Georgia Knotek DDS

With Angi since October 2008

1852 Fields Blvd Ste B

Greenfield, IN 46140

To see if this provider is board certified go to www.abgd.org. There is 1 doctor at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site.

08/27/2015

Theresa S.

Description of Work
She's my dentist.

07/31/2015

Dorothy F.

05/29/2015

BETTY C.

05/14/2014

Rick M.

Dr. Gnotek could not get the wisdom tooth out. She tried many times and kept leaving and returning to try for almost two hours . My mouth was torn up from several sets of big pliers and lots of grunting and pulling by the Dr. There was lots of pain while all this was going on and she was not making progress. She was trying hard and giving me more shots but it was not working. Finally the Dr. was at a loss and could not get the tooth out and asked me what I wanted to do now. I indicated she was the Dr. and asked what were my options. She then left the office and in a few minutes the receptionist came and said I needed to go to the oral surgeon down the road and they had called him and set up the appointment. The Dr. never came back and checked or said anything and I left and went to Oral Surgeon down the road. The Oral Surgeon took a few minutes to numb me with a shot and then spent about 15 seconds (no exaggeration here) to pull the tooth out in one try with some small pliers and I didn't even know he had it out until he showed it for me. I told him the Dentist had pulled and tugged for a long time with lots of tools and he said sometimes it just takes a little finesse and not just hard pulling. The next 3-4 days my mouth was so sore and torn up from all the pliers and pulling done by Dr. Gnotek that I could not eat. The skin in much of my mouth eventually turned dark and peeled off and then the healing occurred after another week. I am 52 years old and this was the worst procedure at a dentist I have ever experienced. I really think she was in over her head and she didn't know what to do. That is a bad feeling when after a long time in the chair and many different tries, the Dr. then asks you what you want to do. And when the next guy did it without all the pulling and grunting that she was doing, then it was clear wisdom tooth extraction was not a procedure she was proficient in. I have had multiple cleanings and check ups at this dentist and those were fine, but would never go back for fear I might need more than a cleaning and that could turn out bad again.

Description of Work
I was at this dentist for cleaning and X-rays and Dr. Knotek said I should get my wisdom tooth removed because it could cause decay on another tooth. I agreed to come back the next week for the removal. She said she could do the removal in the office and it was a standard service. I setup the appointment and arrived as planned for the extraction.

12/19/2013

Sharon S.

My regular hygienist cleaned my teeth taking notes for long term assessment. The dentist then checked my teeth and talked about a few small points of interest/issues. Nothing else was needed at this time. I have used Dr. Knotek regularly for a number of years. She has been straightforward when I have had problems, highlighting possible treatments, costs, differences between various courses of action. She has recommended other dentists when my treatment was not within the scope of her practice. This office is very well managed, with timely reminders and flexible appointments when needed.

Description of Work
This appointment was a regularly scheduled checkup and cleaning.

03/11/2013

BETTY C.

She is very nice and has been an excellent dentist.

Description of Work
I went in for a routine cleaning.

Category dentists

[Member name removed], thank you for your kind words and great review.

02/18/2013

Cynthia S.

The staff was friendly and helpful, even managing to find a single day when all three of us could get appointments. We waited only a few minutes in the waiting room, despite the fact that we arrived way too early. My husband and I were both surprised at how incredibly thorough this initial visit was and how much time Dr. Knotek herself spent with us rather than having the hygienist do it all. Maybe on subsequent visits we'll see more of the hygienist and less of Dr. Knotek, but this was a mighty first impression. Also, they do digital x-rays here, which were less uncomfortable (no cardboard bitewing holders) and gave immediate results on a computer right in the room so we could see them. Our 6-year-old was made not only to feel comfortable but to feel welcome, and when it was her turn in the chair, both the hygienist and Dr. Knotek couldn't have been better with her. It's obvious they're used to working with children.

Description of Work
My family recently moved to Greenfield and needed to schedule our regular 6-month cleanings. We chose Dr. Knotek based on reviews from Angie's List and elsewhere, and we were all very glad that we did.

11/27/2012

Vicki D.

Please reference the above.

