthy and stay healthy. People know they've found "the best" as soon as they call PIAGW. Referral from a General Dentist is not required. Call 301-652-3355 or email: mwakeman@piagw.com, rschneider@piagw.com. Award winning....

Sorkin, Dr. Andrew J.

Providing quality dentistry in your community for over 35 years! Welcome to our practice! Drs. Andrew Sorkin and Mark Wallace are passionate about providing the highest quality dental care in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. We take the time to get to know you and your family. Our staff prides itself on building lasting connections with our patients. We see you as a part of our extended family, and want you to look forward to each visit as much as we do. Award winning. http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm, http://www.aboms.org/General_Information/general_information.htm#public, https://aaeecom.aae.org/aaeeweb/FindENDO/Find_Endodontistabe.aspx, http://www.americanboardortho.com/public, http://www.perio.org/amboard/search/index.html, http://www.prosthodontics.org/abp/locate.asp.There is 2 doctors at this site. To see if a provider is board certified, visit abgd.org.

Virginia Dental Solutions

Whether you are one of our longtime patients, or you are new to the community and are looking for a dentist in the Northern Virginia area, we hope you will take a few minutes to read the information presented here. One of the goals of this site is to provide our patients with an extension of care. As you navigate through the site you will find a wealth of information about dentistry, tooth care, procedures and treatments. We believe our patients deserve to have the information needed to make wise choices about their oral health. You will also find an overview of our practice including our doctors and staff, office hours, insurance and appointment procedures, maps, directions and contact information. For over 30 years, our practice has provided the highest quality dental care by placing the needs of the patients above all else. We care for the entire family, providing a wide range of services: including, preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. As licensed dentists in Reston and Ashburn, we work with our patients so they can achieve and maintain a beautiful smile and healthier gums and teeth. We take pride in providing a comfortable office experience where our qualified staff is friendly and knowledgeable and takes the time with our patients to explain their treatment options and inform them of additional preventive care. We feel this will lead to a more trusting doctor/patient relationship and, for many people, alleviate the stress associated with their dental visits. Our offices are conveniently located in Fairfax and Loudoun counties, and we offer some evening and Saturday hours. We invite you to call with any questions or email us via the contact us or request an appointment page of our Web site. We will do everything possible to ensure you a pleasant visit.

GentleCare Dentistry

Welcome to GentleCare Dentistry, the office of David L. Anthony, DDS. We are a full service dental office located in the heart of Germantown, Maryland, offering the highest quality dentistry for all ages! At GentleCare Dentistry, patient care and comfort is our main concern. We have designed our office so that you will have a warm and welcoming experience each time you visit us. We are pleased to offer state-of-the art dentistry in a modern environment Worried About Your Smile? We Can Help. We offer comprehensive dental care for all ages, whether you are looking for routine care, cosmetic improvement, or an end to chronic discomfort. Call us today for a complimentary smile consultation. Get Results Now! Give Us A Call! Care Credit Financing

08/13/2015

Description of Work
I had extensive work to be done, still on going, and they have been terrific. They do not take a lot of insurance, but that seems to be the norm in the dental field.

05/24/2013

Very impressed with Dr. Rose who was highly recommended by a long time Periodontist from out of state where I resided prior to moving to Maryland. The dental hygienist provided the cleaning and care instruction. She was very knowledgeable and friendly, asking al the right questions and providing guidance on continued effective gum care.

Description of Work
First appointment, check up and cleaning. Staff excellent and dental hygienist was very skilled, informative and friendly. I have a followup appointment for X-rays and consultation.

02/22/2013

I see Shreeti, the dental hygienist. She is wonderful. She takes as much time as I need to talk about my problems. She is very patient and very calming when I have problems. She communicates very well with Dr. Rose, the periodontist. She helps me to communicate with him because he doesn't have as much time to talk with me so it is very important that she has patience and time to let me get my word...

Description of Work
I use Periodontal and Implant Associates of Greater Washington.

11/19/2012

So far my implant has been successful.

Description of Work
I went to Dr Rose to get a dental implant done. This included a tooth extraction, a bone graft, and getting an implant in. Dr Rose was very professional and his staff is very competent. Dr Rose seems to be an expert in dental implants. The only downside is that Dr Rose seems to be more expensive than other implant providers. To me, a dental implant is not something you want to skimp on if you have the money though, and for me it was worth it to go to the best.

Category oral surgeons,periodontics

06/15/2012

The surgery was a success. I am very happy with my new implant. Dr. Rose installed the post for the implant, and my regular dentist attached the prosthetic tooth to the post. Communication and coordination between Dr. Rose and my dentist was very important in the process; so I greatly appreciate the fact that Dr. Rose is so competent and pleasant. His prices might be a bit higher than some, but he...

Description of Work
I had an implant installed in the space where a molar had been removed by another dentist the previous year. I wish to highly praise the services of Dr. Rose and his staff. It was a slightly scary situation for me as I had never had an implant before. Dr. Rose is particularly compassionate and a good communicator. I like to understand all the details of a procedure, and he spent a considerable amount of time with me, patiently answering all my questions, drawing diagrams when necessary. His staff is also particularly easy to talk to; and the quality of the communication is superior to that of most of the other dental/periodontal practices I have used in the past. Margaret, the receptionist, is a pleasure to deal with.

Category oral surgeons,periodontics

10/11/2010

Dr Apgar is extremely good. She calls up to find out how things are going.

Description of Work
Dr Apgar is my periodontist.

01/25/2010

Dr. Rose's ego and arrogance interfere with his medical decisions and care. I would NEVER recommend this person!

Description of Work
Dr. Rose placed an implant which two weeks later had to be removed because its placement had failed.

Category oral surgeons

05/28/2009

Great! She was prompt, relaxed (i.e. not rushed), very patient and very kid-friendly. She took ample time to connect with my daughter before looking into her mouth. She also seems very knowledgable and has high standards. Took lots of time to teach me about periodontal issues during orthodontia, and to teach my daughter effective brushing and flossing technique.

Description of Work
Dr. Apgar evaluated our daughter's gum tissue, to ensure there is sufficient "support" for orthodontic appliances (braces).

Category periodontics

Dental, periodontal and implant therapies. Periodontal (gum disease) surgery and Laser gum treatment - LANAP. Cosmetic surgical treatments, orthodontically related periodontal surgery, restoratively related periodontal surgery (e.g. gum grafting & crown lengthening), bone and gum reconstruction, replacing missing teeth, routine oral hygiene & cleaning. In house CT scans, digital radiography, Anxiety management by oral sedation for fearful patients.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express