Wellesley Animal Hospital

With Angi since October 2001

Veterinarians
Animal Grooming

03/24/2020

They have been excellent and care for his allergies. They are very knowledgeable and very good with my dog. I would highly recommend them and I will continue to use their services.

Description of Work
I have taken my dog to them for routine care.

11/11/2017

She is special Dr Liz Hartman is really special as is her whole staff. They are compassionate and a very personal experience. They know you they know your dog.

Description of Work
They did check ups.

08/09/2017

Well overall it was good. My dog just doesn't like his nails trimmed. He is very very tiny and he gets too stressed with me.

Description of Work
New vet. Had blood test done for Heartworm and exam. Also my dog needed his toenails trimmed.

02/13/2017

We went to see Dr Hartman with our new puppy for several routine visits in recent months. She was personable, professional and answered all of my questions. We are very happy with her as our veterinarian.

Description of Work
Routine puppy care

06/20/2014

Always a positive experience. We have been taking our pets there for years. They are very patient and answer all your questions.

Description of Work
Annual visit and shots for dog

05/13/2013

They are reasonable. I always use them. They don't offer a separate service for grooming. I like that it is small and it is convenient. The desk staff is good and the vet technicians are helpful. They are two vets there and they both have seen my dog. They both are very good at explaining things and when I see them with other customers. They are very hearing and kind. They are easy to deal with.

Description of Work
I take my dog Wellesley Animal Hospital for veterinary care. I go there usually once a year. They do clip my dog's nail when I take him.

07/31/2012

They are around the corner from me and I would recommend them. Liz Hartman is the veterinarian that I use. Liz is a wonderful communicator and she is extremely practical. I am a physician and I am willing to go the extra mile for my dogs. When one of my dogs had a brain tumor, I had it removed. She is very blunt but she recognizes the cost of health care so she doesn't push for unnecessary tests or procedures. Sometimes I think she hasn't been aggressive enough for my taste but she is aggressive enough for most people. There was one person in her office that I was extraordinarily unhappy with their care. I don't know if they are still there because it was a long time ago. Their prices are very reasonable. They are very responsive. Liz will talk about death and she is much more practical. She will come to the home if you have to put a dog to sleep. She will go the extra mile for that.

Description of Work
I take my dogs to Wellesley Animal Hospital for routine veterinarian care. I was there today to buy some heartguard.

04/24/2012

I always have a wonderful experience, especially with Dr. Hock.

Description of Work
I take my pets there. I was there last because my pet was sick.

09/20/2011

I’ve got 3 pets. I can’t say enough good things about them. The vet is honest. There’s a vet here and I started with her when she first opened up the practice. She would tell me when something is going to cost a lot of money. She may even advice against it. She operated on a cat that I had. He had cancer and she removed the tumor and he lived for a couple of years after the surgery. She was completely scheduled and she took him right in. I felt something like a grape when I was brushing him and as soon as she touched him, I saw the look her on her face and then she immediately took the specimen and put that under the microscope. She told me what was wrong and she operated him the next day. She put down one of my pets and then when I went to pay, her assistant said that they don’t charge for that. She’s helped me with behavioral issues. She’s referred me to Angel Memorial when she could have done things herself and made money, but she told me that if she does the biopsy it wouldn’t be as accurate as a laparoscopy. She has close tie ups with some of the vets there so she referred me to the ophthalmologist as I had a problem with a kitten. My kitten has had surgery already. I would continue to use her in the future.

Description of Work
I go to Wellesley Animal Hospital every 2 weeks. I got some medication and food for my pets on the 19th of September.

08/24/2011

The dog came in very sick, with bloody diarrhea and unable to walk. The vet showed great concern. She was very careful establishing a diagnostic and kept my dog several hours in the office until he recovered sufficiently to be released safely. I was completely satisfied with the way this situation was handled.

Description of Work
The service included an office visit, fluid administration through an IV, complete blood count, chemistry profile and four hours of medical surveillance.