Dog Dayz Playhouse & Retreat

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2004

15310 HERRIMAN BLVD

Noblesville, IN 46060

Unlike other facilities. our policy is to provide boarding at an all-inclusive price. 16 employees. Charges flat rate. No subcontractors. ...

07/11/2017

TIMOTHY & JENNY H.

They’re wonderful. They’ve just been such a big help. On days like this when the dogs can’t go outside and their driving me crazy, it’s great to just be able to go drop them off and let them play. The dogs are there now. They charge $18 a day for 6 hours and $25 for a whole day. I have two old English Sheep dogs. They go there and burn off energy because they are bouncy energetic dogs and I’m not bouncy or energetic either one, anyway, they’re a bit much somedays and it’s nice to have a place they can go and get worn out, make them tired. I think they’re pretty good. The $18 is per dog, for 6 hours and $25 per dog for the day. They’re boarding is more expensive. They’re very conscientious.

Description of Work
I use Dog Dayz quite a bit. I use their doggy daycare and I occasionally use their groomer.

02/06/2017

David F.

They are very good. They are really impressive.

Description of Work
Boarded our animals.

02/06/2017

David F.

They are very good. They really love dogs, and they don't smell like a kennel like other places.

Description of Work
They boarded our pets for two days.

12/02/2016

Louise C.

I would not leave my dog anywhere else. This is the first and only (looked and visited others) place I will leave my dog (Sophie) she gets play time and one on one interaction with the staff and individual private sleeping areas.

Description of Work
Boarding and grooming

08/10/2015

Kitty J.

Amazing as always. I've been a client of Dog Dayz since 2009. Both of my Danes have gone there for short term and long term boarding as well as day camp and grooming. As far as the boarding, I did a lot of research of different boarders before selecting them. I had a horrible experience at one of their competitors in Fishers. The two biggest reasons I selected them are the webcams in the play room and that they don't charge extra for giving medications or special food. My last dane was on several meds the first time I took him and I was at training 11 hours away and had piece of mind being able to check in with him on the cameras. I'm the overbearing puppy-mom and I can call anytime for updates. They also have called me on several occasions to give me updates if it was necessary, like when my sweet boy played so hard he blistered his pads. The day care is great. They are well tended to all day and the socialization is great with the other dogs. Everyone there knows my name, or at least that I'm "Dax's Mom" and they all know Dax. He is excited every time he gets to go. There are several daycare/boarders closer since I live in Westfield, and I still will only take my Dax to Dog Dayz.

Description of Work
I board my Great Dane, Dax when I am away at military training or other obligations. I also use their grooming services as needed

02/11/2015

Sara F.

The price we paid was for 2 dogs which wasn’t too bad. We were able to get them in quickly and they got done quickly that day also. We think they’re cheaper than some of the other places we’ve been to also. We’ve paid over a $100 to have the two of them groomed. So 6.55 we would use them again. They’re very quick and professional. The price is excellent.

Description of Work
We use Dog Dayz for animal grooming. We also board our dogs there.

12/16/2013

Tom E.

Dog-Dayz is the BEST! I've been a customer (it feels like I'm a family member) for the last 10 years. Their staff is great - friendly & caring and have truly loved my dogs. Andrew Warner is the trainer at Dog-Dayz and did an excellent job in class with me and my puppy, Stella! We learned a lot during class and continue to incorporate what we've learned at home.

Description of Work
Dog training, boarding and day care services.

07/08/2013

JANET W.

This is our second experience with a doggie daycare. We had to switch after the first one didn't work out. What we like about Dog Dayz is that they separate the dogs by size. The rooms are large and they take them outside regularly. I also like the fact that they have a webcam. How comforting it is to be out of the country and watch our dogs as they romp around with their friends. Unfortunately day camp didn't work out for our female lab (she's a diva), but she can still go along with her Golden brother and be in a separate room where they walk her 6 times a day. The groomers there are excellent. I love picking up clean, well brushed dogs at the end of their stay! Also, the "cabins" where they are boarded are large, they have cots and dutch door and a tv! The staff is very professional and obviously love dogs. All in all I would highly recommend Dog Dayz..

