Honda Village

With Angi since October 2002

4.2

371 Washington St

Newton, MA 02458

Addition phones - (888) 491-7651, (866) 668-4216, (888) 946-4607, (888) 354-0750, (877) 387-5372. Additional fax - (617) 630-3212. Additional DBA - Honda Village Used Cars, Honda Village Inc. Financing available. Additional Service dept. hours - Mon-Thu 7:00 AM-6:30 PM; Fri 7:00 AM-6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Parts dept. hours - Mon-Fri 7:00 AM-6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM-4:00 PM. Additional contact name - David Rodriguez....

08/14/2017

Frances H.

It is easy to get an appointment. The workers are fine. They have a good service rep. Overall, they do a good factory level preformed work.

Description of Work
I had the air conditioning repaired on the car.

08/05/2016

Kali S.

What I like there is that it's the closest one to me for Honda and you don't have to make an appointment. The bad thing is that they are extremely careless occasionally. Once in the past they forgot to put the screws in my wheel so I almost got killed, literally taking it out of service. After that I complained. I kind of like, I'm very concerned to get my car there, but unfortunately I recognize that it is pretty far away from me for Honda to get an authorized dealer and service. This time I took it out of service and I asked for a follow up check up and actually my battery ran out, like, a week after the service so they did not inform me that the battery was old. They are expensive.

Description of Work
I used Honda Village for auto service.

07/08/2016

HAROLD S.

I feel disadvantaged dealing with car dealerships like that. You're just not quite sure if you could trust them or whatever. I'm not crazy about them. Their pricing is high. They're expensive. We had a bad experience a couple of years ago, but other than that, it has been okay. When you're dealing with new cars, you have to deal with car dealerships. The workers are pleasant.

Description of Work
It was more than just an inspection.

Category auto repair, car inspections

07/08/2016

HAROLD S.

The price was probably high. They forgot to do the inspection. We drove the car for a full year without having it inspected, but the police didn't stop us. That wasn't very good. The goof up on the inspection was pretty major. They could have done better.

Description of Work
We purchased a new car from them.

Category car sales

03/26/2016

CHARLES B.

We use to use Honda Village. We were there last April 2015. I have the scheduled maintenance done their and then if there are any problems I go to a private garage where their considerably cheaper and they do just a good a job. Their prices are really high compared to private garages. They could work on the prices.

Description of Work
They do my scheduled maintenance.

11/20/2015

amy L.

I went there with my car on tow and they didnt even wanted to look at my car after I called them ahead of time. Not recommended

Description of Work
Poor customer service

11/13/2015

anne R.

The last service I had was free, under warranty. I think they are terrific and I will continue to use them. I have used them for years. I think they are fabulous. Their service is great, they are prompt and very flexible. Their price is competitive whether you are talking about tires or anything else. Great.

Description of Work
I use Village Honda in West Newton. I was last there for an oil change and checkup. It was just a regular checkup. They always check the brakes, the water and all that stuff.

06/27/2015

THOMAS L.

We go back from time to time for normal maintenance.

Description of Work
Auto Service. 40,000 mile service check.

03/28/2015

Nikiforos K.

The car has 175000 miles on it. They told me that the suspension was not functioning well. They were right because the car rides much much better since they did the change. I was not planning to do that. I just thought the car was working fine. I just wanted them to check it out anyway. So they went through the 100000 mile check up or something like that. They checked a whole bunch of things which is what I wanted actually to make sure that everything is okay. It's a lot of money but it feels good actually. The car is behaving very well. I just spoke to the person in the reception who apparently knew what he was talking about. I left the car there. They called me up and told me, "These are the things that are needed. Do you want us to go ahead or do you want us to do a routine service?" I said, "No. I want you to fix things." So they fixed them. They have a car service. So they dropped me back home after I dropped the car. So that was very nice. Everything was fine. I have no complaints at all.

Description of Work
I've used Honda Village for my car. During the last visit, there was something that they needed to do in the front and the back suspension.

