Augustine's Home Improvement

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2015

Small owner operated home improvement company. No job is too big or too small.

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

4.2

4.1

4.3

4.4

4.3

woodworking (31)home remodeling (7)window replacement (7)general contractors (7)siding companies (6)decks & porches (6)deck cleaning (3)garage building (2)electrician (2)basement remodeling (1)plumbers (1)handyman (10)

11/07/2022

Margaret D.

i booked a project with this company and paid for everything, told me that they bought kitchen parts he said he had them but did not deliver them, everyday i asked him to be delivered but he never showed up. all i need is my kitchen parts so i can just get somebody to finish the job but this service professional was unable to give it to me. this is about 7 months ago and i don't know why i haven't receive them.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

08/09/2021

Jennifer J.

The service was very good. They were very easy to reach and get a hold of him when I need him.

Description of Work
Replace windows, replace toilets, and painted the interior.

Category replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

11/17/2018

Karen K.

Called the number for the business and and very quickly set a time for coming to my house and and inspecting the work to be done. Estimate was received in just a couple of days. Work completed within one week. Clean-up was excellent. I have never had work completed in such a short time period.

Description of Work
replaced skirting around front porch

Category contractors, decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]. I appreciate your review.

11/02/2018

Susan O.

I could not be more pleased. Augustine responded immediately to my request and delivered what he promised at a fair price. I am appreciative and will hire again. What I needed was not exactly what he does but he was willing to help. I am pleased with his work and work ethic.

Description of Work
Moving outdoor furniture and and turning off outside water.

Category woodworking, property management

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]. I really appreciate your review.

10/11/2018

Lisa G.

Augustine was a pleasure to work with, punctual, very fairly priced and the quality was superb. I first hired him to replace an old storm door and the trim. He put in an Andersen storm door with the screen built in. I love it, no more changing the screen and the glass. The Azek trim really made the whole area look great. It's also much more energy efficient. I then decided to have him do some major chimney work. It's not an old chimney, but it's been leaking into the hearth, the crown was falling off in pieces and the cap needed to be replaced. In looking at the job, Augustine also said that the flue was completely deteriorating. The mason used porous bricks and too much sand in the concrete. That was why bricks were falling off. One of the first quotes I got was $35,000!! I was shocked. Augustine put on a new cap, crown, and put in new flue liners for a MUCH more reasonable price. He basically rebuilt the chimney. I now have no more water, drafts or bricks falling off. I now need all new windows. I had Augustine lift and replace a bad window to see how that went. It came out great. He removed all of the rot while replacing it and put on new Azek trim. It looks wonderful and there's no longer a draft. I will be ordering the rest of the windows for the house for Augustine to install in the spring. He was a very lucky find for me and I would highly recommend him to any friend or family member in need of work.

Description of Work
New storm door, old trim replaced, major chimney repair and new window.

Category contractors, masonry, replacement windows, chimney repair, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/11/2018

JAMES P.

This guy was so good that I am having him manage my Cape vacation house property since I live in NJ. I have found him to be super smart, honest, reliable, conciensious, he has great crews, and he's a truly nice person. His pricing is reasonable (for the Cape), and his workmanship is first class. What more can I say?

Description of Work
Extensive landscaping, desiring a porch, wood working, electrical, and consulting on my property needs.

Category contractors, decks, electrician, handyman service, landscaping, woodworking, property management, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

10/03/2018

Ted P.

Augustine was very responsive and sought out the correct solution for the job. Other contractors that I contacted were not as precise in their solution. He hired an appropriate sub-contractor to do the needed metal work and the chimney cap was fixed within a couple of weeks of first talking to Augustine.

Description of Work
Fix leaking 'All-Vent' cap on top of a false chimney.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

Review for Augustine's Home Improvement - BOX 1167, E. Sandwich, MA - 37445586

Thank you for your review Mr. [Member Name Removed]. It's greatly appreciated.

07/14/2018

Paul D.

He never even gave me an estimate!!! So nothing was paid.

