Car X Auto Service

Founded 1971 • With Angi since October 2004

11177 Allisonville Rd

Fishers, IN 46038

Complete car care including brake repair, oil change, car exhaust service, vehicle alignment, a/c repair, air conditioning service, car tires, automotive service, belts, hoses, alternator, car battery. Contact for towing information. ...

08/21/2017

MAX N.

Description of Work
They did an oil change and tire repair. It is always very good work.

10/21/2015

Bill H.

Description of Work
Replaced the harmonic balancer.

12/18/2014

Tom T.

We were very pleased with the work and the costs. The overall quality was great.

Description of Work
They put new breaks on

06/27/2014

Jennifer S.

Description of Work
Replaced rear struts.

05/08/2014

Julie Q.

I moved into the area about 6 months ago and started going to this Car X based on other reviews and location. They just opened a new facility and it is very nice (pleasant waiting room). I have had my cars in for oil changes and I was getting ready to go on a trip and they were helpful in fixing a few other items as well. I have also had the brakes replaced on one of my vehicles and their prices were very competitive plus they did a nice job. They are quick, competent, friendly, and helpful--I definitely recommend.

Description of Work
oil changes and brakes

08/26/2013

Matt L.

I always have my care checked here. On a couple occasions they provided a quick fix and didn't charge. I trust them when they tell me what services that I need corrected.

Description of Work
Check my wheels

Category auto repair, car inspections

06/02/2013

MARIA W.

I found them to be very helpful and professional. My son chooses them regularly to work on his car and has consistently been pleased with the service they provide.

Description of Work
Assessed problem for free and provided detailed information. I decided to wait on the repairs for now.

05/17/2013

Steve P.

Always professional and reliable service from these guys. Never been dissatisfied with our interactions there.

Description of Work
We always have these guys do our routine services. Oil changes,transmission services, radiator services and tune-ups etc.. The manager there is friendly and knows his business. They get busy sometimes but always keeps us updated.

02/25/2013

Frank P.

It's a pretty good place. They are good and they have a good service manager there. I've been there for a couple of other things for what I thought I had a problem. One time I drove to them because my engine light was coming on, the guy checked at my car and said that the gas tap was just loose. I feel they are honest people.

Description of Work
I went to Car X Auto Service to do my brakes.

11/08/2012

Judi H.

I've used this Car-X location for years and have never had a bad experience. I don't feel as though I'm taken advantage of or lied to about the necessary repairs or upkeep on my vehicle. The manager, Jim, is always friendly and knows lots about cars! I have recommended this location to many people.

Description of Work
I've had oil changes here, plus repair work (I have an older vehicle).

08/03/2012

James D.

In and out in about 20 minutes. Very courteous and professional. And no charge.. What more could you ask for.

Description of Work
About two weeks ago I had my car in for it's 50,000 mile service checkup at the dealership where I purchased the car. While I was waiting for this work to be done, I received a phone call telling me that the pads on my front brakes were worn way down and the discs needed to be turned as they were damaged. I choose not to have the dealership do this work but instead took my car to the CAR X AUTO SERVICE. After about 5 minutes, the CAR X brake specialist came in and told me that the discs were in good shape and the pads were only about half worn. According to him I have many miles to go before I will need any brake work.

06/23/2012

Judith B.

Great. Will use again in future.

Description of Work
Used coupons in Reach Magazine (the same coupons are available online also) Had A/C checkup (compressor was bad, no high-pressure to have them fix it) (used coupon) Had Oil changed (used coupon, required donation of can good for charity food bank(which I liked), and mail-in rebate for $3, that was annoying as the only reason companies do this is the hope that people won't bother, and at 45 cents postage I lose 15% of my "rebate" not to mention the hassle factor. Had radiator flushed vs. drained. Explained the difference well, no high pressure for either, small price difference so I went with the flush. Overall, short of the annoying mail in rebate, good overall experience. Plan to use them again.

01/06/2012

Ann L.

Service was very fast and courteous.

Description of Work
replaced starter.

11/28/2011

MICHAEL C.

very good, helpful and kind. done on time and at cost quoted

Description of Work
brake work

11/03/2011

Maryl P.

See above description.

Description of Work
Called carX explained problem, they suggested having car towed, due to problem with radiator. Diagnosis was cracked radiator hose. It was repaired, asked them to check brakes, needed replacement parts. Picked up car later in afternoon. Next day similar problems with car, call shop, brought it in, reported the thermastat needed replacement. Cost another 100.00 plus . Gave us a small discount. I will assume all work needed to be done, only wish it was done all at the same time.

10/22/2011

JAMIE H.

Good experience

Description of Work
Go there regularly for oil changes. Often can find a coupon. Many times there is not wait, and when there is a wait, they are efficient and work through their list of customers quickly. Have found them helpful and honest.

09/22/2011

Alan & Candace M.

