K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R.

Founded 1983 • With Angi since October 2008

4740 El Monte St

Mission, KS 66205

This practice specializes in pain treatment, not pain management. Our emphasis is on treatment of the most difficult pain problems that have not responded to other methods in those who have failed or want avoid surgery or repeated steroid injection

04/22/2013

Cathy R.

Prior to seeing Dr. Reeves, I'd had several surgeries that left me with more pins, fusions and plates than I honestly care to think about. On my first visit I told him my goal was to stand on my own, walk without aid, and to once again be able to hug my husband. I couldn't envision myself being physically able to ever do that again. I've come a long way. Doctor has changed up my prolotherapy treatments, using different solutions, strengths, injection methods, treatment patterns, and new ideas to attack the sources of my pain and to allow healing to happen. On many more than a dozen occasions, I have emailed him with questions or to ask advice, and received his replies within a day. Throughout my LONG history of seeking any doctor (in any sort of practice) to help me, Dr. Reeves was the first one to actually lay his hands on me to attempt to FIND my pain sources, LISTEN to me (because I KNOW my body and KNOW how I am feeling), and CARE that I get better and make progress. He is the first medical professional who has offered to pray with me. I trust him implicitly. I did stand and I did hug my husband. I now walk without aid. I drive again; I tie my own shoes. I WORK...at a busy school! I walked down the aisle when my son was married last summer. Do I still have pain? Yes. Is it intractable? NO. I still have tough days, but I can also say that some are pain free. There is no one-stop-shop cure-all for my body, but I am grateful every day for this man's caring, compassion, ABILITY, and desire to help his patients. Prolotherapy patients must have open minds, a true desire to get BETTER, and patience for healing. Learn to trust and have faith that you and doctor will 'figure out your body' and find a treatment regimen. I am a tough case, but doctor has never given up. We continue to work together to find what works best for me.

Description of Work
A patient of Dr. Reeves for nearly two years now, I first came to him with pain so horrible that I was living in a wheelchair. Additionally, I'd worn a stabilization belt around my hips and around the clock for the previous 13 months. My pain was so raw and intractable that I couldn't turn over in bed, walk properly, or sit for more than an hour or so at a time due to my severe joint hypermobility.

03/11/2013

Joan D.

My husband and I have had probably 25 treatments. We keep going back because Dr. Reeves relieves the pain and sometimes toatally erases the pain. He gives a sedative pill about 20 minutes before the treatment which has been adequate during the treatment. He uses needles for injection of the liquid. He is very careful as he injects. The treatment takes about an hour depending upon how much the patient wants treated. When he has finished I can get up and am ready to make the 200 mile trip home after a bite to eat. For anyone having pain I would strongly recommend Dr. Reeves. He is constantly researching different procediures and treatments to use while at home.

Description of Work
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Reeves for about three years two or three times a year. My husband Larry had post polio muscle problems. His muscles tighten up which exhaust him. He doesn't suffer as much pain as he does extremely tight muscles all over his body--legs, back, and especially shoulders. Dr. Reeves treatment relieves the tightness for a period of time. Each time he is treated the stiff muscles become more relaxed. He has treated his knees and the pain has been totally taken care of. I have been treated for shoulder, neck pain, and lower back pain. My shoulder pain which was not severe has been totally healed with Dr. Reeves' treatment. My lower back pain is virtually gone. I am 77 years old and work very hard in my 12 summer gardens. Without Dr Reeves treatments I would not be able to keep working as I do.

03/04/2013

David R.

I probably have a genetic disposition for migraines since my mother suffered from them for about thirty years. She was miraculously healed from them when she reached the age of 60.

Description of Work
I went to see Dr. Reeves because I was suffering from Chronic Migraines (more than 15 migraines per month), and I was treated by him for about 5 years. Each appointment lasted around 90 minutes, with a two month interval between treatments. Dr. Reeves is one of the most compassionate and caring doctors that you will ever meet in your life. If you are looking for a physician who will treat you like a sardine on a production line in a canning factory, then you come to the wrong place. He pays the utmost attention to your problem(s),

01/31/2013

David B.

Dr Reeves is amazing. My wife was referred to him for knee pain by a sports physical therapist in early 2009. Because the first visit was so successful in helping her pain and she was unsure of how to explain prolotherapy, she asked me to attend her second visit to learn more about it. During the course of the thorough explanation, I asked if he could help with TMJ Headaches. Best question I have ever asked. I used to get severe headaches from the tension in the temples from clenching during the night that would last entire days at least 3 times per week. Now I NEVER get TMJ headaches. They were gone from the very 1st visit. I have reduced other drugs I took to alleviate the tension. I have worn an appliance while sleeping for 35 years but all it did was keep me from grinding the rest of my teeth away. Nothing helped the headaches until Dr Reeves. He has also treated my shoulders and back with much success. My son suffers from PTSD which exaggerates his TMJ (inherited I am sure) has visited Dr Reeves twice with outstanding results as well. He also had an ankle problem which he says it is a miracle how good it feels after the two visits. Dr Reeves prices his services reasonably, and although not cheap, he never and quot;hooks” you into multiple sessions. After the first two visits he leaves it up to you with the suggestion to re-evaluate before 6 month pre-scheduled appointment and he even suggests that you cancel if everything is going well. I would refer anyone with any kind of pain to Dr Reeves except my atheist mother-in-law who would not get past the opening prayer (no pressure on this either).

