K. Dean Reeves, M.D., F.A.A.P.M.& R.

Founded 1983 • With Angi since October 2008

Pain Management

This practice specializes in pain treatment, not pain management. Our emphasis is on treatment of the most difficult pain problems that have not responded to other methods in those who have failed or want avoid surgery or repeated steroid injection...

04/22/2013

Prior to seeing Dr. Reeves, I'd had several surgeries that left me with more pins, fusions and plates than I honestly care to think about. On my first visit I told him my goal was to stand on my own, walk without aid, and to once again be able to hug my husband. I couldn't envision myself being physically able to ever do that again. I've come a long way. Doctor has changed up my prolotherapy treat...

Description of Work
A patient of Dr. Reeves for nearly two years now, I first came to him with pain so horrible that I was living in a wheelchair. Additionally, I'd worn a stabilization belt around my hips and around the clock for the previous 13 months. My pain was so raw and intractable that I couldn't turn over in bed, walk properly, or sit for more than an hour or so at a time due to my severe joint hypermobility.

03/11/2013

My husband and I have had probably 25 treatments. We keep going back because Dr. Reeves relieves the pain and sometimes toatally erases the pain. He gives a sedative pill about 20 minutes before the treatment which has been adequate during the treatment. He uses needles for injection of the liquid. He is very careful as he injects. The treatment takes about an hour depending upon how much the pati...

Description of Work
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Reeves for about three years two or three times a year. My husband Larry had post polio muscle problems. His muscles tighten up which exhaust him. He doesn't suffer as much pain as he does extremely tight muscles all over his body--legs, back, and especially shoulders. Dr. Reeves treatment relieves the tightness for a period of time. Each time he is treated the stiff muscles become more relaxed. He has treated his knees and the pain has been totally taken care of. I have been treated for shoulder, neck pain, and lower back pain. My shoulder pain which was not severe has been totally healed with Dr. Reeves' treatment. My lower back pain is virtually gone. I am 77 years old and work very hard in my 12 summer gardens. Without Dr Reeves treatments I would not be able to keep working as I do.

03/04/2013

I probably have a genetic disposition for migraines since my mother suffered from them for about thirty years. She was miraculously healed from them when she reached the age of 60.

Description of Work
I went to see Dr. Reeves because I was suffering from Chronic Migraines (more than 15 migraines per month), and I was treated by him for about 5 years. Each appointment lasted around 90 minutes, with a two month interval between treatments. Dr. Reeves is one of the most compassionate and caring doctors that you will ever meet in your life. If you are looking for a physician who will treat you like a sardine on a production line in a canning factory, then you come to the wrong place. He pays the utmost attention to your problem(s),

01/31/2013

Dr Reeves is amazing. My wife was referred to him for knee pain by a sports physical therapist in early 2009. Because the first visit was so successful in helping her pain and she was unsure of how to explain prolotherapy, she asked me to attend her second visit to learn more about it. During the course of the thorough explanation, I asked if he could help with TMJ Headaches. Best question I have ...

Description of Work
Dr Reeves is Amazing for TMJ Pain, Joint Pain, and Back Pain

07/07/2012

This was truly a last resort (as my wife had decided to give up on ever being free of pain in this life) she had treatments from Dr. Reeves and within 3 months began to have such relief that she was able to not only walk but began walking 2 miles a day. After 3 years of declining treatments she has experienced tremendous relief. The pain from TMJ has been relieved to the point that she is able now...

Description of Work
My wife, Margaret, had suffered 30 years with severe degenerative spine condition and nerve pain. She had a fusion surgery to stabilize her low back in 2008 and within weeks had suffered an additional ruptured disc due to weakened ligaments. She had lost most of the discs in her neck and damage to 3-4 low back discs and severe deterioration. Following surgery she became bedfast and in severe pain and morphine did not relieve the pain. Having tried another prolotherapist we were a bit skeptical about any more treatment. However, Dr. Reeves personally counseled my wife via phone (we live in Oklahoma) and followed up with daily emails. Finally she agreed to make the trip (very uncomfortable). Within a short time we knew that we had found hope. Dr. Reeves full exam was the most thorough she had ever received. Rather than rush to judgement, he determines exactly the source of each nerve pain and every damaged ligament. The first treatment was extensive with injections from the top of the head, jaw and on down the spine, including deep injections to each major back, neck, and hip joint. Recovery from the treatment took no more than one day and she began to feel some relief very quickly. Follow-up treatments were based on the level of her recovery. Dr. Reeves' concern and commitment to the patient was the most comprehensive personal touch she had ever experienced.

02/02/2012

He is really great. He is great for people with fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis, joint inflammation and so forth. Dr. Reeves is just amazing. I had fibromyalgia five years ago, and I could hardly walk. I went to him and he gave me these shots. He practices alternative medicine. Now I'm fine and I can do everything like hiking and running among other things. It's hard to see him these days because so many people go to him. I can't tell you how wonderful he is. I have already got another appointment.

Description of Work
We go to Dr. Reeves for rehabilitation and physical therapy. My husband last went to him when he had a problem with his foot.

02/28/2011

Dr Reeves saved my life. I have been seeing him for 5 years. I do not have any more symptoms. I am migraine headache free. He is a physician and medical researcher for chronic sprain/strain and arthritis pain research. He is a Prolotherapy doctor. His treatment is great and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Dr Reeves is my physician for physical medicine & rehabilitation. He treated me for fibromyalgia.

08/12/2009

Dr. Reevs is amazing. He offers a service called prolo therapy, thorough that therapy he has made me a new woman. I have no more symptoms of fibramyalgia or arthritis.

Description of Work
My husband and I see Dr. K. Dean Reeves for physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Reeves helps to treat us for fibromyalgia and arthritis.

Category pain management treatment

Injection methods to directly repair damage to ligament, tendon and cartilage and to calm overactive pain producing nerves. Evaluation is comprehensive and considers need for other treatments as well.

Routine pain medications. Our emphasis is treatment and elimination of pain rather than trying to cover it up. Steroid injections: These are done rarely since elimination of the pain source, by repairing local damage and calming nerves, has been more effective than repeated steroid injection.

Check, Visa, MasterCard