Senior Home Transitions

Founded 2011 • With Angi since September 2014

331 Townepark Cir

Louisville, KY 40243

Free personal guidance service for families looking for any form of independent living, assisted living, memory care including Alzheimer's and Dementia care or skilled nursing care. I personally meet with the family and go over finances, VA Benefits that may be available and get to know the senior who is moving and help navigate which communities fit into the budget as well as which fit their personality best. I take them on tours and make sure all questions are answered and even negotiate discounts on rates. Having been through this with my own father, I am very empathetic to how hard the decision can be and want to be sure we get it right and the senior(s) moving are very happy with their choice....

10/13/2016

Sarah J.

Amazing. My parents both have dementia, but neither could see that they weren't safe at home. Patti was not only knowledgeable about dementia but was instrumental in structuring a plan to get my parents to go into memory care willingly. My siblings and I had been fighting a battle with them and didn't understand that our approach was actually working against us. I had actually talked with another placement service, but they were only interested in sending us to facilities they recommended and I was bombarded with sales calls. Patti actually met with us several times, met with my parents, toured with us, negotiated rates for us and then even lent us furniture so the move would be seamless and not disturbing to my parents. She worked with us providing several resources for selling furniture, selling the house (within 30 days!) and getting VA benefits to help pay for the care they are receiving., and never charged us a penny. Patti is much more than a placement service, she is an absolute Angel! I'd give her 10 stars if I could.

Description of Work
Convincing my parents they needed care and placement for my parents into memory care.

Category assisted living

04/14/2015

Pamela D.

Patti was recommended by Adult Protective Services for assistance in placing my sister in an environment where she could remain as independent as possible but be given assistance when she needed it. Patti recommended an assisted living facility in the state of IN, where the state helps pay for this type of facility through a Medicaid Waiver program. In the state that my sister resided, KY, the state does not assist with this level of care. Patti set up all appointments and met us at the facility to ensure we were taken care of by the marketing staff. We had many ups and downs due to my sister's health and Patti was available to help guide when we believed she would need a higher level of care, sklilled nursing. The down side to transitioning from KY to IN is the assisted living facilites request private pay for the first year, and then apply for the Medicaid Waiver. I am delighted that Melissa was able to reside int he assisted living facility that Patti led us to and is thriving and happy. I have recommended Patti and what she offers to many others and felt she was part of a little divine intervention!

Description of Work
My physically disabled sister was displaced due to a fire and needed assistance with transitioning from an independent apartment to an appropriate level of care that she could afford.

Category assisted living,nursing homes

11/07/2014

Michael H.

Patti, the owner of Senior Home Transitions, helped me make a transition for my mom. She helped allay her fears and worked with her on a personal level that made my mom comfortable with the process. She took the time to get to know my mom's physical, financial as well as emotional needs so that she could find a place where she was well cared for as well as have friends who she could enjoy! Her assistance made my mom happier, as well as took a burden off of my shoulders since I didn't really know where to start. She saved us time and energy. Her knowledge of the retirement communities in the area were invaluable.

Category assisted living,nursing homes

04/17/2014

John P.

It's really unique because what Ms. Nacer does is to help people who have parents or relatives that need to go from the home into some kind of care facility. She has navigated that for so many times and she knows what government agency helps. She knows what a lot of individual of caregivers provides and you don't pay for it. The caregivers apparently pay her and she has an arrangement with it. It's incredibly useful and she herself is unique. There are so many different types of options out there now and you need somebody who can help you navigate the maze and she's much counted. She can help people understand the best level of care for someone who are getting ready to leave home. Not only in the level of care, but also in terms of affordability. She can help you navigate to a lot of medical care. In terms of choosing a consumer, she's free so there's a lot of people there provide a level of health on a free basis. I have a friend and there's no charge to them because she has some kind of a fee arrangement like nursing homes and care facilities and if she brings somebody to them, I guess they pay her some kind of a fee. It's a great service

Description of Work
I used the life coach service of Senior Home Transitions.

Category life coaching services

Longterm Care - Assisted Living
    Longterm Care - Nursing Homes
    Life Coaches
    Home Healthcare - In-home Services
    Satisfaction

Don't call a 1-800 number....Call (502) 396-9228 - the personal cell number for free, local assistance from Patti Naiser. Patti is the most referred to source by hospitals, social workers and other geriatric professionals in the Louisville area. Her expertise in all areas related to financing options and the ins and outs of every community is second to none. Her personal investment and passion for helping families comes from dealing with her own parents who suffered from dementia.