Rousson Family Dentistry

Founded 1992 • With Angi since December 2008

1001 Watertown St Floor 3

West Newton, MA 02465

http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm, http://www.aboms.org/General_Information/general_information.htm#public....

10/03/2014

Michelle C.

We have friends who have been happy with Dr Rousson for many years (he is their family dentist + orthodontist for all their kids) so we consulted him about tooth overcrowding for my son (could it be resolved without braces e.g. just by extracting one tooth?). We hoped his dual specialty in dentistry and orthodontics would be beneficial but in fact, I think it set up a conflict of interest. He said braces were essential (no surprise there - so did every other orthodontist we consulted). When we pressed about other options, he then recommended removing all 4 wisdom teeth to create space. This didn't make ANY sense to me (remove back teeth to create space in the front? hmmmmm) so I Google this approach - it was largely discredited. | |Went for a second opinion by a top-end oral surgeon who confirmed that it would not resolve the overcrowding problem at all and might actually be risky in my son's case because removing his wisdom teeth before they'd erupted could nick a nearby nerve and potentially leave him with permanent facial paralysis. 3D x rays (which Dr Rousson had not done) confirmed this risk. The oral surgeon refused to do the extraction. A narrow escape! | |In hindsight, I feel Dr. Rousson made an irresponsible recommendation. Also, of the several (4-5) specialists we consulted he was one of only two who charged us.

Category dentists

Dear [member name removed], I would like to take this opportunity to clear up the unfortunate misunderstanding of your initial visit with Dr. Rousson. The consultation pertaining to your son's orthodontic evaluation was just that: a consultation, and without the proper radiographic documentation there can certainly be no recommendations of extractions made, only different options given. According to the clinical notes the recommendation was: A full orthodontic work up to be completed (ie:impressions, study models, ceph and panoramic film) prior to the extraction of the single tooth which parent is interested in removing, a panoramic film/CT scan to evaluate 3rd molars (wisdom teeth). The evaluation for extraction of 3rd molars was recommended not to correct the existing issue of crowding, but to prevent the re-crowding of anterior teeth after orthodontic therapy. I would like to apologize if you were overwhelmed by all that of that additional information, however we are happy to sit down with you and your son again and once again go over any/all options we see as the ideal treatment plan that will serve your son appropriately with optimal and lasting results. Best, Amy Micozzi Office Manager

08/14/2014

David ..

I have used Dr. Rousson since his practice opened - more than 20 years - and would not go anywhere else. He is extremely competent and very personable - an unbeatable combination.

Description of Work
Replaced filling and repaired small crack in tooth that occurred when old filling broke.

10/03/2013

Lucy G.

Even the worst of dental procedures (gum grafting IMO) was not very uncomfortable with Dr. Rousson. He has a wonderful demeanor, a great sense of humor, and explains things as he goes along. His staff is equally cheerful and calming. The office is warm and inviting, adding to the calm atmosphere. He uses all of the latest technology, making procedures very effective and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Rousson for anything from basic dentistry to orthodontics to oral surgery, he's fantastic!

Description of Work
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Rousson for almost 20 years. He's so good, we still drive from Gloucester since moving from Boston 17 years ago. He has provided all the basics for us, plus Invisalign and other typically uncomfortable procedures such as gum grafting and root canals.

Category dentists,oral surgeons,cosmetic dentist

05/01/2013

James S.

He does very good work, his staff is very nice, I have no complaints at all, the environment is nice, I don't think I have ever waited more than five minutes if I was on time.

Description of Work
Dr. Rousson of Rousson Family Dentistry is our dentist. I went to him six months ago.

03/25/2013

ELIZABETH B.

Dr. Rousson's receptionist greeted us warmly and after a short wait I was seen by Dr. Rousson and his nurse. He kindly told me not to worry, my treatment could be handled perfectly while I remained in my wheelchair, a great relief to me as standing was quite painful. I seem to recall that it took about 2 visits in 2 weeks for me to receive my new upper denture. It fit so amazingly well that I never needed an adjustment. I have now had it for about six months and I am delighted by the beautiful appearance as well as the still perfect fit.

Description of Work
I am a senior woman who was confined to a wheelchair when I found myself in immediate need of a dentist. Having recently moved from Maryland, I turned to Angie's List, as usual, for help. My upper denture had cracked in half, forcing me to wear an old denture that I had hung on to for just such an emergency. I was given an immediate appointment and off we went.

Category dentists,dentures

08/20/2012

katharine G.

She is great. She is very thorough with great explanations.

Description of Work
I had some bonding work done. I was also there for a general check-up.

Category dentists,cosmetic dentist

07/17/2012

James S.

I have been going there for ten years. He does good work. I trust him. He is quite knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I use Rousson Family Dentistry for dental care. I last went for a filling.

10/19/2011

Ken P.

I saw him on the 2nd of August 2011 as well. He is close in terms of the location. He seems to be very efficient and he has all the modern toys in his office which operates on the modern technology. He and his staff are all professional dentists. It is very quick as it is just in and out. He does what he needs to do.

Description of Work
Dr. Dominique Rousson is my dentist. I last saw him in the early September 2011 for a routine checkup.

08/02/2010

Ken P.

He is quite professional and friendly.

Description of Work
I went to Dr. Dominique Rousson about a month ago for a routine yearly exam.

07/20/2010

James S.

He is a very good and personable guy. He has a nice and pleasant staff. They are very professional. He is very accommodating. He is everything I had hoped for. He is a very competent dentist. My wife has been seeing him for 10 years and I have been seeing him for 5 years. I will see him again in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. Dominique Rousson is my dentist. My daughter went to him last a couple of months ago.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Visa, MasterCard, Check, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

General dentistry, periodontal surgery, endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, prosthedontics, and oral implantology & implant dentistry.