Description of Work
Gutter work and storm window work

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/14/2018

When I went to Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s home on schedule, he discussed some old windows off a neighbor's home who had replaced them because they needed new windows. Mr. [Member Name Removed] wanted me to put the old, used windows on his home. I respectfully told him that we can not do that in good faith and guarantee the work. We do NOT do sub par work. He then wanted me to clean his gutters and then put the old gutter guards that had fallen out back in. First of all, we don't clean gutters. Secondly, it goes back to not putting in old material that already failed once. This is just not how we run our business.

05/30/2018

Lee P.

it took a while and i paid alot of money and some of the things that i was promised were not done, some things were done without my permission, yet i was charged. i hired him originally for one or two repairs and ended up contracting for more. but i repeatedly came home to see things had been done that i did not agree to or requested NOT be done. i paid because the subcontractor did work that i was afraid he would not be paid for. when i reread the contract it was written unclearly and i trusted him that i was going to get what i agreed to...but in the contract i had signed it was different. for example we talked about my broken gutter and verbally he agreed that it would be replaced. the price for the gutter was included but the contract said "repair" so he said that he had not agreed to replace it. so he gave me credit for $25 because i wasn't willing to have him plug up the holes.

Description of Work
house repair

Category contractors, decks, gutter repair, handyman service, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

To whom it may concern, there was no sub contractor employed by me on this job, my employee Richard is such a nice person that after raising and levelling the front porch that was leaning said that it would be nice to put the remaining stones to raise the level rather than leave like it was, that we use the stones already had to create a walkway to the porch just so that she did not have to walk in the mud to enter your home just being a nice guy, as a consumer do the math, we removed 5 squares of shingles re insulate and replace with new shingles remove the trim around 4 windows seal and re-trim with azek remove two sets of gable end trim and replace with azek remove 4 corner trim and replace with azek shingle the gable on the front porch and angle the gutter to flow in the right direction and dig out and stone a 4x10 walkway with 2 yards of stone, she only paid $7,000,00 do the math who is being deceitful here.

02/26/2018

Francesca M.

Augustine and his crew provided exceptional, quality work for a number of different projects, as we have begun a comprehensive "make over" of our family home. Their work focused on exterior projects, including removing and replacing the back deck, with a brand new handcrafted deck, using high quality lumber, crafted to be a natural fit with the house and with the natural landscaping. The work also included a complete removal and replacement of the exterior cedar shingles, which had not been replaced since the house was built more than 40 years ago; during the course of their work, the crew identified multiple places where a combination of either termite damage, woodpeckers or other wood rot had damaged the wood beneath the shingles; after consultation and recommendation we decided on additional rot-remediation strategies, including some small 'rebuilding' projects at specific sections. In addition, all of the windows were replaced, and the back slider door (onto the deck) was also replaced. The additional focus was to upgrade the energy efficiency of the house as a whole - the choices of materials, the incorporation of new insulation (which had not been installed when the house was first built, as its initial intended use was for summertime purposes only) and the detailed efforts to restore the integrity of the exterior, have all added up to a house that looks and 'feels' like brand new. The sum total of this work is a house that has been modernized and updated in a way that will last another 40 years! Needless to say we are so thrilled with the results of this work. And I can't say enough about the professionalism and responsiveness of this team, and Augustine's attention to the details of this work, but also his efforts to understand our needs (and financial limitations) and yet to help identify ways to both address our situation but also capitalize on opportunities to repair or restore the house in ways to meet our goals.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of exterior cedar shingles; new windows; replacement of deck (new), repair/replace rotted wood when found

Category decks, insulation, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

Review for Augustine's Home Improvement - BOX 1167, E. Sandwich, MA - 36863022

02/25/2018

robert M.

Work went very well. Augustine was timely & professional. Would recommend to others, Will hire again.

Description of Work
home repairs, consulting for future work

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking

07/23/2017

Connie M.

