Center And Spring Acupuncture

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2012

398 Centre St

Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Maura Specializes in Womens Health physical and emotional and especially in the areas of cycle regularity, painful periods and menopause. She treats fertility and infertility issues, working with both men and women in this area. She is very effective in working with teenage girls adjusting to hormone changes during the high school years....

11/23/2021

Jim B.

Treatment was highly effective in mitigating my pain from an inguinal hernia surgery repair 2 years ago. Surprisingly it was way more effective than the pain block injections I have been getting at the Faulkner Pain Clinic.

Description of Work
Pain treatment

05/13/2018

marianne M.

Very well since the pain was reduced considerably.

Description of Work
Arthritis pain in toe and knee

09/24/2015

David C.

Maura is a wise, skilled and patient person. At the same time, it is apparent that she is no nonsense. All around excellent.

Description of Work
Plantar Facitis in right food. Maura took copious notes, gave useful, thoughtful advice and her acupuncture was really effective.

08/19/2012

Kristen L.

It's been great. Seeing Maura for a month now. She did a thorough interview when i started to discover what my issues were and how she could effectively treat them. I've felt great throughout the process. You can feel the needles a bit when they enter the skin, but after that, you forget they're there. I would highly recommend Maura if you're looking for acupuncture services.

Description of Work
My husband and I have been trying to conceive and I have PCOS.

Category acupuncture, fertility clinic

06/27/2012

Julie B.

You arrive in the waiting room with some chairs and a small table offering water. She has at least 3 treatment rooms, and she may be in with someone when you arrive, but sit tight- she'll be out soon! You do sometimes have to wait a few minutes, but I never minded as I know that means she is with someone and will also will give me her time and attention when she is with me. The rooms are all a bit different, but decorated simply and exude a calm presence. After talking for a bit to assess your health, you'll lay on a table and she begins the treatment. Then she leaves you with music and you lay in peace for a time. I always look forward to laying still with nothing to do but let the needles do their work. It's very meditative. She returns, removes the needles, and you're on your way!

Description of Work
I went to see Maura @ Centre and Spring Acupuncture for several different general symptoms, including menopausal hot flashes. My hot flashes were reduced dramatically after 2 treatments. I haven't gone in a while simply because I haven't been able to afford to keep up the treatments, but am looking forward to returning as soon as I can!

06/15/2012

Bill Z.

Maura has a very calming and nonjudgmental manner and I immediately felt comfortable telling her about my health history. I try to stay away from antibiotics and over the counter meds whenever possible, and she has given me some great natural remedies for things like colds and yeast infections. She definitely opened up some energy blockages, and I look forward to my hour of relaxation there once a month. I'm sure that one of the reasons my pregnancy has gone so well has been the monthly "tune-ups" she gives me.

Description of Work
I moved to Boston in August. I had been seeing an acupuncturist in California who was great at treating illnesses and aches and pains, but I also went to her for general maintenance. I wanted to continue acupuncture, and people in JP had great things to say about Maura Twomey. I made my first appointment at the end of August, and I have been seeing her monthly ever since. I learned I was pregnant in January, and I credit the acupuncture with helping me feel great throughout my pregnancy. (posted by Bill's wife Kasey)

Alternative Med. - Acupuncture