Arthur's Music Store

Founded 1952 • With Angi since March 2003

931 SHELBY ST Historic Fountain Square

Indianapolis, IN 46203

Arthur's Music Store has been at the same location in Historic Fountain Square since 1952, and is still owned and operated by the Arthur family. Although a lot has changed in the last 50 years, the level of personal service that Mr. Arthur instilled in his family and employees is continuing to

11/09/2015

Karen L.

I was given an estimate for repairs between $125 to $150 dollars for the repair. Demetri called me to inform me of the costs and then gave me a call to tell me the repairs had been made and the total cost was $117. I went in on Saturday to pick up the accordion and the owner was so warm and friendly. She told me the accordion we had purchased elsewhere was a wanted item for the color. We needed new leather straps and she found us a pair that matches the color at a good price.

Description of Work
Arthur's repaired a used accordion that was purchased as a gift for a family member.

06/04/2014

Kate S.

Really really well. The service at Arthur's is amazing.

Description of Work
I purchased a guitar for my spouse from Arthur's as an engagement gift. I am not a musician and was worried about the purchase,but Arthur's service was amazing. The staff reassured me and helped me find the perfect gift.

12/27/2012

Kara C.

She was fantastic! Very knowledgable about what I needed and offered plenty of advise. She was so sweet and did not mind at all staying the extra five to ten mins to helps us out and give great advise. I will most certainly be visiting them for anything I may need for my banjo.

Description of Work
Arthur's is great. Recently my boyfriend bought me a banjo from themm and we needed to get finger picks and a stand. When we pulled up they had just locked the doors for closing. I was disappointed, however the lady inside saw is and was more than happy to stay an extra little while just to allow us to get what I needed.

Category musical instrument repair, music lessons

08/22/2012

GARY L.

All work was done very professionally.

Description of Work
I have been coming to Arthurs for a few years. I recently had a banjo repaired by Amy.

Category musical instrument repair, music lessons

06/17/2011

PAUL S.

Arthur's is a true old-school music store. It's clear that the employees who work there are knowledgeable and have a passion for music. They've always offered guidance on our music purchases. Vincent, who teaches my 9-year-old guitar, has been a perfect match for my future rocker. Based on my experiences for the past seven months, I can only expect the same level of excellence from the drum instructor. I would recommend Arthur's to anyone interested in taking music lessons or getting expert advice or repair work done.

Description of Work
I have been taking my 9-year-old son to Arthur's for guitar lessons. He meets weekly with Vincent for 30 minutes. The cost is $20 per lesson. My 13-year-old will begin taking drum lessons this week.

03/28/2010

Jaime W.

As an adult learning to play an instrument for the first time I feel very comfortable taking my lessons here. Prices are reasonable and instruction is clear!

Description of Work
I receive regular music instruction here.

10/31/2008

Zach A.

Extremely knowledgeable staff and excellent prices. I am also interested in taking a few lessons for a new instrument. Their prices were very reasonable and they have an extremely large number of instruments to learn from. From Digeridoo to banjo to accordian. I look forward to taking lessons with them.

Description of Work
I need to buy a stand for my Sax. I also wanted to look into digeridoos and see what kind of lessons they offered.

08/01/2008

David W.

They had the job done on time, but a week or two later I noticed the crack re-emerging. I took it back and they fixed it at no additional cost. No problems since then. The people I worked with were very friendly and professional. All work was done right at their store, not sent out to a repair shop. I would not hesitate to go there again.

Description of Work
I went to Arthur's to have a cracked bridge repaired on my guitar. At the same time, I had them do a small neck adjustment and put on new strings.

Category musical instrument repair

09/08/2004

CAROL B.

I ENDED UP BUYING A USED GUITAR. THE PEOPLE THERE WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN THINGS. THEIR PRICES WERE VERY REASONABLE AND THEY EVEN GAVE ME A DISCOUNT ON SOME EQUIPMENT.

Description of Work
ASKED FOR AN ESTIMATE TO REPAIR AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR. THEY WERE VERY NICE AND EXPLAINED WHY IT WOULDN'T BE WORTH IT TO REPAIR THE GUITAR.

Category musical instrument repair

Music Instruction
    Musical Instrument Repair
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

SALES AND REPAIR OF FRETTED INSTRUMENTS (GUITARS, BANJOS ETC.) AND MUSIC INSTRUCTION.

IN-HOME REPAIRS; DELIVERY.