This is the second time I hired Augustine and his team to replace windows on my home as I felt they did a decent job the first time. It took them over four months from signing the contract to even start the work in the late fall. The cost of completing the job was double of what was agreed upon and quoted. The work took a week to complete compared to the two days they quoted, which was an inconvenience as I needed to juggle my work schedule around their availability. Six months post completion in the spring, I noticed the caulking outside was cracking and separating from the window. I called Augustine and he said he would fix the issue. When he didn't show up, I tried reaching him again with no reply. I called and texted Augustine for months with no response from him. I ended up calling the sub-contractors whom he hired to do the work and they agreed to repair. When I noticed the same issue with the windows they installed the previous year, they told me that it was not covered under warranty and that you need to re-caulk annually. Nothing was said about the cheap caulk they used to seal the windows. Long story short, I thought Augustine was a nice guy and held true to his word, learned that he underquotes his projects to get business, often doesn't show up when he says he will, does not follow-up or respond when you try to reach him, and certainly doesn't honor the warranty he offers. I ended up hiring another contractor to finish the job and she said they didn't even caulk around the complete window. I would NOT hire Augustine or his sub-contractors again. I would NOT recommend them to family or friends. Hire someone more reputable, preferably a larger professional company, get references, and read all reviews on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Reconstruction Windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/06/2016

06/26/2017

William B.

Well, for the most part. Augustine is a good man.

Description of Work
Mostly shingling.

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

06/24/2017

Linda R.

Power washed deck and resealed deck. Good job. Took longer as rain was every week. My deck is larger than the price quoted, but the extra cost was worth it.

Description of Work
power wash deck and reseal.

Category deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/24/2017

05/02/2017

bill M.

It went ok. There was a slight improvement to the problem. There was a strip that did not solve the problem that was there, but that was not his problem. He did what he was hired to do.

Description of Work
He put new weather stripping around the front door.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

03/06/2017

melanie C.

It did not go as expected but turned out fine. Augustine is enthusiastic for work and provided high quality craftsmanship.

Description of Work
stoop repair

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

Review for Augustine's Home Improvement - BOX 1167, E. Sandwich, MA - 34573397

10/11/2016

William B.

He did a neat job. We're getting him back again for another job.

Description of Work
This was for a Big Deal purchase $99 for 3 Hours of General Carpentry Work

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

09/01/2016

Karen M.

They were very clean and conscientious and treated the job professionally. They were very helpful. I would give them an A all the way through, we have really been lucky. I would use them again and I have referred them to other people.

Description of Work
They worked on the house. They are carpenters. They did some work for us.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

08/11/2016

Linda M.

He arrived like he said he would and within a span of 4 hours it was done and both things look beautiful.

Description of Work
This visit he replaced the rotten trim on the East side of my home with a pvc product that will never rot and also replaced a kichen cabinet that no contractor would touch because of my marble counter top.

Category remodeling, siding, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

03/18/2016

Tammy G.

Crew was on time and in and out in two days. They left the place clean and tidy. Crew was a bit chatty which may have extended the time a bit, but overall I feel the value was fair.

Description of Work
patched and painted 3 offices a reception area and hall

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/25/2016

03/15/2016

Jeanne R.

He and his crew were prompt and ready to work the first day, and every day after that (weather permitting). He and his crew were always polite and courteous. They even took off their boots when entering the house. They asked if they could plug in a cord, wash their hands, and always cleaned up after themselves etc. These young men were very respectful of me and my home. Mr. Lett came to the job site everyday, but left his crew to do the job. I have no complaints whatsoever of their work. They did far and above what they were paid to do. Because there was more work than the 4 hours for $149.00, Mr. Lett agreed to refund me the $149.00, which is super of him. I would/will hire him and his crew for any repairs to me home in the future. And I will say that he will do a great job for you.

Description of Work
He and his crew replaced windows and reshingled 2 sides of my house.

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/16/2016

02/06/2016

Joan S.

Augustine amd Mat were professional, respective and their workmanship was flawless.they even came back two months later to install parts of the cabinetry that had not been shipped earlier. I would recommend Augustine to anyone. He is honest and competent.

Description of Work
Replace outside window frames. Installed kitchen cabinet and roll out shelving.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2015