Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Kansas City, KS
There are 3 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 3 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Kansas City
- LOWE'SPrice - The completed price was much less than we anticipated when we started this project. Due to a Levelor quantity discount (10+ blinds) and also a military discount, the price was a very pleasant surprise. Product Quality - Some of the smaller blinds (Levelor) had two-part wands for rotating the slats. All blinds that had these two-part wands (8) were bent when snapped together. this appears to be a manufacturing issue caused by the plastic coupling piece they use. Sooooooo.... please be aware of this manufacturing defect on some of the smaller Levelor blinds. This only affects those blinds which are two-parts that snap together. This is not an issue with larger blinds that use a one piece wand. When we first went to Lowe's, we were fortunate to run across Jason Sloan, in the window coverings department. He appeared to be very knowledgeable. He took the necessary time to answer all questions and appeared to be quite honest in his discussions with my wife and I. We both felt so much impressed with Jason that we decided we would interface only with Jason for the remainder of this project. Before the project was completed, I had made several more trips to see Jason with further questions and requests. In all, I was amazed at how much time Jason was willing to take with us and am quite sure he was very glad when the project was finally completed. For sure, Jason walked the extra mile with us. Their subcontractor (Rick's Blinds) doing the measurements and installations did a good job. The initial measurements appointment was scheduled and completed with all expectations being met. However, after the blinds had been cut to the required dimensions and picked up, I was told the installer would contact me in the next two days to schedule the installation. After the two days + a weekend, I still had not heard from the installer. After a followup call to Robert Ruby (Lowe's Installed Sales Mgr.), I was called the same morning and the work was scheduled to start within an hour. The installation went very well. Jesse, the installer did a good job. Robert did an outstanding job for us. After my call to him regarding the bent wands issue, he came to my home to take pictures and begin working on an acceptable solution for my wife and I. His first suggestion was to remove the bottom half of the wand and use only the upper half. I was OK with that suggestion as I am 6' 1" tall, but my much shorter wife could not reach two of the blinds due to objects between her and the wand. I advised Robert of this. I proposed that those two-part crooked wands (8) be replaced with a longer single piece wand which they sold in the store. Robert accepted that suggestion and arranged for me to acquire those at no additional cost. This idea worked very well. Throughout the installation and product quality issues, Robert gave the distinct impression that he was willing to do everything necessary to make us happy with our purchase. He succeeded. Everyone at Lowe's did an outstanding job with customer support. I can't say enough good things about Jason and Robert. We consider them as real assets to Lowe's. I would not hesitate to go to Lowe's to have this work done at a future time, if needed
- HOME DEPOTWe first consulted with a Home Depot representative closer to us. During that meeting, he called Doug Willis at the Blue Springs store with questions. We had no challeges with this because he was new to that department and still learning. After several more weeks fo thinking about options, we decided to try Home Depot again. this time we made the appointment directly with Doug in the Blue Springs store. He was very knowledgeable and provide sufficient guidance that we were able to make a decision and start the process. The installer came for a precision measurement (templating) prior to the custom counter top being manufactured. On installation day, they arrived when expected, did a good job with no damage to existing tiled back splash or cabinets. We are very pleased with the entire process and professionalism by Home Depot and the installer
- Lowe's - Kansas CityThey have good service. They were prompt to put up the doors. They hired an outside contractor to install the door.
- HOME DEPOTBought the water heater over the phone and the installer was there the next day. Did a good job. No problems.
- WESTLAKE HARDWAREWestlake Ace Hardware are very personable in dealing with their clients needs especially in finding things and they have someone available to help you lead through it. They are a little bit pricey as compared to other big stores.
- KRAMER DO IT BEST HARDWAREThey stand out for their customer service, they are really friendly,helpful, a local company and tend to be more helpful. I think they are family owned but may have a few branches.
- DirectBuy of Greater Kansas CityThe order was easy. I saved the money. It went straight to my rental house (1000 miles away). I had to wait 4 days, but it was worth it to save the $.
- HOME DEPOTIf I have a question, there is someone there to answer them. I have not had services performed by them. I will be using them again.
- HOME DEPOTIt was cheaper than buying a new grill. I went to the shelf, picked it up and took it to the counter to check out. I did not have any problem with them. Their price was average. I would use their services again in the future.
- Lowe'sOur experience at Lowe's was terrific. When purchasing the unit, we received assistance from several associates and each of them was helpful. The installers, Brandon and Shane, were extremely respectful of our new home and did a great job. We were extremely pleased.
Last update on February 14, 2018
Home Improvement Stores in Kansas City
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
Before starting a project, it’s important to decide whether you buy or rent tools. The best option will depend on what you’re doing and the project magnitude.
Find hardware stores in
- Roeland Park,
- Kansas City,
- Lake Quivira,
- North Kansas City,
- Mission Hills,
- Prairie Village,
- Weatherby Lake,
- Bonner Springs,
- Shawnee Mission,
- Overland Park,
- Sugar Creek,
hardware stores in Kansas City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- DirectBuy of Greater Kansas City11309 Strang Line Rd
Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- DirectBuy of Greater Kansas City
- KANSAS CITY BUILDING SUPPLY7600 WEDD ST
Overland Park, Kansas 66204
- KANSAS CITY BUILDING SUPPLY
- LAWN & LEISURE-LEE'S SUMMIT706 SE BLUE PKWY
Lees Summit, Missouri 64063
- LOCKS & PULLS10333 METCALF AVE.
Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- LOWE'S1700 W 133RD ST
Kansas City, Missouri 64145
- Lowe's - Kansas City4201 Sterling Ave
Kansas City, Missouri 64133
- Lowe's - Warrensburg912 N College Ave
Warrensburg, Missouri 64093
- Lowe's Home Improvement4960 Roe Blvd
Roeland Park, Kansas 66205
- Lowes Home Improvement19000 E Valley View Pkwy
Independence, Missouri 64055
- LAWN & LEISURE-LEE'S SUMMIT
- Midland Marble & Granite Flooring America2077 NE Rice Rd
Lees Summit, Missouri 64064
- Midland Marble & Granite Flooring America
- The Remodeling Pro 12519 Blue Ridge Ext
Grandview, Missouri 64030
- The Remodeling Pro
- WESTLAKE ACE HARDWARE1000 WESTPORT RD
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
- WESTLAKE ACE HARDWARE
- YOUNG'S KC MOWER CENTER8137 WORNALL
Kansas City, Missouri 64114
- YOUNG'S KC MOWER CENTER