Description of Work
Dr Reeves is Amazing for TMJ Pain, Joint Pain, and Back Pain

07/07/2012

Guy A.

This was truly a last resort (as my wife had decided to give up on ever being free of pain in this life) she had treatments from Dr. Reeves and within 3 months began to have such relief that she was able to not only walk but began walking 2 miles a day. After 3 years of declining treatments she has experienced tremendous relief. The pain from TMJ has been relieved to the point that she is able now to do things she had long since lost hope in doing.(She had been unable to fly without severe nerve related headaches for 30 years, but this year flew to visit family without any discomfort!) After 30 years of physical therapy, chiropractic treatment, osteophathic manipulation, surgery, pain management, bio-feedback, Margaret has a new life. We only wish that we had tried Dr. Reeves 20 years ago. In addition to her treatment, I have also received treatment. Following an accident to both hands and wrists I prepared for double hand surgery (recovery time is said to be up to 6 months per hand). The damage to the basal joint under the thumb kept me in constant severe pain that only heath or cold could relieve. Dr. Reeves treatment of prolotherapy has brought significant relief, to the degree that even though I have severe osteo-arthritis, I do not think I will need surgery. I have nearly full use of my hands again! Dr. Reeves provides the highest level of relief to nerve pain we have found in our search across the US in 30 years! He is truly a God-send to us and helped send an answer to prayer.

Description of Work
My wife, Margaret, had suffered 30 years with severe degenerative spine condition and nerve pain. She had a fusion surgery to stabilize her low back in 2008 and within weeks had suffered an additional ruptured disc due to weakened ligaments. She had lost most of the discs in her neck and damage to 3-4 low back discs and severe deterioration. Following surgery she became bedfast and in severe pain and morphine did not relieve the pain. Having tried another prolotherapist we were a bit skeptical about any more treatment. However, Dr. Reeves personally counseled my wife via phone (we live in Oklahoma) and followed up with daily emails. Finally she agreed to make the trip (very uncomfortable). Within a short time we knew that we had found hope. Dr. Reeves full exam was the most thorough she had ever received. Rather than rush to judgement, he determines exactly the source of each nerve pain and every damaged ligament. The first treatment was extensive with injections from the top of the head, jaw and on down the spine, including deep injections to each major back, neck, and hip joint. Recovery from the treatment took no more than one day and she began to feel some relief very quickly. Follow-up treatments were based on the level of her recovery. Dr. Reeves' concern and commitment to the patient was the most comprehensive personal touch she had ever experienced.

02/02/2012

Forrest C.

He is really great. He is great for people with fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis, joint inflammation and so forth. Dr. Reeves is just amazing. I had fibromyalgia five years ago, and I could hardly walk. I went to him and he gave me these shots. He practices alternative medicine. Now I'm fine and I can do everything like hiking and running among other things. It's hard to see him these days because so many people go to him. I can't tell you how wonderful he is. I have already got another appointment.

Description of Work
We go to Dr. Reeves for rehabilitation and physical therapy. My husband last went to him when he had a problem with his foot.

02/28/2011

Forrest C.

Dr Reeves saved my life. I have been seeing him for 5 years. I do not have any more symptoms. I am migraine headache free. He is a physician and medical researcher for chronic sprain/strain and arthritis pain research. He is a Prolotherapy doctor. His treatment is great and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Dr Reeves is my physician for physical medicine & rehabilitation. He treated me for fibromyalgia.

08/12/2009

Forrest C.

Dr. Reevs is amazing. He offers a service called prolo therapy, thorough that therapy he has made me a new woman. I have no more symptoms of fibramyalgia or arthritis.

Description of Work
My husband and I see Dr. K. Dean Reeves for physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Reeves helps to treat us for fibromyalgia and arthritis.

Pain Management
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Routine pain medications. Our emphasis is treatment and elimination of pain rather than trying to cover it up. Steroid injections: These are done rarely since elimination of the pain source, by repairing local damage and calming nerves, has been more effective than repeated steroid injection.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R.

How is K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. overall rated?

K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. open?

K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. is open:

What payment options does K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. provide

K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. offer a senior discount?

No, K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. does not offer a senior discount.

What services does K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. offer?

K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. offers the following services: Injection methods to directly repair damage to ligament, tendon and cartilage and to calm overactive pain producing nerves. Evaluation is comprehensive and considers need for other treatments as well.

Are there any services K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R. does not offer?