Moodz Spa and Salon

With Angi since January 2012

4.3

556 Massachusetts Ave

Acton, MA 01720

Additional email - moodzspa@aol.com. Additional address - 19 Pelham Island Rd, Wayland, MA 01778....

03/08/2016

Leah S.

She was late getting started, got it done very quickly, but no protective eyewear was provided.

Description of Work
We came in for laser hair removal, and this was only the provider I've ever used that does not use protective goggles. I questioned her and she said that she and client just need to close their eyes. I won't use for laser again.

Category hair removal, day spa

03/08/2016

Leah S.

07/04/2014

Susan J.

Ellen started by asking how I was, and what my problem areas were. She focused on them, gradually working the knots out. The room had a comfortable ambiance, with quiet mood music. It was a very hot day yet the room was comfortably cool.

Description of Work
I went in for a massage. I was greeted promptly, and waited a few moments for Ellen the massage therapist to be ready (I arrived early) my 50 minute massage was actually closer to 60 minutes and was amazing. Ellen got all the knots out of my shoulders without being too rough.

Category massage therapy, day spa

06/23/2014

Teresa L.

The beautician did a beautiful job. The only drawback was that I found the service to be disproportionately expensive. Still, for a special occasion or a treat, I would go back and would recommend their Spa to others.

Description of Work
This appointment was for a pedicure. It was beautifully done and I was pleased the end result.

06/14/2014

Fiona F.

Not bad - of course I needed an appointment that day, so didn't have much choice as to stylist. This was on a Sunday (which is why I went there). Found it quite expensive. Once again, didn't see any stylists with short hair and that worries me - means that they don't like short hair, don't do many short cuts themselves . So many stylists are stuck in the 90's and give what I call "old lady" cuts - no style, too short layers on top, silly looking points are side. This was just an OK experience - would love a stylist to suggest things, not wait for me to spoon feed them.

Description of Work
Needed haircut

02/05/2013

Kathleen S.

I have been going to Moodz for years. The nail technicians all do an excellent job and are very professional and pleasant. I have my hair cut, colored and styled by Amber, who does a great job. I book appointments with her weeks in advance so I don't have to see anyone else, although I hear the other stylists all have bands of fans as well!

Description of Work
I went in for a manicure and pedicure.

Category nail salons, hair salon

08/03/2012

CECILIA W.

I had not used this spa before, and selected it after reading reviews on Angie's list. As I expected a day spa, I was surprised when I entered, as the first floor is a salon, with several stations, people working, clients, and all of the usual noise. I was directed to sit on a couch in an open waiting area. After a few minutes, I was taken upstairs. This floor does have the quiet, relaxing spa feeling, and there are several massage rooms and a room for mani/pedis. I was very satisfied with the work that was done, my nails looked great, and I had a quiet time. I was encouraged to stay as long as I wanted while waiting for the polish to harden.

Description of Work
I was looking for a day spa for a relaxing manicure and pedicure, prior to a big event.

06/22/2012

Heather S.

Easy to schedule an appointment; called to schedule an appointment as I had requested multiple spa treatments. Kim was punctual and friendly. When I met with her for my facial she took a few minutes to talk about any skin issues, made recommendations on ways to address them. She was also good in explaining each step of the process. I was very happy with the end result, a little redness with the pore extraction but overall my complexion looked clearer.

Description of Work
Went for the botanical facial with Kim

02/03/2012

Susan M. W.

I recently used them to go to the day spa. I got an hour long massage. It was very relaxing and I came out of the spa feeling like new. I have also gone there for their facials: I love their facials. I will use them again because they are just fantastic.

Description of Work
Moodz Spa & Salon is a wonderful little day spa and hair salon.

Category massage therapy, day spa

Skin & Body Care - Day Spa Services
    Massage Therapy
    Hair Removal
    Hair Salons/Barbers
    Manicures/Nails

Hair cutting, coloring & straightening, massage, body treatments, nails, pedicures, makeup, bridal, water therapies & hair removal.