Neary Construction

Founded 1995 • With Angi since December 2011

Neary Construction is fully licensed and insured and has over 25 years of experience in the carpentry and building field and has been serving the Greater Boston area for over 15 years. Liam Neary, owner of Neary Construction, began his career building and remodeling Irish pubs across the United States from Boston to San Diego. He also did custom work such as furniture making and cabinetry. Neary Construction has expanded to home building, home additions, home renovations and all types of construction services for both residential and commercial project needs. Neary Construction provides you with quality craftsmanship and strong customer support. We work closely with you throughout the building process to ensure that the project is completed to your full satisfaction....Your vision is our vision. Owner operated. Uses subs for electrical, plumbing, plaster, etc. Cost is determined by the job. No travel chargesOwner operated. Uses subs for electrical, plumbing and plaster. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charge. Please email or call rather than message center. You can also visit us on Facebook, to view all of our latest and up-to-date projects, Liam Neary Construction Facebook...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+15 more images

woodworking (137)door installation (44)window replacement (22)home remodeling (19)decks & porches (16)handyman (14)electrician (12)siding companies (11)general contractors (11)plastering (10)interior painting (9)deck cleaning (9)

08/23/2021

Matthew P.

Liam is very professional and takes pride in his work. He was in constant communication with us in every step for the entire duration of the project. He and his team showed up on time every morning and clean up every afternoon. There was no interference with our daily routine. We are very happy with how the rooms came out. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Renovated a Basement and a Walk In Closet / Laundry Room

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

07/20/2021

Steven P.

Liam and team did an amazing job on our bathroom. Since it's our only one the timeline was critical and Liam was great in communicating progress and detailing next steps so we were always clear on when our project would be complete. If he said he was going to do something, he did it and that's a great quality. Lastly we couldn't be happier with the finish product....it looks great! Would highly recommend Neary Construction.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodeling

Category picture framing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/09/2021

03/10/2021

Daniel B.

Professional, punctual, and communicative.

Description of Work
General Contracting

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

07/01/2020

Cheryl W.

Excellent! Liam is a quality craftsman. If you want someone who is professional, polite, and has an eye for detail then hire him. Liam not only picked out a quality door, but hung it to perfection. From the start, he was in touch with me via text. He sent me a photo of the door before ordering. He said it would take about 10 days to come in. He contacted me when the door was in and set up a date for install. He arrived 15 minutes early! , but didn’t ring my doorbell till 7am. He built a new door casing and installed a beautiful oak sill. He installed the door and provided plastic on the outside to protect it from the coming rain. ( not all contractors would do that) He cleaned up after the job and sent me a text to let me know the job was done. ( I was working in my office in the house). Liam is an A+ contractor. He does everything right from start to finish. He is exceptional and has a fair price. I will definitely hire him again for any future house projects, and you should too!

Description of Work
Replace old 12 window pane door and sill with new 12 window pane door and oak sill

Category home builders, doors

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

11/08/2019

Eric S.

Liam was absolutely amazing. He responded quickly with an estimate and made my wife and I feel like we were in good hands. He came and did the work and as he went he took pictures to show us what he was dealing with and the finished work he produced. I would recommend Liam Neary Construction.

Description of Work
Replace rotted wood from water damage underneath window and check for mold.

Category picture framing, water damage restoration, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

10/17/2018

Matthew O.

Liam just did the most spectacular job installing built-in shelving, benches, cubbies, and hooks that turned a formerly useless room into a storage mecca! Liam was timely, responsive, professional, and his work is of stellar quality. I even had another contractor who I had in the home comment on how exceptionally well-built the shelving units are. I'd highly recommend Liam for any job you might be considering.

Description of Work
Full Pantry/Laundry Room/Mudroom Shelving

Category custom cabinets, contractors, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

05/30/2018

Matthew S.

Liam was a consummate professional. He always returned messages same day, showed up when he said he would (and texted or called if was going to be more than five minutes late!), and did a great job. I know I will hire him again and look forward to working with him and his team soon.

Description of Work
New Deck Install

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

05/25/2018

Derek G.

Awesome work. Liam is extremely talented and great to work with. I will certainly hire him for future projects

Description of Work
Finish carpentry (baseboard and window trim)

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

03/29/2018

James L.