Description of Work
Had sores in my mouth, with much pain. Dr. Knotek prescribed medication and it worked immediately. She and her employees were very cordial and helpful. I was very impressed with the whole experience.

06/28/2012

Julie R.

She is very pleasant and really knows what she is doing. I can't say anything bad about her.

Description of Work
Georgia Knotek DDS is my orthodontist.

Category dentures

06/05/2012

William L.

She was very qualified.

Description of Work
She was my primary dentist.

08/23/2011

CHRIS H.

The receptionist, the x-ray tech, and the associate (Megan) that cleaned my teeth were all positive and profession during my visit. And they were all Colts Fans!

Description of Work
Regular Check Up

06/07/2011

BRUCE H.

Everything went great. I have been using her for 20 years. She is always on time and there is very little wait time. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. The office staff is very friendly as well.

Description of Work
I went in for a routine cleaning and exam.

Category dentists, oral surgeons

05/12/2011

Greg M.

The treatment lasted a year longer than she had estimated it would take. She seemed unable to bring his teeth into proper alignment after several visits. The final result seems satisfactory but I would not recommend her for orthodontic work.

Description of Work
My son needed orthodontic treatment several years ago. Dr. Knotek suggested I let her do the work rather than take him to an orthodontist.

09/02/2009

RON A.

Dr. Knotek provided service above and beyond the normal office visit. A filling had fallen out on Saturday. It was not hurting, but knew I needed it filled asap. I called the office on Sunday, left message and to my pleasant surprise received a call from Dr. Knotek enroute back from her vacation. She told me to come in Monday at 8:00am. The cavity required extensive removal, filling, and shaping which she performed with care. Monday night, she called me at home to check on my mouth's condition and that also was a pleasant surprise. Never had a doctor or dentist personally call me on a follow up basis before. I recommend Dr. Knotek highly.

Description of Work
Repaired and filled a cavity on a short turnaround time.

12/01/2008

LYNN G.

She is very professional and I have been going to her for years.

Description of Work
She is my dentist.

08/18/2008

WILLIAM M.

She is very knowledgeable and knows what she is doing. She is very good at determining if you have any dental problems. She is very professional on when Novocain should and shouldn't be used.

Description of Work
Dr. Georgia Knotek has been my dentist for about eight years.

05/07/2008

Ruth W.

The doctor and all staff are very nice, friendly and professional. I have never had a problem with their work and have been going there for a number of years.

Description of Work
Normal annual visit. Teeth cleaning. X-rays (bite-wings). Fillings.

Epler Parke Dentistry

Epler Parke Dentistry is a family practice. We accept all PPO insurances and are contracted providers with most of them. We also accept Medicaid.

Hollander, Dr. Jay A.

Dr. Hollander and staff welcome you to a dental office that is committed to providing you with a professional, yet relaxed dental experience. Our patients are our most important asset and we strive to develop long-lasting, trusting relationships with all of our patients. We treat children and adults in all facets of general dentistry, with a focus on aesthetic dentistry. We share the goal to make your smile the best and most beautiful it can be. Your comprehensive dental examination will be quick and painless and allows Dr. Hollander, with the use of a laser light, the ability to detect cavities before they become large and painful. Come see for yourself why we have been awarded Angie’s List Super Service Award two years running. There is 1 dentist at this site. Surgery is performed at this location. To see if a dentist is board certified visit www.abgd.org.

Hardin Cosmetic & Family Dentistry

At Hardin Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we know what is important to you and we strive to provide our patients with quality care, comfort and convenience. We provide a full-service, state-of-the art dental practice. In addition to Family Dentistry, we offer the latest technologies in Sedation, Cosmetic, Invisalign, Preventive and Restorative Dentistry. Our exceptional and experienced staff partner with our patients to provide the healthiest, most beautiful smiles dentistry can offer. From the moment you step into our practice until the moment you complete treatment, we want you to be comfortable and relaxed. Call us today to find out how we can help you smile again. Whether you’re in Indianapolis or Greenwood we want to be your Family Dentist. There are 2 dentists at this site. Surgery is not performed at this location. To see if a dentist is board certified visit www.abgd.org

Dentistry - General