02/03/2015

kathy S.

I go there every six months. They are great. We like them. They are very professional. They are honest. I don't think they try to fix things that not need to be fixed. They are very quick and very accommodating for ours to taken your car as well you can't get it that day trying to leave it overnight that kind of stuff. They will explain everything and they don't rush you out.

Description of Work
I used Honda Village for my standard car maintenance in September general mileage and check up thing and to be sure everything was okay.

01/11/2015

Joaquim B.

I do not trust this Honda service center for the following reasons: Brought my car in for an oil change. Service rep recommended oil should be changed every 7000 miles. The Honda suggested limit is 15,000 miles. Repair specialists on the web contend that modern cars DO NOT need oil to be changed more frequently than the manufacturers suggested schedule. As is usual for this place, they called later to suggest some additional work, in this case an ?engine flush? to clean the engine of residue that an oil change misses, and strongly suggested that our car would benefit. I gave them the go-ahead, after all they are the experts, right? While they were flushing away I discovered on the web that ?engine flushes? are a scam, and are not recommended as the procedure can actually harm the engine. Looking further I discovered that Honda itself will consider a car that has had an ?engine flush? to be out of warranty. Later when I confronted the service rep with this information he feigned ignorance. This dealership is classic in that its sole purpose is to dream up ways for you to spend more money than you need to, even if their suggestions are un-necessary, or even potentially harmful. Based on this, and previous encounters, I do not trust this establishment. Go elsewhere, or if you must, get a second opinion about any repairs they might suggest, or mechanical problems they might dream up.

Description of Work
Oil change

11/25/2014

Michael S.

They discovered that something wasn't working right and they fixed it free of charge, one of my seat belt wasn't plugging in correctly. I've been very happy with them. I've used them for at least 20 years.

Description of Work
I've used Honda to fix my car. I last went for a routine maintenance.

10/13/2013

Dong C.

I did the regular part of service at the village, then used another business for the tires. They did found problems. Finally, four tires were replaced, alignment redone, together with readjustment in brakes. It costed near $500.

Description of Work
Basically it was for the regular maintenance for my 2010 Honda CRV. I bought the car from the same place. They had been doing all service. This time they told me there were problems with some of the tires. But I need to replace all four tires for additional $600 or so. I can't believe this happening to a 3-year-old car with all services on track. What make me put my comments down is also about another earlier experience. That time the village workman did not fasten my front wheel correctly. It was even shakable with bare hands. .

09/30/2013

N R G.

Saw me at short notice. Provided courtesy lift home. Offered a courtesy car if I wanted it which I didn't.

Description of Work
Changed & aligned tires; changed oil; assessed issue with sliding door; sorted (at no extra charge) problem with gas cap latch.

09/13/2013

eric H.

it was a basic oil change, car was ready when it needed to be, they match coupons.

Description of Work
basic oil change

04/26/2013

Sara G.

They are good at fixing cars and their service is really good but not so much their customer service. I would definitely recommend them for fixing cars but not so much for sales. Their service is good and fast. I can get in and out very quickly. We were trying to buy a car over a holiday and getting the title was a little bit of a hassle. The service department has really friendly people. The pricing was reasonable for the car. I would give the service department an "A" and the sales department a "B".

Description of Work
We bought our car from Honda Village and use them for service.

02/08/2013

Lynn T.

I can get an appointment really fast and if they can’t do the repair right away, they have a shuttle service. They would give me a ride home and pick me up when they are done. They have a nice waiting room. They have wireless, a TV and coffee and play things for kids, so it is a nice little place. They are pretty good and pretty honest. The quality of work so far has been great. They are pretty good about being responsive.

Description of Work
I bought my Civic Hybrid from Honda Village and I use them for repairs and general services, like an oil change. I last had some repair work done and they had to replace some parts.

07/09/2012

STEVE & VIDYA K.

