Leo's Pet Care

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2010

10598 N College Ave #200

Indianapolis, IN 46280

Voted the "Best Veterinarian in Indianapolis" on the Indy A-List for four years, Leo's is simply a straight-forward, honest, friendly little veterinary clinic located between Carmel and Indy....

05/26/2021

Nik S.

At first there was confusion with the front desk BUT the MD and staff turned an undignified situation into a better quality experience. I am VERY HAPPY to say that me and my pet will continue our loyalty to a Vet who cares about his patience a lot and follows Federal Ada laws as well as COVID regulations. You will not regret working with this practice. I look forward to my visit and my pets quality care! Thank you Leo’s Pet Care!!

Description of Work
My pet is sick

12/22/2017

Gary B.

I had gone to Leo's Pet Care for five years (since we moved to Indy). They took care of both my pets as far as vaccinations and check ups go. Nothing was ever wrong with either my dog or cat. This morning, my dog had a hematoma in his ear. I called up at 8:30am to bring him in. They told me they had no openings today and that I should bring him to a vet emergency room (which would be uber expensive and they don't know my dog). They refused to fit her in. The bottom line is, the one time I really needed them to help me after five years of loyalty, they sent me somewhere else. So I went somewhere else, and I am never going back to Leo's Pet Care. I would not bring your pets their either.

Category veterinarian

I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had copied and pasted this review from where you had posted it on Google and Facebook. It's clear you were upset by our decision to send you and your dog for emergency surgery, which was what he needed, but we're confident it was the right decision and he got the care he needed. Thank you for giving our small family clinic a try!

11/20/2017

Julie A.

Very good. The staff were wonderful and helpful. Helped me better understand hyperthyroidism.

Description of Work
My cat needed blood work

11/20/2017

Jennifer C.

Good They treated my dog with kindness and a rational approach to treatment for a complex set of illnesses The vaccines for Life is an amazing deal that keeps pets healthier

Description of Work
Annual checkup Bladder infection complications Diabetes management All for a dog

11/13/2017

Gerald P.

I️ have always loved the service and care they give my fur babies.

Description of Work
I use them as my vet for both of my dogs and have for sometime now. We don’t go anywhere else.

11/13/2017

Andrea B.

Everything was well explained and there were no issues with any of the work performed.

Description of Work
General pet care for 2 cats and 1 dog, teeth cleaning, and treatment for 2 injured nails on my dog.

10/26/2017

Jennifer S.

Ok—not excellent, but my dog made it home well. My dog seemed very unhappy and couldn’t wait to get out of there, but it was probably the circumstances not the people. Everyone always seems so nice and friendly and tries their best, I think. The only thing is that they never found out what was wrong really and we left with a bill we couldn’t pay. It took a long time to pay it off using CareCredit., which we hate having to use credit any more than we have to—especially when we were already upset about our dog feeling so terrible. The fact that you pay one price up front for lifetime vaccines is wonderful!! I love not having to worry about that. The people are really nicer than other places I’ve been and overall I like this place better than all the other veterinary offices I’ve gone to. It’s small and easy to get an appointment usually. They work with you. One time my cat was giving me trouble and each time I made an appointment I couldn’t get her. So one day they told me to just call one day when I managed to get her and they’d try to work her in and they did. I finally got my cat in to the doctor. Yeah!!! I appreciated that sooo much. Service that I’ll put the cost of: the 2 night stay ( I forget the exact cost)

Description of Work
Annual vaccinations, annual exams, overnight stays for dog with blood work and hospitalization for ill dog to see what was wrong and care for extreme dehydration, sickness, and not eating.

Category veterinarian

Care Credit can definitely be a lifeline during those times when your pet is very sick! Like in 2012 when we hospitalized and cared for Goldie for two days, nursing her back to health. A living body, especially a sick one, can certainly be a mystery to all of us. But! We were very happy to see her recover so well, and then to see her again in 2013, and 2014, and 2015, and 2016 for her routine care! Thanks for your great review, we've always enjoyed having you as a client of our hospital. :)

10/26/2017

Kelly S.

