Leo's Pet Care

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2010

10598 N College Ave #200

Indianapolis, IN 46280

Voted the "Best Veterinarian in Indianapolis" on the Indy A-List for four years, Leo's is simply a straight-forward, honest, friendly little veterinary clinic located between Carmel and Indy....

05/26/2021

Nik S.

At first there was confusion with the front desk BUT the MD and staff turned an undignified situation into a better quality experience. I am VERY HAPPY to say that me and my pet will continue our loyalty to a Vet who cares about his patience a lot and follows Federal Ada laws as well as COVID regulations. You will not regret working with this practice. I look forward to my visit and my pets quality care! Thank you Leo’s Pet Care!!

Description of Work
My pet is sick

12/22/2017

Gary B.

I had gone to Leo's Pet Care for five years (since we moved to Indy). They took care of both my pets as far as vaccinations and check ups go. Nothing was ever wrong with either my dog or cat. This morning, my dog had a hematoma in his ear. I called up at 8:30am to bring him in. They told me they had no openings today and that I should bring him to a vet emergency room (which would be uber expensive and they don't know my dog). They refused to fit her in. The bottom line is, the one time I really needed them to help me after five years of loyalty, they sent me somewhere else. So I went somewhere else, and I am never going back to Leo's Pet Care. I would not bring your pets their either.

Category veterinarian

I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had copied and pasted this review from where you had posted it on Google and Facebook. It's clear you were upset by our decision to send you and your dog for emergency surgery, which was what he needed, but we're confident it was the right decision and he got the care he needed. Thank you for giving our small family clinic a try!

11/20/2017

Julie A.

Very good. The staff were wonderful and helpful. Helped me better understand hyperthyroidism.

Description of Work
My cat needed blood work

11/20/2017

Jennifer C.

Good They treated my dog with kindness and a rational approach to treatment for a complex set of illnesses The vaccines for Life is an amazing deal that keeps pets healthier

Description of Work
Annual checkup Bladder infection complications Diabetes management All for a dog

11/13/2017

Gerald P.

I️ have always loved the service and care they give my fur babies.

Description of Work
I use them as my vet for both of my dogs and have for sometime now. We don’t go anywhere else.

11/13/2017

Andrea B.

Everything was well explained and there were no issues with any of the work performed.

Description of Work
General pet care for 2 cats and 1 dog, teeth cleaning, and treatment for 2 injured nails on my dog.

10/26/2017

Jennifer S.

Ok—not excellent, but my dog made it home well. My dog seemed very unhappy and couldn’t wait to get out of there, but it was probably the circumstances not the people. Everyone always seems so nice and friendly and tries their best, I think. The only thing is that they never found out what was wrong really and we left with a bill we couldn’t pay. It took a long time to pay it off using CareCredit., which we hate having to use credit any more than we have to—especially when we were already upset about our dog feeling so terrible. The fact that you pay one price up front for lifetime vaccines is wonderful!! I love not having to worry about that. The people are really nicer than other places I’ve been and overall I like this place better than all the other veterinary offices I’ve gone to. It’s small and easy to get an appointment usually. They work with you. One time my cat was giving me trouble and each time I made an appointment I couldn’t get her. So one day they told me to just call one day when I managed to get her and they’d try to work her in and they did. I finally got my cat in to the doctor. Yeah!!! I appreciated that sooo much. Service that I’ll put the cost of: the 2 night stay ( I forget the exact cost)

Description of Work
Annual vaccinations, annual exams, overnight stays for dog with blood work and hospitalization for ill dog to see what was wrong and care for extreme dehydration, sickness, and not eating.

Category veterinarian

Care Credit can definitely be a lifeline during those times when your pet is very sick! Like in 2012 when we hospitalized and cared for Goldie for two days, nursing her back to health. A living body, especially a sick one, can certainly be a mystery to all of us. But! We were very happy to see her recover so well, and then to see her again in 2013, and 2014, and 2015, and 2016 for her routine care! Thanks for your great review, we've always enjoyed having you as a client of our hospital. :)

10/26/2017

Kelly S.

The staff has been friendly and helpful with the transition to having a new puppy. The Dr also went beyond and called me with additional info to a question I'd asked her. I really appreciated that extra effort.

Description of Work
I have had my puppy at the Main and Guilford location for 2 annuals plus initial puppy visits.

Category veterinarian

Thank you so much, we've all very much enjoyed getting to know you and Buster!

03/09/2017

Jim J.

The service was okay. They are very personable. The price was reasonable. They have friendly staff. Knowledgeable. The location is a little too far from our home.

Description of Work
They took care of a little kitten for us. Veterinary services.

Category veterinarian

Thank you so much for your review, and for giving Leo's Pet Care a try!

02/25/2017

Glenn G.

Repeatedly when the drug store has called in the vet for a refill, he has failed to respond in a timely manner. Today when I went to pick up the refill, though the drug store had requested approval, the clinic had failed to respond. It is particularly troubling this time as it was not ready after work hours on Friday night when I went to pick it up. The clinic is not open on weekend, nor will the medication last the weekend. The dog will probably have repeated long seizures and suffer all weekend. I will be going to a different vet Monday a.m.

Description of Work
I have been a customer of Leo' Pet Care for three years. During that entire time my dog has had seizure medication. After the fifth refill at the drug store, the vet is contacted to approve a refill.

Category veterinarian

It's important to know that all our clients have my email address, and I am constantly answering messages like this on weekends, when our office is closed. To my knowledge, I'm the only veterinarian in the city who does this. Instead of writing me when he had a problem, this gentleman wrote a negative review, which went straight to my email inbox on my phone just like an email from him would have, so I called him that moment, figured out that the pharmacy lost his prescription request, called in the prescription, and got his dog his needed seizure meds. And then we have continued to properly take care of Little Bit's medications ever since. We solved the problem and made the client happy, and it's probably just an oversight that this review is still here. Thanks for reading!
    Veterinarians
    Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Two full service veterinary wellness clinics promoting responsible and cost effective pet ownership by partnering with you for the care of your pet.