EXCEPTIONAL AUTO BODY

Founded 1993 • With Angi since September 2007

88 BLANDIN AVENUE

Framingham, MA 01702

Exceptional Auto is your one-stop auto shop!...

06/17/2016

Chad F.

Wonderful experience. We were initially concerned as we had no experience with this company and didn't live in Framingham. However, we were referred by our insurance company (USAA). The experience from start to finish was wonderful. It began with a conversation with Donna by phone and she personally checked us in and kept us up to date. The work was completed in a timely fashion and perfectly, with a letter from the owner at the end, commenting on their guarantee and taking pride in their work. We will certainly be back for any auto body needs we need.

Description of Work
Repaired bumper from collision

05/28/2016

Dorothy K.

Rob was very responsive and found a used door for us within a couple of days. He installed the door and repainted it to match and then painted the adjoining sections so that it would all blend. The car looks as good as new and we were very grateful for the terrific service.

Description of Work
Replaced a passenger side rear door. The window was smashed and the door bent beyond fixing so it had to be replaced. This is a 8 year old car. The car couldn't be driven until it was fixed as there was no window and the car couldn't locked.

05/08/2014

Lin and Rich O.

It went very well. They did was they said they would do. The repair was excellent. I could have wished a shorter time in getting my car back.

Description of Work
They accessed and repaired of a rear ending of our Corillo.

09/09/2013

Jason T.

My wife went here several times for oil changes due to the convenience and comfortable waiting area. On her last visit, her vehicle required a new emergecy brake cable, which Exceptional provided. The problem was that it was so tight that my wife (nor I) could really pull it up comfortably (I'm 6'3 and am not a weak person). Not a problem so far, but my wife took it back complaining of how tight it was. The man behind the counter and mechanic first laughed at her for not being able to lift it, but then tested it and denied it was an issue. I then took the car in complaining of the issue (ignoring the unprofessionalism since the issue was unresolved). They again denied the brake had any issue and could not be made looser. For reference, the OEM part was normal resistance and functioned fine. We ended up just forgetting about it because my wife virtually never uses her e-brake, but this place acted extremely unprofessionally. As a result, neither of us will ever go to Exceptional Auto Body again.

Description of Work
Inspected vehicle, replaced emergency brake cable

Category auto repair

08/23/2013

Lisa A.

The car looks great. My only issue was that it took 3 weeks to get it done. That seems like a long time. There was some damage to the engine that had to be repaired and they said they were waiting on some parts. Otherwise I am very happy with the repair. The vehicle looks like new.

Description of Work
My insurance company recommended this company after I was in an accident. They had to repair the front driver's side corner, including the hood, quarter panel, and light.

Category auto body repair,auto repair

04/30/2011

JEFF M.

Read the reviews on Angies list so I thought I'd bring my Jeep in to get an estimate on some work I need done. Called to find out if I could bring the car in. Was told no problem. Drove down there about 2:30 on a Friday afternoon and the body shop was closed. It was the Friday before Easter and the woman at the desk said they left early that day because of the holiday. OKay..I can understand that. Wish she would have mentioned that when I called. Couple weeks later I try again. Drive down on a Friday afternoon about the same time and when I get there, guess what. Yep...body shop is closed. Girl at the desk tells me, "Oh..sometimes when it's nice out the guys leave early on Fridays" That's it for me. Tried them twice. I hate it when I try to give someone my money and they make it difficult for me. Wont go back there again.

Description of Work
none

08/21/2010

BARBARA M.

Superior service in every way. I got their name from a list of preferred shops provided by my insurance company. I called them on a Thursday, brought the car in on the following Monday, told them I really needed it by Friday and it was ready then, even though the damage was more extensive than originally thought and additional parts/repairs were needed. The owner talks to customers directly and everyone in the shop seems well informed about the status of a repair.

Description of Work
Repaired auto body damage caused by collision

05/28/2008

Michael R.

My insurance company recommended Exceptional for auto body repairs following two recent accidents. They were actually more helpful than my insurer and my agent, and I was happy to be dealing with the company. Both repairs were done swiftly, and I received frequent updates on the status of both vehicles. I would definitely recommend Exceptional, and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
The folks at Exceptional repaired two of my vehicles after collisions. One vehicle required extensive front-end work, which was completed to my complete satisfaction. The other vehicle was a simple rear-ending and was done swiftly and efficiently.

04/10/2008

Ann S.

I called them and they said to bring it in whenever we wanted. We brought it in on a Monday, they called for parts and said they would have the parts Wednesday. We also signed the insurance check over and they said they would take care of the rest. The car was done Friday, they called when it was done. They were courteous and professional; the waiting area was very clean. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
My daughter had been in a "fender bender" that was not her fault (her rear bumper needed to be replaced); our insurance company recommended Exceptional Auto.

09/07/2007

Cara L.

Fairly straightforward repair job. Very pleasant and helpful employees. I do wish someone had contacted me to tell me that the initial repair estimate needed to be adjusted, and the work would therefore take longer to complete; but perhaps that was the insurance company's responsibility (I don't know). They made up for any shortcomings when, after picking the car up on a sweltering, late Friday afternoon, I discovered that the air conditioning was not working and called them back. They told me to bring it right back in and recharged it while we waited. I really appreciated that, otherwise I would probably have had to bring it back for servicing the next week--and would have had to endure the grousing from hot, crabby kids in the meantime.

Description of Work
Repaired front end collision damage to Honda minivan; negotiated with insurance company to cover additional damage not specified on original adjuster's report. Car looked very good inside and out, washed, vacumed, and cleaner than it's been in years. I can't address the issue of cost as the work was covered by insurance with no out-of-pocket cost to me.

Glenville Terrace Auto Body

Glenville Terrace Auto Body is the third shop opened in a family owned and operated business. The Hynes family has been building trust in its' car repair services and adding locations to better serve its new and many return customers. Barry Hynes brings this experience and excellent reputation to the Glenville Terrace location. Everyone at Glenville Terrace Auto Body takes pride in its' reputation for excellent and honest service. Stop by our shop or call to let us know how we can help you.

Michael J Hynes Auto Repair

Hynes Auto Repair was founded in 1959 by Michael J. Hynes Sr. We service the Boston, Brookline, Chestnut Hill areas. We are a direct referral shop for all major insurance companies. Now a third generation family business, we continue to provide outstanding customer service emphasizing excellence in auto body work. Our certified technicians and office personnel are second to none with a policy to treat each vehicle as if it were our own. Complete auto body, collision and painting services. We pride ourselves in personalized service.

Auto Body Work
    Auto Service
    Auto Detailing
    ASK FOR DETAILS

ALL TYPES OF AUTO REPAIRS, WITH A CONCENTRATION ON AUTO BODY/COLLISION REPAIR. GENERAL MECHANICAL REPAIR & AUTO DETAILING OFFERED AS WELL.