The staff has been friendly and helpful with the transition to having a new puppy. The Dr also went beyond and called me with additional info to a question I'd asked her. I really appreciated that extra effort.

Description of Work
I have had my puppy at the Main and Guilford location for 2 annuals plus initial puppy visits.

Category veterinarian

Thank you so much, we've all very much enjoyed getting to know you and Buster!

03/09/2017

Jim J.

The service was okay. They are very personable. The price was reasonable. They have friendly staff. Knowledgeable. The location is a little too far from our home.

Description of Work
They took care of a little kitten for us. Veterinary services.

Category veterinarian

Thank you so much for your review, and for giving Leo's Pet Care a try!

02/25/2017

Glenn G.

Repeatedly when the drug store has called in the vet for a refill, he has failed to respond in a timely manner. Today when I went to pick up the refill, though the drug store had requested approval, the clinic had failed to respond. It is particularly troubling this time as it was not ready after work hours on Friday night when I went to pick it up. The clinic is not open on weekend, nor will the medication last the weekend. The dog will probably have repeated long seizures and suffer all weekend. I will be going to a different vet Monday a.m.

Description of Work
I have been a customer of Leo' Pet Care for three years. During that entire time my dog has had seizure medication. After the fifth refill at the drug store, the vet is contacted to approve a refill.

Category veterinarian

It's important to know that all our clients have my email address, and I am constantly answering messages like this on weekends, when our office is closed. To my knowledge, I'm the only veterinarian in the city who does this. Instead of writing me when he had a problem, this gentleman wrote a negative review, which went straight to my email inbox on my phone just like an email from him would have, so I called him that moment, figured out that the pharmacy lost his prescription request, called in the prescription, and got his dog his needed seizure meds. And then we have continued to properly take care of Little Bit's medications ever since. We solved the problem and made the client happy, and it's probably just an oversight that this review is still here. Thanks for reading!

12/05/2016

Alice R.

I was very impressed by the responsiveness/helpfulness of the person who answered my questions. I will definitely consider using this veterinarian clinic.

Description of Work
Just called with a question.

10/30/2016

Tammy L L.

Very well, the vet and his staff were great. They listened, were responsive and worked with me and my dog. End result, shes better and much more affordable than my old vet.

Description of Work
Great care for my dog with chronic ear infx

08/15/2016

Ronald G.

I went for a second opinion. Dr. Magnussen was knowledgable and straight forward with me. He told me honestly that my vet was doing all the right things and said he does not take other climic's patients unless the customer requests him to. I will do as he suggested but keep him in my back pocket.

Description of Work
Wanted second opinion on issues my cat was having.

04/30/2016

Adam S.

They are just fantastic at Leo's Pet Care. I've never enjoyed going to the vet as much as I do when I stop by. They are very informative and helpful. Our puppy is made comfortable and they treat him with genuine, loving care. I can't imagine going to any where else.

Description of Work
Booster shots for puppy and exam.

03/18/2016

Sarah F.

I would use them again in future if needed.

Description of Work
I go to Leo's Pet Care for veterinarian services.

11/03/2015

Paul A.

Dr. M is wonderful! He's knowledgeable and professional, and seems to know (and like!) our pet after only a few visits. He absolutely has animals' best interests at heart. All of the staff at Leo's is friendly and caring. It is always a pleasure to visit there!

Description of Work
Dr. Magnusson performed a routine exam and evaluated our pet's injured leg. He developed a treatment plan and set a reminder to follow up in case other treatment was needed.

10/26/2015

Sharon K.

They do a decent job but they were very expensive. Their hours stink, they no longer open on Saturday. They could have consistency on their Vets and their locations. The two locations is a pain in the neck. They are very expensive for services provided. Their hours stink because a lot of people have to take their pets to the vet on Saturday and yet, they are no longer open on Saturday. It is a real problem for people who work particularly. I don't really have that problem but a lot of people will.

