Namaste Massage

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2012

238 Bedford St Ste 5

Lexington, MA 02420

At Namasté Massage we understand the importance of the mind, body, spirit connection and view optimal health as the balance and integration of all three. With health and wholeness come feelings of inner strength and joy and a resilience that enables us to meet the demands of daily life. Some clients come for massage to ease physical pain, some to manage emotional stress and some to nurture themselves through a difficult, life-changing event. Whatever the reason, our goal at Namasté is to assist you with your own healing process, to restore balance and functionality and provide feelings of peace, safety and wholeness. Jess Watson is a solo practitioner and has been a Massage Therapist for 8+ years. She specializes in deep tissue massage but also does Hot Stone, relaxation and pregnancy massage. She works by appointment only. No walk-ins please....

06/17/2017

Linda O.

Jess was timely and so, so kind. The office environment gets you into the calming mood from the get-go. I was made to feel comfortable at all times. That hour flew by, and the place is within walking distance, I floated home. I plan on getting the deep tissue massage next time. I asked Jess how she does this so often when it's clear that it's hard work. She looked at me and with a huge smile on her face she said, "I love what I do!" It's clear that she does.

Description of Work
My shoulders were in a bit of pain after grading papers for a week. I had promised myself a massage when I was done, and I like to keep my promised. I chose a relaxation massage.

05/11/2017

Pamela M.

I discovered Lauren Weisman on the list of other providers on the Namaste Massage website. She is there one or two days a week. I picked a great massage therapist - she new how to find the tight places and open them up. She had techniques for better range of motion in the neck. All over, I felt my stress melting away and my overall general tension relieved. I'm used to a strong massage and expect it to hurt a little. That's the only way to relieve the tightness. She accomplished all that with a strong but gentle touch. She provided deep tissue massage with a quite comfortably strong level of intensity, particularly in needed areas around my shoulder blades, hips and glutes. I have sensitive skin and brought my own unscented jojoba massage oil, but she was willing to provide what I needed for future meetings. She played therapeutic music, meant for inducing relaxation, and the atmosphere of the office was comfortable and homey. My first session was 1 1/2 hours for $150. For later sessions, I plan on 1 hour.

Description of Work
Therapeutic massage for back and shoulder pain and tightness, and general relaxation.

10/07/2014

Margaret H.

I've been seeing Jess monthly for the past five years. She is attentive and listens to what I tell her. She is flexible and will concentrate on problem areas while still finishing a full massage. She can also tell through manipulation and feel what areas are problems that I didn't know about! Going deeper in these areas helps so much--and I hadn't realized they needed attention. Jess is professional. She's very calm and an excellent listener. I recommend her to everyone! A note for those who need instant gratification: Because she's so in demand, her schedule is fairly full. She has a great on-line booking system, and you should book 3-4 weeks in advance!

Description of Work
Like many, I have a very stressful job. I also have advanced arthritis in a couple of joints. These two things make my muscles very tight and tense, and it's hard for me to relax.

05/28/2014

Jennifer G.

Jess of Namaste Massage is phenomenal! I've been receiving massage therapy from Jess once a month for the past few years and quite simply I've never had a better or more consistent massage. Jess is incredibly popular because she is an expert in her field and like all all experts, she tends to book up quickly. Make your appointment a few weeks in advance and give yourself something to look forward to- you will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Therapeutic deep tissue massage

02/11/2014

Lorie M.

It was wonderful! This is a chronic problem for me, so I see Jess as often as possible. There's a reason she's been named Best of Boston! I always get the 90 minute massage and it seems like it is over in a flash. Jess is able to get into areas that are long-time stress points for me. She does great deep tissue work. My hardest to reach / help area is actually under my scapula, and she manages to get in there and work out the knots! I also had a hot stone massage from her this winter...i just felt like I was cold to my bones (this winter has been arctic). It was so comforting and relaxing. I'd never tried that before, and I'd highly recommend it for anyone who is sick of the cold! You get a massage and feel cozy and cared for. I started giving out gift certificates to my friends and co-workers to go get a massage from Jess. Every single one of them have told me she's the best massage therapist they've ever seen. And it's not just her amazing technique - she is welcoming, warm, respectful and professional. I can't say enough good things about her. There's a reason Jess has a wait list!!!

Description of Work
I work at a computer all day & have terrible "computer hunch". My neck/shoulders hurt so much they almost felt numb.

01/30/2014

Ericka G.

I wanted deep tissue massage and have some trigger points that bother me. Unfortunately, we were not on the same page and I came out feeling as if I still needed a massage. With that said, she is a lovely person, made me extremely comfortable, and her style of massage would be great for some people - just not for me.

Description of Work
Back tightness and trigger points needing release

03/19/2013

Donna D.

I have been going to Jess for many years and wouldn't consider anyone else! She is very good at what she does which is why she is often booked up. But she will often work with you to find space in her schedule, including letting you know if she has a cancellation.She has been very helpful in helping me identify problems that need more attention than just massage and is always ready with the name of a provider if needed or to refer me to my physician for follow up. I go for deep tissue massage or hot stone on a regular basis and the experience never fails to be just what I needed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Jess Watson to anyone!

Description of Work
Went for massage therapy session with Jess Watson. She listens attentively and is mindful of the clients concerns during the massage. She is an extremely skillful and compassionate massage therapist.

09/13/2012

joe G.

The therapist is wonderful. I would definitely recommend her to anybody who is looking for a massage therapist. I like the facility. She is very professional and I like her work.

Description of Work
I went to Namaste Massage for massage therapy.

06/15/2012

Bryan F.

My wife and I both have been going to Jess at Namaste for a while. She is fantastic. She's extremely skilled and really helps, but it goes beyond the physical help. She puts a lot of thought into your situation and condition, researches what she doesn't know, offers advice and resources (e.g. books, people, articles) and really works to do better for you overall. My wife has been ill for a while now, and it was actually Jess who listened to the symptoms and suggested what ended up being the final diagnosis despite many doctor visits and tests turning up nothing. The only issue is that a lot of people know she's good, so it can be tricky to get an appointment at times, but she's so accommodating and has a great online scheduling tool, so we've never ended up stuck. I'd rather have someone that is so good they're tough to see at times than someone who has all the openings in the world. That tends to be a good indicator of how likely they are to be able to help you.

Description of Work
My wife and I have been going to Namaste for a while now. I literally can't go anywhere else now. Jess is just fantastic.

03/27/2012

Beth P.

She is the best massage therapist I have ever had. She has a very holistic approach to overall health.

Description of Work
I go to Jess Watson at Namaste Massage for massage therapy. I was there two weeks ago.

Category massage therapy

Thank you so much [member name removed] for your review and rating. I appreciate your support and feedback. Regarding my availability, I am a solo Massage Therapist, available 5 days a week, 50 weeks of the year, doing 25-30 massages per week. I'm actually available more than most other MT's I know. Many of my clients choose to book appointments with me in advance, which tends to fill my schedule, making it difficult for other clients to make same day/same week appointments. I apologize for this inconvenience. For future reference, I have a waiting list that I call when I have last minute cancellations. I also encourage clients to call me directly if they are in need of treatment, but can't find a suitable opening on my website. I hope this is helpful for you. I take my practice seriously and value my clients. I would never want to give the impression of being unavailable to the community I serve. Namaste
    Massage Therapy
    Massage Therapy - Reflexology
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Deep tissue, hot stone, relaxation & pregnancy massage.

Non-therapeutic massage.