We considered a few contractors before hiring Neary Construction. We are very glad we chose Neary! Liam and his crew did a great job. They are professionals, very responsive and very knowledgeable. They completed the work sooner than expected and at the price quoted.

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of siding, trim and doors on roof deck structure to make it water tight. Work included interior plaster repairs.

Category contractors, plastering, siding, water damage restoration, doors

Work Completed On 03/28/2018

03/08/2018

Raja H R B.

Liam was 10/10 to work with. He was punctual, honest, hardworking, easy to work with, and best of all, on schedule. Every day, he would message me when he arrived, text me when he was done, giving me his daily updates - I always had peace of mind that the work was progressing according to plan. He did the things he said he would do. He also takes ownership and responsibility for his work. For example, there was a small issue that surfaced a few months later and there was an easy fix and an expensive fix. He immediately offered to undertake the expensive fix if the easy fix did not work - at his cost and time. In short, I would highly recommend Liam Neary.

Description of Work
Various remodel work throughout the house.

Category electrician, handyman service, plastering, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

03/07/2018

Kathleen K.

Very well I just called Saturday afternoon and he came by noon Monday. Did a good job.

Description of Work
The siding on our house had separated and he attached it back.

Category siding

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

01/24/2018

Susan L.

Any construction can be stressful, but with Liam and his team I was in good hands. I had some upgrades to one bathroom and a tub to shower conversion in the master bathroom. Liam was clearly very knowledgeable, and his workmanship in both bathrooms was impeccable. He answered all my questions, had great suggestions and was very responsive whenever I needed to contact him. The demo in the master was completed in a day, and the guys cleared everything after they finished. The tile work was meticulous and just beautiful. I highly recommend Liam Neary Construction.

Description of Work
Some demo and upgrades to guest bath and tub to shower conversion in master bath.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, electrician, picture framing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

01/04/2018

Eileen S.

The most important part of a remodeling project is your contractor. It is the contractor that determines how smoothly the project goes and how pleased you will be when it is finished. Liam Neary is the contractor I would want to work with again. We actually enjoyed the remodeling process because of Liam. Liam was very attentive to all our concerns throughout the project. All work performed by Liam himself was exceptional. He is neat, prompt, and organized with a-plus communication. Liam is honest, congenial and eager to please. Subcontractor work occasionally did not rise up to Liam's standards. Whenever we pointed these minor details out, Liam always rectified the issues. We love our new kitchen!

Description of Work
Total kitchen remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plastering, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/09/2017

Review for Neary Construction - 531 Pleasant St, South Weymouth, MA - 36724460

11/14/2017

Mary T.

Liam and his workers did an excellent job--start to finish. I will hire him again in the future. There was not one issue or any complaint. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Liam Neary did a wonderful job on my living room wall project. He installed raised paneling, crown molding, and wrapped a support beam in the same way. As well, he created and finished a faux fireplace with a marble surround. The project was painted and I requested the painting be extended thru the main living areas.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

10/05/2017

Stephanie D.

Went ok, definitely not great. There were several areas that were poorly finished or incomplete. There were items installed incorrectly or installed without approval. The contractor often pushed back on homeowner requests. Currently the bathroom drywall is growing a fungus, toilet seat is falling off and unfinished areas remain. He says his work is guaranteed, but last time he was here to see the bubbling drywall fungus he told us to scrape it off and repaint it on our own.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel, new hardwood floor and doors.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, masonry, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed] I do not know what you are referring to, that was installed incorrectly? I went there every time that you had a?, and I still will go back if need be Your question to your toilet seat, The toilet seat could not be tightened underneath because of the way the nuts are located inside the casting of the toilet, both The plumber and I tightened it to the best of our ability Wall next to tub, I believe what is happening to that wall is what you made me do by removing the silicone on the outside of the shower door frame, as it sits on the tile, And I told this to Ted, last day that I was there, I told Ted to keep an eye on, and if gets, to let me know, and I would be more than happy to come back in and re-paint that wall wall, Also what did my team or push on you? So you need to get your facts straight We also wasted so many days waiting on you to get stuff delivered to your home, But we didn't see anything about that, as it cost us money, that's ok Thank you Liam

10/05/2017

Larry C.