Description of Work
I used Leo's Pet Care.

Category veterinarian

It's true, we have chosen to close the hospital on Saturdays for the benefit of our staff and their families. Despite some initial concerns, not one client so far has found it impossible to set aside time during the week for their beloved furry family members, and our staff appreciates the time off enormously. Regarding our two locations, you are welcome to visit whichever you want, Dr. Magnusson sees appointments at both! As for "very expensive for services provided", you and I discussed that on the phone, when you discovered after you had a competitor clean your pet's teeth, that they neglected to inform you over the phone that blood work, an intravenous catheter, monitoring of anesthesia, and other basic necessities of a dental were all charged after the fact as "add-on" services, which ultimately cost you more money by the time you checked out! We prefer to quote an honest price up front, so there are no surprises at check-out. We just think that's a better way to do business, and we're sorry you realized this mistake only after an unhappy visit to one of our competitors. We only wish you had updated your review with your findings! Thank you for continuing to trust Leo's Pet Care for your pet's needs, we look forward to seeing your pets again for their annual vaccines next week.

06/30/2015

Brent K.

It went very well. We have been very happy with them. What I like about the main vet there is that he frequently makes himself available online chat for people who have questions. One we had a problem with our cat and we can?t bring him in because it was night and we were able to talk to him online and he was able to give us directions. Se we really appreciated that. He gave us directions and advice even without getting paid. I think their prices are reasonable compared to other places we have used before.

Description of Work
We continue to go back there annually for check up and injection.

06/29/2015

Melinda L.

It has been a while. I had to remind them to get my dog a shot they forgot to do. They charged me to show me how to apply ear medicine for my dog. They charged me $20 to show me how to do it which took 5 minutes.

Description of Work
I used Leo's Pet Care.

Category veterinarian

Our records indicate you visited our hospital in 2012 for your 85 pound Labrador's ear infection; thank you for giving us a try! We have found that sending owners home with a bag of medication but without proper usage instructions (like most other veterinary hospitals do) usually leads to treatment failures, and repeated visits, frustration, and money spent unnecessarily. To remedy this very common problem, we spend a little extra time teaching clients how to use the ear cleaner properly, and yes, charge for that valuable service. We notice you haven't presented your dog for an ear infection in several years now; we're hoping maybe that's because you now know how to properly care for your dog's ears, to prevent infections from starting in the first place? Thank you for visiting Leo's Pet Care!

06/29/2015

Carol K.

They did a good job. He did fine. He was good. I would not hesitate to take our pet there again. He asked me if I was willing to spend that amount of money before I got into it. I said I was and consented. It was okay. The quality was good. They're very responsive. It was nice that he followed up with a call and an email. He wanted to obtain and retain my business as a veterinarian. I will use him again.

Description of Work
I took my cat to the veterinarian.

06/26/2015

William R.

We were very pleased with them. Their responsiveness was very good. They did it on time. They worked very well.

Description of Work
I took my dogs there for their shots.

05/04/2015

Jill R.

They are really good. They only have one doctor. He's just very personable and has lots of information. The staff is nice.

04/20/2015

Ryan F.

He is fairly expensive but they all are. He is the best.

Description of Work
My dog was there last week.

12/05/2014

Janice D.

various costs , some very good, ( vaccinations for life) and some a bit more than standard ( for a retired lady). Yes, I trust them very much with the care of my boys

Description of Work
1 Dog was put down after other vet treated incorrectly 2 Three dogs wellness shots, teeth cleaning and neutered. All health related problems

12/02/2014

SHARON H.

Urine testing was normal and no cause was found for the odor.

Description of Work
Checking cat to ascertain cause of odor.

Veterinarians
    Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Two full service veterinary wellness clinics promoting responsible and cost effective pet ownership by partnering with you for the care of your pet.