We have taken all of our Honda vehicles to Honda Village for service, inspections, maintenance, etc. for the past 10 years. They are the BEST. We appreciate their prompt service, reliability, professionalism, and responsiveness. They always do everything to the best of their ability and they are extremely pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend Honda Village.

Description of Work
Annual inspection, service

02/27/2012

solon Z.

I bought my car here and I am not very satisfied with their maintenance service. Their sales practices are questionable. In the end, I am sure I would have been better off taking my car elsewhere.

Description of Work
I took my car here to get the brakes repaired.

06/24/2011

Czigane H.

I loved the saleman. I don't know if he had any part in the excessive charges, changes in interest, attempt to refile already open loan documents, etc. Having said that, I would never go back there. Instead of being in love with my new car, my take home gift from Honda Village was to now believe all car salesman are thieves and not to be trusted. I will never trust ANY salesperson again.

Description of Work
I bought a car on 5/28/11. My best friend was there with me as witness. I told the salesman I did not want any service contracts or extended warranties. We went through each one individually. I did say that I would let them finance the car if they could beat the rate my own credit union was giving me. The financial person added $589 into the price of the car on the paperwork he sent to their bank. My sales slip said unit price 17615 and he put 18204 on the paperwork they sent to the bank. FIRST BAD THING. He also added in over 2700 of service contracts on the paperwork they were sending to their bank. Among other things, this means they double billed a $589 service contract because they put the price of the Tire contract under my vehicle price as well as adding it in as a service contract. When I noticed I called and he said he would cancel the service contracts. I signed that cancellation on 6/2/11. SECOND BAD THING. Then I was called to come back to sign more paperwork. This time they upped the interest rate and told me the bank had insisted they do it that way. I called the bank and they only had the original paperwork. They said they would never raise the interest and knew nothing about it. AND I noticed the price of the cancelled Tire service contract was still in under the vehicle price on Honda Village's paperwork. THIRD BAD THING. When I called, the manager became unavailable. THE BANK HAD TO FIX WHAT HONDA VILLAGE DID. This falls under the deceptive acts laws. In my opinion this dealership is a place to avoid at all costs. I have copies of all the paperwork to prove this happened. hONDA VILLAGE OVERCHARGED ME, HID CHARGES, AND FILED TWO SETS OF PAPERWORK. . Be very careful if you deal with them.

Category car sales

03/18/2011

Yiqi J.

this is an overview. Overall they have been the best in the industry. Once my car has a transmission failure and it had just passed the factory warranty, Calvin contacted Honda and got me a brand new one without any charges to me. They take care of their customers. There is no hassle at all. Tops, Five Star!!!

Description of Work
I have been servicing my Honda at Honda Village for years. They have already treated me with efficiency, courtesy and professionalism. Calvin Huang at their service department handles my car problems as if it were his own. He deals with my extended warranty company to get maximum benefits for me. They have never let me know. Thanks!!

04/12/2010

James L.

They are convenient because they are close to where we work. They have always been fair. They always give us a quote and they are less expensive then what we were originally quoted. Everybody has always been very pleasant. We will absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
We used Honda Village for auto service.

11/02/2009

David R.

They were friendly and responsive. They did a good job with updating me on the status of the project. They let me know what additional work they would and would not recommend. This was my first time using them.

Description of Work
They did a bunch of work because the car hadn't been used in a couple years.

07/29/2009

bernice K.

The service department is excellent. They are very fair. When they quote me a price they always come in at that price. They are always pleasant and available.

Description of Work
I take my vehicle to Honda Village for automotive servicing and repair. I have been taking my vehicle in to them for servicing for the past five years.

06/06/2009

Kathryn S.

Service was quick and completed well. Billing was a bit of an issue as we had to remind them more than once that certain services were covered under warranty that was already listed in their files.

Description of Work
Routine auto maintanence

Auto Service
    Auto Sales
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Detailing
    Auto Accessories
    Auto Tires

Automobile Sales, Service and Parts.