Description of Work
We've been taking our two dogs to Dog Dayz for about 2 years. They go to day camp once a month and we board them from time to time.

05/13/2013

JIM M.

We have been happy with them. They do a good job. We have used them more once, and will be continuing to use them.

Description of Work
We took our dog there for boarding. It is about $35.00/day.

03/12/2013

Pamela R.

We took Izzy our puppy German Shepard there to help socialize her. I was able to take my puppy there within days. The staff was very friendly and drop off was quick and non stressful. The entire set up was well organized. I enjoyed being able to check on Izzy the first day when I was really nervous. My son at home was able to check on him also. Izzy was exhausted and happy at the end of the day. I have taken her there two more times and I receive the same service as my initial visit. I would highly recommend them to any one. Additionally it seems that the staff really enjoy their jobs.

Description of Work
Doggy Day care.

12/21/2012

Jenna H.

I chose this company based off of their reviews on Angie's List. The whole experience was great! There were approximately 15 dogs in the class and the trainer did a wonderful job maintaining the class and helping each individual dog and helping their owner, as well. Judy, the trainer, set expectations of the class up front and encouraged the owners to actively work with their dogs. My dog is extremely timid and there were several extremely energetic dogs in the class. Judy did a great job working with the diverse types of dogs and keeping them separate from one another while training.

Description of Work
This was my first experience taking my 3 1/2 year old puggle to dog training classes.

06/07/2012

JASON S.

Called and got same day service for our dogs. We dropped them off and got a call 5 hours later that they were all ready to go. They come out looking and smelling good with bandanas to show off the good work.

Description of Work
Complete hair cut, anal gland secretion and nail trimming for our two small dogs

Category pet grooming

03/28/2012

Michelle C.

I thought Judy was a great teacher. She answered all my questions and gave suggestions to problems. We did clicker training for basic obedience commands (sit, down, stay, walking on a leash and more). They use positive reinforcement for training. I have a very shy puppy and she let me come to the next 6 class session for free. My dog got extra time to socialize and it has helped. They really care about dogs and will help with any problems that arise with a new puppy. This is my first dog and I feel like I learned a lot.

Description of Work
We went to 6 weeks of puppy classes. We learned basic commands and had people/puppy socialization.

02/01/2012

Susan H.

The first time I went they showed me the facility and then I went to go look at a couple of other boarding places. Afterwards, I went back there and made the reservation. I like this facility because I have two dogs and they will be able to room together. They have a small facility but it's more home like.

Description of Work
I went to Dog Dayz Playhouse & Retreat about two weeks ago to reserve a temporary stay for my two dogs.

01/15/2012

Marla S.

I took my dogs here on a number of occasions and was initially pleased with our daycare experience. The last time I took my dogs, my smaller dog smelled like urine and she has had a few medical issues with bladder infections. I contacted the staff on my drive home, because no one there could tell me about why she smelled of urine, trying to determine if anyone had figured out if she had medical issues or if she had maybe inadvertently gotten into another dog's urine. I called multiple times and finally left a message. No one returned my call to help me determine if my dog required medical attention or just a bath. I tried on a later date to contact the owner or manager and no one responded so I sent them an email identifying my frustration. I was told in a response email, after a number of days, that a staff member had called and left me a message on my phone (I did not have a message or missed call from them). I was very disappointed in their communication process with me as well as their care for my dog. I would not recommend them based upon this experience.

Description of Work
Dog day care

11/07/2011

Tammy S.

They know us and our dogs. I'm sure it's that way for everybody. They end up knowing you and your dog by name. They have a webcam. So being apprehensive about putting my dog in a daycare while I'm at work I can always get on the webcam and watch what she is doing. This way I know she is OK. My dog enjoys it.

Description of Work
We take our dogs there. There are several of us here at work that take our dogs there and we are all very happy with them. I have a mixed hound and pit bull. My daughter has a collie mix and she goes to Dog Dayz too.

