Wilmington Family Dental

With Angi since October 2008

4.1

306 Main St

Wilmington, MA 01887

http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm, http://www.aboms.org/General_Information/general_information.htm#public....

04/29/2017

ed C.

Things seem to have changed, I can not say exactly how but there is a cold feeling about the place now. Get you in , get it done, suggest more work needs to be done and move on.

Description of Work
All I needed was a regular cleaning nothing special.

04/28/2015

He is not very good. He does not have very good bedside manner. He also seems to be looking for extra money proposing that procedure that other dentist have never said I needed before. The staff and hygienist were nice. My wife had a root canal there, they did not a real good job with that and they didn't follow up with her very well, the kind of treating her on ad hoc basis. I would not use them in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. Hornung is my dentist and he is with Wilmington Family Dental and last appointment was in January.

11/06/2014

Michael M.

The technicians are good. I haven't had much interaction with the dentist. They seem pretty friendly and knowledgeable. I would rate them pretty high on their availability. I've been using them but I'm thinking about switching.

Description of Work
I go to them. They did basic dental work the last time.

06/03/2014

Jeff W.

They are in a super-convenient location for me, and not many dentists take my company's ultra-cheep insurance plan, which are the 2 reasons why I keep going back. They do a fine job of cleaning teeth. The jury is still out though due to a few reasons. #1 is when I first joined they took about 16 extras of my teeth and said they identified 5 cavities but would not show me my xrays despite asking 3 times. I got the cavities filled anyways. One of them I needed to come back for 2x because it hurt when I'd bite down on it...never had that happen before for a cavity. It's fine now, but I still want to see my xrays.

Description of Work
Regular bi-annual exam.

04/08/2014

I know him pretty well. He is great. He is very good guy. His staff is good, excellent. They are good about helping me with anything I need and they answer my questions.

Description of Work
Dr. Hornung has been my dentist for about 20 years. The last visit was for fillings.

Category dentists, oral surgeons

01/28/2014

sheila D.

It was pretty good. He was willing to do it and do it on time. Everything was fine. Everything has been pretty good for me. I have no complains. The staff is very pleasant. They work with you. A couple of times, I was running late and I could call them and they didn't threat to charge me for not showing up so that was good. They were kind of very nice and rescheduled me. They are pretty good. I never had to reschedule. I like one lady more than the rest in the cleaning side of things. They always make sure I get her. She is pretty good. The office environment is not like flashy but it's clean. The staff always works with you all the time. Their communication is good because when I had the bridge and crown, we had to go back and forth and they had to give me some figures and I could talk to my insurance and they were very good in faxing the papers. With whatever I needed, they helped me. The treatment is good. I have no issues at all. The billing and administration is good.

Description of Work
Wilmington Family Dental does my dental works. He did a bridge for me. I do my cleaning there twice a year.

09/12/2013

Charles D.

They're really easy to deal with and speak to. They're fairly flexible in their scheduling. I had a crown put in this year and had to get it repaired 3 times already. I have had about 10 fillings replaced and have had to go back multiple times to get those fillings re-done because they either cracked, fell out, or just weren't effective. I am on the fence about recommending them. The office environment is getting dated and honestly I'd rather pay for good treatment in a state of the art facility with equipment that is not older than I am...and I'm not all that young.

Description of Work
I have been going to Wilmington Family Dental for over a year.

06/14/2013

Mesut E.

while my wife was visibly pregnant and the dentist was informed that she was pregnant, dentist put a mercury and silver based filling into my wife's tooth without informing if that was ok with her or not. Naturally if he had informed my wife, she would not accept a mercury filling in her mouth especially when she is pregnant. I hope no damage happened to the baby due to increased mercury and silver content in mother's body (as some of it was swallowed during operation), otherwise I will be contacting a lawyer for sure. Do not go to this dentist. They are not professional at all.

Description of Work
My wife had a cracked tooth due to pregnancy, so she went there for it to be fixed.

04/23/2012

sheila D.

He is very gentle, and offers you lots of options for you. He is not upset if you choose not to do something. He has a good bedside manner.

Description of Work
Dr. Horung does all of my annual checkups. He has done my bridge, and my crowns. He filled all of my gaps and my teeth look so good!

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist

10/10/2011

David A.

always a positive experience. Never keeps you waiting too long.

Description of Work
Dental Checkup

06/14/2009

Debra C.

Due to a change in ins. coverage my children just started going to Wilmington Family Dental. I am very happy with this dental office and it's dentists. My daughter, who is dental phobic, was made at ease with her past visits as well. My son was past due on his cleaning and the office called and offered him a couple of appointment times that they had come available. He was able to go in two days later. His was a routine visit, no cavities! The hygienist was professional and personable. She did a thorough job.

Description of Work
Routine bi-annual dental exam and cleaning

Dentistry - General