The Eye Care Institute

Eye Care - Optometry
Eye Care - LASIK
Eye Care - Pediatric Optometry
Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair

Now offering telemedince visits for many eye conditions. Call us at 502-589-1500 to schedule your telemedicine visit with one of our physicians. We are eye physicians and surgeons in Louisville, Kentucky. In practice since 1984, we have performed over 10,000 laser vision correction procedures and over 125,000 cataract extractions and other surgical procedures. Our eye doctors have a combined experience level exceeding 120 years, including over 80 combined years of eye surgery experience. We offer all eye services including LASIK, PanOptix and ReSTOR lenses for distance and near vision and many other vision correction options. We offer laser surgery for medical eye conditions as well as care and surgery for all eye diseases including cataract, glaucoma, diabetic eye disease and macular degeneration. We offer routine and family eye exams and contact lens exams. Our optical shop features the latest in designer eyewear, and you can order your contact lenses from us in person, by phone or online....

10/28/2020

Fantastic service provider! Safe, thorough, clean, professional staff, efficient! I felt valued as a client and appreciated the time taken to explain various tests that were done. I highly recommend ECI to anyone looking for expert eye care. Dr. Huseman was my OD for this appointment...with a bit of luck, she will be who I see next year. The most amazing part of my appointment was selecting my new...

Description of Work
Eye exam and new glasses

Category ophthalmology,optometrist

Wow, thank you so much for your outstanding review. We really appreciate and this will pass along to everyone, but especially Georgia and Dr Huseman

07/10/2020

It went great!! Georgia Brown was excellent, in telling me about purchasing eyewear from you all. Staff was very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Eye exams for me and my son

Category ophthalmology,optometrist,pediatric optometrist

Thanks so much! We’ll let Georgia know!

05/22/2018

I have been with this practice for several years and have seen five of the doctors. I had some eye problems over the weekend recently, and the doctor on call spoke to me twice and offered to come into the office if I needed to be seen. They took me in as an emergency patient on Monday. I am very pleased with the office.

Description of Work
eye exam and assessment of eye injury

Category ophthalmology,optometrist

Thanks for your review. We are always on call for our patients!

03/22/2018

I had a refraction but my main concern was whether I had cataract and that concern was basically ignored. I made an appointment to see an ophthalmologist but I had to see an optometrist instead and she was young, new, and lack any sort of beside manner. I am sure she will learn but she was far too negative.

Description of Work
Needed to have eyes examined

Category ophthalmology,optometrist,pediatric optometrist

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate the opportunity to learn from patients so we can improve /s/ Mark M Prussian

08/23/2017

It went very well, this is where I will be coming for any eye issues from now on. The staff is just awesome very friendly, clean and overall a great place.

Description of Work
I went for a second opinion, that I received about my eyes. I felt very comfortable with my M.D. I trust his opinion and have another appointment with him. He is trying to help me with my issue without having surgery. I left feeling very hopeful.

Category ophthalmology

LASIK, Panoptix and ReSTOR lenses for distance and near vision, laser surgery, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, macular degeneration, corneal transplants, routine and family eye exams, contact lens exams, glasses. Located in Louisville, KY. We wrote the book on LASIK. Ask for your free copy of One Eye or Two? Insider Secrets to Help You Choose the Right LASIK Surgeon.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available