CHENOWETH ANIMAL HOSPITAL

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2008

3624 FRANKFORT AVE

Louisville, KY 40207

Full service animal hospital with three veterinarians - Dr. Ann Nevils, Dr. Michelle Mattingly, Dr. Banks Douglass...

12/12/2016

Janet G.

We just moved to Louisville and feel so lucky to have found them. Wonderful caring vets. When our dog's foot broke, we saw them every week and we were impressed by the entire office. They are expensive but really not more than other vets.

Description of Work
General vet services for our Havanese. Also, his foot broke and they took care of that.

10/11/2015

Julia R.

Saw on same day basis ; followed up three times at no additional cost. Ann Nevil DVM started this practice over 20 years ago. She has built it up to the point that she has 2-3 additional vets whom she hand picked. They also provide outstanding services. Ann LOVES animals and treats them like her children!

Description of Work
Treated serious eye infection of my cat giving oral antiobiotic, a shot with antibiotics, and eye drops without cost. Saw on a same day we called.

04/30/2015

Suzanne T.

I've been using them for about twenty years. She's really good about returning phone calls. I just having my dog teeth cleaned and she picked up and had lymphoma and discovered before the dog really had symptoms. They got the dog nearly on the occasion and she lived about two more years; she's about 12 yrs. old. The staff is really compassionate. They have a room with pillows to be with your dog; they'll put a line in so you can spend time with your dog so it's really calming.

Description of Work
My dog needed surgery.

03/11/2014

Ronald T.

Dr. Ann Nevils is an outstanding veterinary physician. Her examination of Tigger was thoroughly and unhurried. She took the time to discuss his health problems and the "preventive maintenance" that is necessary for a middle aged cat. Also, her staff was extremely friendly both with me and in the way they handled Tigger. All in all, it couldn't have been a better experience.

Description of Work
Veterinary care for pet cat; administered innoculation

10/01/2013

FAITH B.

All of my interactions with this vet have left me with a good feeling. They got me in late on a Friday when I called late Thursday with a sick dog, even though we had never been there. The vet was attentive and followed up by phone afterward to check on my dog. When I needed heartworm medication for my dogs but did not have records from my old vet in another state, they scheduled a quick tech visit to get the tests done. The techs and front office staff are extremely professional and friendly. They also recommended a very good boarding kennel for my dogs. I found this vet using Angie's List, by the way.

Description of Work
They have seen one dog for a sick visit, done heartworm tests on both dogs, and recommended a boarding kennel.

07/22/2013

Amanda P.

they got me and immediately and took several steps to make sure that his paw was okay.

Description of Work
Cared for my dogs paw who had been injured. He also received medications for his paw.

11/19/2012

Sara L.

I took my adult dog to see Dr. Nevils and was very pleased with she and her staff. They were very caring and went above and beyond what other vets offer. My dog was very nervous and they were very gentle and sweet with him, and gave him tons of treats to cheer him up! Dr. Nevils advised me of some health issues yorkies can run into that I had not known about. She thoroughly checked him and even offered to clean up his eyes and clip his nails at no additional charge (most vets charge approximately $10 to clip nails). The first exam went extremely well. A couple months later, my dog got a sore that turned into ann infection on his face and felt it needed professional treatment so I took him back to Dr. Nevil's office. This time we did see a different doctor and she was very helpful, as well. The cleaned up the wound area and gave us a prescription to heal him. They also gave us a and quot;boo boo balloonand quot; for him to wear around his neck for a few days to keep him from scratching the area. We did not have to pay for this item; they offered for us to use and return it once we were finished. I truly feel like this office is not after the dollar and wants to help the animals as much as possible. I would highly recommend Chenoweth Animal Hospital!

Description of Work
My yorkie visited Dr. Nevils and her staff for his annual exam.

07/24/2012

Patricia E.

We have two dogs. On dog has a health issue and another one was a rescue dog that's elderly. They not even listen but always available. If the dog gets sick suddenly I can get in to see them immediately. They call me to check on the job and they were very on point. Everyone in the office knows us well and all the clients well. They know each dog individually. They get expert care.

Description of Work
I viisted Chenoweth Animal Hospital to do a lot of lab test.

07/02/2012

christopher W.

I have been taking my pets to Chenoweth Animal Hospital since 1999 and can't imagine going anywhere else! The entire staff is kind, pet-friendly and VERY knowledgable. They take time on the phone when I need help or have questions. I never have to wait more than a few minutes for scheduled appointments which means they don't and quot;overbookand quot; like many other vets in this area. They have treated my pets for emergencies with the same amount of professionalism as they handle routine exams. One of my pets was diagnosed with bladder cancer a few years ago and the doctors went beyond my expectations to research options and therapies while also answering all of my crazy questions about unorthodox therapies. They even went as far as to reach out to universities around the country to find some cutting edge medicines that might help prolong my pets life. At one point, they helped me cut holes in diapers for my female dogs tail when she experienced incontinence due to chemotherapy. The initial diagnosis only gave my dog about 9 months to live but with the help and care of Chenoweth Animal Hospital, she lasted comfortably for 5 more years. Another pet was diagnosed with diabetes and has received fantastic care. Just as importantly, I received the training needed to understand when he might be in trouble and how to respond. A perfect example of how they provide well rounded services for pets and their owners. With my 8 pets (all rescues), I spend a lot more time than most at the animal hospital. I recommend Chenoweth Animal Hospital to friends and family with 100% confidence that they will do whatever is possible to help you and your pets.

Description of Work
Pet exams, surgeries, inoculations, testing, preventative treatments and medications.

03/13/2012

Margaret O.

The doctor is very thorough and very competent and is very caring with the animals. She also has a very good manor with her customers.

Description of Work
They did several xrays and dispensed some medicine for my pet.

Veterinarians
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

PREVENTATIVE HEALTH CARE & VACCINATIONS, DIAGNOSTIC & LABORATORY SERVICES, EKG, DENTAL CLEANING & POLISHING, RADIOLOGY, ULTRASOUND, LASERY SURGERY, THERAPY LASER, NEUTERS, DECLAWS & SPAY, NON-ROUTINE SURGERIES, ALLERGY TESTING, HOMEAGAIN MICROCHIPS, NUTRITIONAL COUNSELING, BEHAVIORAL COUNSELING, PRESCRIPTION DIETS, JEFFERSON COUNTY RABIES LICENSES, HOSPITALIZATION & MEDICAL BOARDING.