ACTON ANIMAL HOSPITAL

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2001

Veterinarians
Voice Mail

Our goal is to provide the highest quality medical, surgical, and dental care for cats, dogs and other small animals in a pleasant environment. We provide In-house laboratory work, radiology, dental with high-speed drill and polish, cardiac/blood pressure monitor, along with vaccine and other medical services. We also provide emergency care....

05/19/2015

We would recommend them. I've been using them since 2010. They are conveniently located. They are nice. Their office staff is very helpful as well as the veterinarians. It's pretty easy to get an appointment.

Description of Work
We use Acton Animal Hospital.

08/09/2012

They are really the only one in the area for animal cremation. I loved them. They were very kind. They were absolutely sensitive to my needs. They have a separate room for it. They give you all the time that you need. Even the vet cried, God bless her. They are pricey but they are a 24 hour vet and your going to pay for that.

Description of Work
I have used them for animal cremation services. I have had two animals put down there.

11/17/2011

Advice can be conflicting with 3 vets involved. Not all are there at the same time and different vet did the surgery than our usual dr. Not a lot of intercommunication. Mostly surrounding amount of activity allowed. Learned about post surgery needs AFTER the surgery at pick up time (e.g. that I should have bought a gate to confine cat etc.) Found out Angie's List coupon not applicable to the surgery cost. Otherwise, surgery was successful and Drs. were pleasant. Waits can be long.

Description of Work
Surgery to remove cyst.

04/28/2011

very courteous, professional and kind. handled the cat with care and compassion, but also was thorough with exam.

Description of Work
Examined one of our cats for an injured leg

Category veterinarian,voice mail

04/19/2011

This is by far the best veternarian service. Both doctors are amazing with the animal. We have had all three of our dogs taken care of here. Two of them grew into their old age here! One lived to be 17 years old - due to the amazing care and service plus our love! and the other dog lived to be 15 [even when we were told by another vet that he would only love to be around 5 due to an unfortunate Advil incident]. Our jack russell is only 3 now but he is a fiesty little man and Dr. Johnson is amazing with him and understanding of his temperment and ours as well. Would recommend them to everyone! for any type of animal!

Description of Work
We have been patients here for over 10 years now and take our dogs for their annual check-ups and any other incidents that require a vet visit!

04/11/2011

They are really good and they've been our vet for a couple of years,. All the doctors there are really good. They are really good with all the animals and they are really good at answering all the questions. They are a really good vet service and I would recommend them. It is really clean and they keep the rooms really clean. The technicians are really good. We have all good things to say about them.

Description of Work
We use Acton Animal Hospital for our vet. We were last there for a regular routine checkup and shots for a dog.

03/29/2011

gave dog wrong injection which sent dog into respiratory distress, I noticed dog's distress before vet, dog needed oxygen and a trip to animal hospital. Later when time to put dog to sleep gave painful injection and dog did not die, had to take dog to another vet.

Description of Work
care for dog with congestive heart failure

Category veterinarian

We have reviewed the medical record for this pet. The pet had been in congestive heart failure for many months. This disease is progressive in nature and did continue to progress even with aggressive medical treatment. The pet presented in crisis at one visit and was transferred to a referral hospital for services that are not available at our facility such as oxygen cage and 24 hour emergency care. Later, when owner elected euthanasia due to pet's further decline, it was performed humanely and kindly to completion at our hospital. The pet was taken home for burial. Again we offer our condolences for the loss of this pet.

01/27/2011

From annual check ups to treating major illness, these vets and technicians are the best I have encountered in the area.

Description of Work
Acton Animal Hospital has been taking care of my cat for 4 years. They are professional, compassionate, friendly and particularly good with my cranky cat!

10/06/2009

Dr. Cloherty was the veterinarian I saw and I liked her because she seemed very knowledgeable, thorough and friendly. She did not rush us in and out and I also felt quite comfortable with the staff.

Description of Work
I use Action Animal Hospital. The last time I used them was 2 weeks ago to have a cyst drained for one of my animals.

10/22/2008

Dr. Karen Geissert is our main vet and she's terrific. My cats seem to trust her right away, and I always appreciate her advice. She also does a great job of showing me what she can, explaining things she can't show and making me feel informed but never patronized. Every once in a while I've felt a little rushed out of the office, but not in an overwhelming way and only when it was clearly a crazy day. We've also seen Dr. Johnston, the other main vet, a couple times, and she seems just as smart and kind. Both have given us good advice for both preventative and emergency care -- including sending us elsewhere rather than doing work that they could do but not as well as a specialist. The office staff is just plain terrific. They even will see me come in the door and automatically go get my prescription cat food before I have to ask -- and then ask after my kids if they're not with me. The only bad experience I have had was with a relief vet for an emergency appointment, who was somewhat accusatory about the chaos in the house (after a new baby) affecting my cat's stress level. But that was definitely an exception to the rule. Stick with the usual vets, and you'll be happy!

Description of Work
Care for 4+ years for two (mostly healthy) cats.

Category veterinarian

animal hospital, overnight boarding and hospitalization for patients; pet food, radiology, surgery, ultrasound, vaccinations, dentistry, medical diagnostics

bird veterinary services