Work was completed easily and on time.

Description of Work
Oil and filter change.

07/07/2011

Paul F.

Their price is comparable. We get good service. It is always good quality. We are pretty flexible and we try to go on the days that they aren't too busy. The service is always excellent and the manager is an excellent person and he is always personable. He makes sure that his people work pretty quickly and correctly. We have always been happy there and we've been using them for years. We would absolutely continue to use them.

Description of Work
We use Car X frequently for oil changes.

04/28/2011

Ann L.

Excellent. The work was completed ahead of the scheduled time, and they called to let me know it was ready to pick up.

Description of Work
I had a engine support replaced. The joint was showing a great deal of wear and tear.

03/24/2011

Brenda D.

They are very honest. They don't try to make you have a quote on unnecessarily. The people there are great, very nice and friendly.

Description of Work
I take my vehicle to Car-X Auto Svc regularly. I should be within a month I went there last.

12/18/2008

Henry M.

They are fair. They will tell you what is really going on and what you need, not something that they might be able to get by charging you with. They are very honest and open. The pricing is fair. They will bend over backward to try to help you out.

Description of Work
They have done lots of car repairs on all of my vehicles over the past 8 years or so.

08/22/2008

mike V.

They are very professional, they work quickly and the costs are very reasonable. It has been a good experience. They are honest and if something doesn't need to be done that I thought needed to be done they won't do it.

Description of Work
I take my car here for brakes, oil, filters and flushing of transmission.

07/31/2008

RICHARD S.

They do a very good and they are timely. The people that work there are very pleasant and are upfront as to what you have to have repaired. The prices are very comparable and I was very happy with the work that they do.

Description of Work
They do the oil changes and they can also do regular maintenance work.

06/26/2008

William M.

Very bad, I did not have them do the service after a poor experience with the manager.

Description of Work
I was going to have some rotors put on my front wheels. When asking when they would arrive the manager said " they will be here when they get here" I asked for my keys back and did not use.

10/08/2004

Alan & Candace M.

HORRIBLY OVER CHARGED ON THE SERVICE. THE ROTORS WERE $175, NOT INCLUDING INSTALLATION. THE VEHICLE WAS DROPPED OFF AT 7:30 A.M. AND NOT COMPLETED BY 4:00 P.M., AS PROMISED. I AM NEVER RETURNING TO THIS HORRIBLE SHOP.

Description of Work
BRAKE JOB ON FRONT AND REAR. REPLACED PADS, SHOES AND ROTORS.

Kenny's Transmission Greenwood

Kenny's Transmission Service is Indianapolis' transmission repair specialist. We specialize in both foreign and domestic transmissions in the Greenwood and Indianapolis area. Our goal is to fix each transmission to function like new. With many years of experience, Kenny's Transmission Indianapolis can fix it whether you have an automatic transmission or manual transmission. 10 employees. Family owned & operated. Free road test & estimate. Towing & financing available. No subs.

All Star Tire & Auto Service

All Star Tire & Auto Service Company is a family owned tire and auto / truck maintenance and repair business located at the same address, 534 North Capitol Avenue, in downtown Indianapolis since 1940. We are an Affiliated Dealer of the Bridgestone-Firestone Company. Our primary tire lines are Bridgestone, Firestone, Fuzion, Primewell, Dayton and Lemans. We are also a Michelin tire dealer. Additionally, we sell Uniroyal , BFGoodrich , Goodyear, Hankook, National, Kelly, Dunlop, Carlisle, Continental, General, Kumho, Nexan, Pirelli, Super Cargo and most other original equipment and private label brands of passenger and light truck tires for cars, trucks, RVs, SUVs, CUVs, HYBRIDs, carts, mowers, wheelbarrows, and industrial pneumatic tire applications. Our specialty is the sale and service of high performance tires for European and Asian imports and all domestic automotive applications. We use the latest state of the art equipment and techniques to install and/or repair your new or e xisting tires and check your alignment, chassis and braking systems.

Arlington Auto Center, Joe's Battery & Import

We have been serving Indianapolis motorists for over 40 years. We are proud to announce our recent move to a much larger and more professional facility to better serve our customers and provide more services. We also provide fleet/commercial discounts and we are very experienced in extended warranty repairs. Come see us grow and receive even better service! 5 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service fees apply. DBA: import station.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Towing
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

Auto Service - Air Conditioning Systems, Alternators & Starters, Belts & Hoses, Car Batteries, Complete Engine Repair, Computerized Engine Diagnostics, Cooling System Repair & Service, Electrical Systems, Emission Repair, Factory Scheduled Maintenance, Fuel System Injector Cleaning, Fuel Pumps & Lines, Oil Change, Filters & Lube, Radiator Repair & Service, Timing Belts & Chains, Towing Service, Transmission Service & Repair, Tune Ups & Water Pumps.