The company was very professional and easy to work with, and completed the job on schedule. I am very pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
Neary Construction repaired a rotted sill at the front and side of our front steps, and re-shingled affected parts of the entry way.

Category contractors, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

09/22/2017

Katie R.

Liam and Kevin were incredible professional and finished the job in record time! We were on a very tight timeline and they made themselves available to start and finish the project before our store opened. They had great suggestions and knowledge on what we could and could not do with the space structurally, and we could not be happier with the end results from Neary Construction! I'd recommend Liam and his team for any size project, and will be using them for any other construction needs - they did an incredible job!

Description of Work
We hired Liam to build dressing rooms in a retail store on Newbury Street, as well as install shelving and racks for the clothes.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

09/11/2017

Julie P.

Liam was out of town when I contacted him, but he still responded to my questions immediately and provided great feedback. He is very knowledgeable about his craft and we will definitely consider him for future work.

Description of Work
I contacted Liam with questions and a request for quote on some deck maintenance/repair and wood repair in the attic and on the exterior of a house we were in the process of closing on.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking

08/02/2017

Michael G.

Contacted Liam after locating him on Angie’s list. He came over one night after work and had a quote to us within 2 days. After a postponement due to rain Liam and his assistant Kevin arrived at 7:00am and were done by 1:30pm (very quick). Clean-up was very thorough. BTW- Liam is one of the most pleasant guys to work with. Highly recommend his services. Scope of work Deck : Trim board : Remove wall trim board from around all four edges of the deck, and remove from site Supply and install new composite trim boards on edge deck on all four sides . Deck : Remove or cut two deck boards where deck has sunk, set aside Re-secure joists to beam and reinstall the decking to same location Attic stairs: Remove existing attic stairs and remove from site Supply and install similar attic stairs into existing opening and trim

Description of Work
Repair roof deck Attic Stairs replacement

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

08/02/2017

Michael G.

After we called him Liam came by one evening after work, looked at the scope of the job and had a quote to me within 2 days. We scheduled the work but had to postpone due to rain. Rescheduled and had the work done. - Removed rotted wall trim board from around all four edges of deck and removed from site. - Supplied and installed new composite trim boards on edge deck on all four sides. - Re-secured joists to beam and reinstalled the decking that had sunk because of rotten joists to same location. - Removed existing broken attic stairs and replaced with new stairs and trim. All done personally by Liam Neely and his assistant Kevin between the hours of 7:00am and 1:30pm (very quick). Clean up was thorough. BTW - Liam is one of the most pleasant guys that we've had come into this house to do work. Highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Repair work on roof deck Replacement of attic ladder

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

07/23/2017

James W.

We received approximately 5 quotes from various contractors. Liam wasn't the lowest but he also wasn't the highest. We ultimately went with him because of his responsiveness, professionalism and willingness in working through any questions we had on the process. There was no large up front deposit required and he was the one that physically did the work through the entire process. In the end we were so happy with our decision to go with him and the end product. It works fast and efficient while paying attention to all the small details of the work... every time we hit an odd issue that required a special solution Liam had an answer for it. It's so difficult finding a trustworthy contractor and Liam exceeded our expectation in the category as well as the end product. He's our go to person now for any future project we have without hesitation.

Description of Work
Complete rebuild of a front porch in composite materials, including footings and roof.

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

07/10/2017

mary D.

We will be calling him again shortly.

Description of Work
He put in 2 fire rated doors for me with customized glass in one of them.

Category doors

Work Completed On 10/02/2016

05/14/2017

william S.

Liam and his team are top notch professionals. He is very responsive, responsible and a great advisor. We asked for his advice on which projects we should tackle to ensure our house was ready for sale. He gave us straight, no nonsense advice on which projects he thought would bring the biggest bang for our budget. His advice was confirmed with our real estate agent when she took the listing from us. All work was high quality and done when he said it would be. Liam and his team are efficient, clean and professional and offered effective solutions and suggestions during all of the projects. If you need a professional, responsive, responsible, high quality contractor then Liam is your man!

Description of Work
We needed to have a series of small projects completed in our house as we are preparing to sell it. Included changing all smoke detectors/alarms, painting 4 rooms, exterior trim replacement, lighting fixture replacement, interior door replacement, mahogany farmers porch staining.

Category electrician, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors