Laser & Skin Surgery Center of Indiana

With Angi since January 2010

8925 N Meridian St Ste 200

Indianapolis, IN 46260

Additional fax - (317) 660-4901...

07/01/2015

04/23/2014

Harez A.

Went there for some acne/scarring treatment, the staff were very friendly. Dr.Hanke's PA came and I explained everything to her like what I've done in the past 2 years for my acne and scars, who did I see as far as doctors, and what medications they prescribed to me which they were Tazorac, Aczone, Doxycycline and Isotretinoin (Accutane). I told her those medications DIDN'T REALLY WORK that's why I came here to try something different than those. later on Dr.Hanke came in for 5 mins and checked my scars then he explain 3 options one of them called Subcision, which sounded good and reasonably priced it was something for me to consider. then he left . So I asked his PA what can I do for my current(active) acne and pimples? guess what? she prescribed me the exact medications I mentioned above! I was like Okay :-/ I had to ask her to prescribe me Sulfamethoxazole as an alternative to Doxycycline which I've used it in the past and it's better than Doxycycline for me. so she suggested that I use those meds for 2 months then will go back to see her again if things didn't improve she said she will prescribe me Accutane!! So I'm standing there and felt like an idiot I asked myself, Accutane?? seriously?! didn't I just explain everything 15 mins ago?! obviously they were not paying attention or they didn't really care what I said! I was like whatever I didn't even argue or anything I just said goodby and left the office. Oh, and I asked her to prescribe me an alcohol free moisturizing lotion that I can use around my nose because it gets dry sometimes and if it has alcohol it'll actually make it more dry(based on my experience with my own skin). she recommended an over the counter lotion called CeraVe but guess what? I looked it up at the pharmacy and it had 2 types of alcohol in it! what part of alcohol free is hard to understand?! Now the questions are... do I recommend them to friends and families? No do I ever go back to their office? definitely NOT! I suggest you go to a different dermatologist that would actually listens to what you say so that you don't get to use the same exact medications that you've used in the past and never worked!

Description of Work
Went there for some acne treatment. TERRIBLE experience.

03/13/2014

Leah W.

Dr. Countryman was professional and friendly -- he actually looked at my chart and asked me about my job. Everyone in the office was friend, the nurses were amazing. Everyone was gentle, making sure they numbed all around the skin. They were fairly exact on how much time it would take for each round of tissue removal, and it only took 2 rounds. They explained what they were doing and why. The thing I remember most is that the nurses all seemed to really enjoy working there. I think that created a professional yet nice, relaxed atmosphere, not a single person was tense or in a hurry to scoot me out the door. Hopefully I won't have to go back, but if I do, I will come here, and ask for Dr. Countryman.

Description of Work
I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma. My dermatologist recommended Dr. Countryman to do the Mohs Surgery.

11/06/2013

Stephanie M.

I was not told of the side effects--lots of swelling for a week. After swelling subsided, it was obvious that the treatment did not work (a friend took pictures)! I was not offered a refund. It was an expensive lesson that I will not repeat!

Description of Work
I wanted fillers for a college reunion and was promised that I was a good candidate for the injections.

Category dermatologist, cosmetic surgery

09/24/2013

High quality of care and great results!

Description of Work
Dr. Countryman is a wonderful doctor that is personable and highly skilled. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

02/19/2013

I think Dr. Nicholas Countryman does an excellent job. He was really good. My husband could maybe use one more surgery but Dr. Countryman for what was done, I don’t think we could ask for better results. I think he really is a good plastic surgeon. The staff is nice. He’s good at what he does. He knows how to communicate and tells you what's going on with things.

Description of Work
My husband has had some surgeries on his nose from cancer.

Category

06/18/2010

SERITA B.

The facility and staff were all very helpful. I was happy with my experience here.

Description of Work
I had a surgery procedure performed here.

Category cosmetic surgery

Dermatology - General
    Plastic Surgery - Cosmetic
    Skin & Body Care - Vein Treatment
    Hair - Replacement & Transplants
    Cancer/Oncology

Skin cancer, liposuction, botox, cosmetic dermatology, aesthetics, chemical peels, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, vein treatment, sclerotherapy, male breasts, laser hair reduction & transplantation.