08/29/2011

LARRY & AMY M.

They divide dogs by sizes into different rooms, and they're supervision is excellent.. They also have puppy classes, and the instructors are outstanding. It is clear that the owners and staff are dog-friendly folks. We have actually boarded our dogs there a couple of times, and the attention to detail regarding the feeding and care is excellent.

Description of Work
We have 3 golden retrievers whom we bring here.

07/01/2011

barbara M.

The story does not get better. I filed a claim on behalf of Dante if only for veterinary expenses and Dog Dayz turned the claim down. Am I unreasonable? Ido not think so..

Description of Work
Upon Dog Dayz's recommendation, I took my English Bulldog, Dante, to their day camp. Within a few hours, I was called by them telling me that Dante had collapsed and was being taken to Stony Creek Vet Clinic. Dante was diagnosed with heat stroke and subsequently died. Heatstroke is not uncommon with dogs especially bulldogs and pugs but their are multiple indicators to control the symptoms. Either the staff is not trained to recognize symptoms or do not care but Dante collapsed on their watch and subsequently died. I hold Dog Dayz completely responsible for his untimely death. I trusted Dog Dayz to care for Dante and they betrayed that trust. May be there are too many dogs to watch but especially a first visit, I would think more attention would be paid. No regulations are required by these establishments but perhaps there should be. Dante deserved better than this.

05/13/2011

Mike K.

They were able to keep both dogs in the same kennel, which we appreciated. The dogs were groomed prior to us picking them up. The staff was very nice and pleasant overall. The price may be somewhat higher, but you get what you pay for. They get to play all day! They were also able to squeeze us in last minute.

Description of Work
We took our dogs in for a week (day care and boarding).

09/07/2010

George D.

I boarded my pets ( 2 dogs).This is the first time I've used this particular kennel. The facility seemed fine and my dogs seemed "ok" till I got them home and they had the "runs"(no pun intended). Took them to the Vet, who ran some tests and said they may have picked up some bacteria during their stay. I suppose this could happen anywhere. Meds + tests another $50.(with a discount which would have been $150). Speaking of discounts, you can never get hold of the owner of DogDayz (some guy named Brian) who is the only person who can offer an Angies List discount. It took about a week before we got a response. At that, the discount is only 5%, and I think a minimum of 10% is reasonable especially when you are spending hundreds of dollars.. Even though the dogs"picked up something" I would probably use this facility again. I would, however, like to find out from others what their Angies List discount was. If it is only 5% why isn't the staff allowed to disclose this?

Description of Work
boarding dog for multiple days.

LARRY & AMY M.

Very well. It fit very well with our philosophy with our dogs. We want a well-behaved pet.

Description of Work
Basic dog obedience class

LARRY & AMY M.

Our puppy enjoys going to Dog Dayz for day camp. He gets excited in the car when we pull into the driveway. When he is home after a day camp day, he is a model dog because he has had plenty of exercise and interaction. He has been able to be a real dog all day.

Description of Work
Doggie daycamp.

Category pet sitters

LARRY & AMY M.

Excellent. Fit well with out personal expectations. Great socialization for our puppy and training for us.

Description of Work
Puppy training class

03/30/2010

SYLVIA W.

We love Dog-Dayz. Our dogs come home healthy and happy. They are not stressed. They are worn out from all of the play and actually seem a little sad to come home to our boring house. A good thing! They get plenty of attention there, too.

Description of Work
They boarded our pack of 7 dogs (daughter's included) while we were on spring break. We always use them when we are going to be away.

02/12/2010

Ben B.

Their service was excellent. They were timely and did a good job taking care of my dog. Overall, we were very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
I boarded my dog at the Dog Dayz Playhouse & Retreat.

Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Training
    Animal Grooming
    Animal & House Sitting
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Day Camp, Boarding, Grooming & Training For Dogs. Pet Supplies & In-Ground, Invisible Fencing