Roffi salon and day spa

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2011

134 newbury street

Boston, MA 02116

Boston's curly hair experts, Roffi will teach each client how to style and care for thier curls. We love doing make-overs, we will design a hair style based on your features,hairtype and lifestyle...

10/17/2014

Deborah C.

Description of Work
Katy colored my hair and cut it. Did an excellent job, as always. |I've been going to Roffi Salon for many years and I'm always satisfied with the services provided. Salon staff are always cordial and make sure customers are comfortable. I've never had to wait, they are always on time. |Katy is a fabulous hair stylist. She always starts off with a onsultation about the current state of my hair and offers suggestions. When I retired from work in Boston I tried several salons in Lexington and could not find any that did as wonderful work as Katy, so I make the trip to Boston. It's more expensive but well worth it. |Tatiana does a great job with manicures and pedicures. I've also had my make-up done for special occaisions and I've been very pleased, the make-up looked very natural. My only problem is that Katy is well-known and popular that it's difficult to get appointments.

05/17/2013

Karthik R.

Brenda was my stylist. and it was good. They were prompt in setting me up for an appointment, and Brenda was ready for me when I got there. I didnt expect the treatment portion to take so long, I was not prepared to wait that long, and I couldnt get up to get my phone or a magazine, so that was not a nice experience, but the haircut felt good, although long at almost 1.5 hours, it looked good. The haircut itself looked good only because of the styling afterwards. I wasn't sure if she understood what I was envisioning for myself, it looked very different and ordinary the next day. The good thing is that they do free bang trimmings, and she even said to come back so she could correct my hair cut, but I made peace with it as I want to grow it out now, I had more than 6 inches cut off. and dint want more to get chopped. Overall, it was a good experience.

Description of Work
I bought a google offer for a Glaze treatment (Rene Futerer) cut, blow dry and styling.

01/29/2011

Ross F.

The staff at the front desk are helpful and know you by name after a couple of visits. They always offer you some tea or coffee and really go out of their way to pamper you. The price is very reasonable for the level of service.

Description of Work
Haircut -- Toby is fabulous. I have tried to get my hair cut elsewhere and the quality just doesn't add up. Waxing -- Eljinor is wonderful. She makes you feel very comfortable and does a great job.

Category hair salon, hair removal

10/03/2008

Ross F.

I have also had a manicure at Roffi's and was pleased with this service as well. They have complete spa services available.

Description of Work
I see Toby at Roffi's and love his work. He helps this busy mom feel glamorous. I get many complements on his cuts.

10/28/2006

CARIN A.

Michael Roffi recently opened Roffi Salon, bringing with him many of the stylists, colorists, and other staff from M Salon on Clarendon St. (recently closed.) New salon is stylish (e.g. displaying art from a local gallery) and comfortable (the robes are the most comfortable I've experienced in a salon--sounds trivial, but it adds a nice bit of comfort to the cutting experience.) It was a little loud, with music and lots of talk, but perhaps the second floor where masssage and skin services are offered is more quiet. Michael has an established clientele;he has a deserved reputation as a top stylist, and provides good conversation while he cuts, or none at all, if you prefer. He is trying to orchestrate business for the salon, as a result, he suggested to me that I get the style and make-up. Of course, it was fully my decision to go through with them, but I'm not sure I like this new "soft sell" element to my hair cuts. The work from the assistant was very good.

Description of Work
Hair cut (from Michael Roffi), blow dry and styling (by an assistant), make-up application (by same assistant, who has worked as a make-up artist.)

Hair Salons/Barbers
    Hair Removal
    Skin & Body Care - Day Spa Services
    Manicures/Nails

Women's haircuts, Men's haircuts, One process Color, Foils, Blowouts, Keratin Treatments, Up-do's, Extensions, Facials, Photo Rejuvenation, Microdermabrasion, Glycolic, Waxing, Make-up, Manicure, Pedicure

Massage