Woodland Animal Hospital and Pet Lodge

Veterinarians
Animal Boarding Kennels
Animal Grooming
Pet Bakeries

19 employees. We accept Care Credit and Pet Assure....

03/29/2016

The doctors were very thorough and fully examined our older cat to identify all issues and provided care to improve her condition.Our cat was well taken care of and came home quickly after all tests were done. She is healthy now!

Description of Work
Blood work and x-rays on my older cat.

07/16/2015

Drs. Phillips, Glore, and Gray at Woodland Animal Hospital treat each of their patients as if they were their own. They've been providing veterinary services for my dog Molly for 14 years now, and I firmly believe Molly's longevity and quality of life are due in large part to their excellent care. I would not hesitate to trust them with any veterinary needs.

Description of Work
Ongoing general veterinary healthcare

05/31/2015

We had a good visit. The medical staff was punctional and professional.

Description of Work
Annual checkup and shots for our two Yorkies.

03/23/2015

It is a great place. Dr. Philips runs it and I couldn't ask for a better vet at that time. I still recommend them to anyone that I know is in the area. My son moved back to that area and I've recommended that they used Dr. Philips. They are fairly priced.

Description of Work
I've used them for boarding one time when I was back in the area.

Category veterinarian,kennels

Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it. We have enjoyed taking care of your pets over the years and look forward to meeting your son.

02/05/2015

The surgery went amazing! It went exactly like they promised, the doctor was extremely knowledgeable and was very receptive/ open to questions. My dog was a little drowsy the rest of the day after the surgery but the next morning she woke up like nothing was wrong. The incision and great and the stitches helped leaving no issues. Great overall experience and I will absolutely be using them again.

Description of Work
Gave my German Shepherd a microchip and spay surgery. I received a 6 month supply of medicine as well.

Category veterinarian

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of your very sweet dog. We appreciate it!

02/05/2015

They were fantastic people! I don't think we've gone back since we moved away, but I would highly recommend them. We had a cat that lived for 24 years and they treated him because I lived in Carmel and it was convenient. They treated him and that was how we got his age documented. They helped us when we run into problems eating and just everything. They were really great as far as their compassion and everything when my husband had to take him down and had him put to sleep. I lost 2 cats when 2 other veterinarians made mistakes like they said they declawed them but then my cat grew a claw that was ingrown. When they did the surgery, she died. I'm not happy with these VCA-type organizations, like one person owns several veterinary clinics. I got a kitten and they went to spay her and the same thing happened. They used too much anesthetic and it didn't get out of the liver and kidneys, and we lost the cat. That was how I ended up with the people at Woodland. With regards to price, they were pretty at the top of the scale probably because they are in Carmel. They had one location and due to the construction in Carmel, they had to move to where they are now. It's not as convenient because there is barely a driveway to pull in to. If anything severely goes where we don't feel that we're getting the care that we need, we have already decided that we will go back to them.

Description of Work
I took my cat to Woodland Animal Hospital and Pet Lodge for his shots.

07/19/2014

It went very well indeed. Dr. Gray and her technician were courteous, professional, and welcoming. We were introduced to others in the practice, and, while we had read about everyone's qualifications at Woodland's well-organized Website, we were impressed when we met them in person too. This was our original introduction to this practice, and we noted how skilfully and sensibly this first set of meetings went, especially considering that the practice, which includes grooming and boarding, could have seemed labyrinthine. Dr. Gray was able to explain complicated medical and technical matters in a clear, comprehensible manner that we appreciated, and we noted that both she and her technician allowed the patient (or the patient's owners) to guide the conversation and dictate the level of the explanation. We were fairly sure that, for one dog, a referral to a specialist would be needed, and this turned out to be true. Here, Dr. Gray made it clear what she could and could not do, and how the specialist's options would differ. We did choose to take her referral. We were also aware that one pet would require an echocardiogram, which could be done at this facility; we chose to do this, and Dr. Gray interpreted the findings helpfully. We were also helped by the sensitivity and professionalism of everyone at the practice when it turned out that one pet--the one with the sudden weight loss--was shown to have a large mass and we chose to euthanize her. When Dr. Gray and her team presented the possibilities to us, everyone helped us understand our pet's situation, her quality of life, and what might be in store for her. When we came to pick our pet, everyone at the practice was kind and supportive, including Dr. Gray, who came out to speak with us. We really appreciated the whole Woodland staff at this time.

Description of Work
We needed two dogs brought up to date with shots and annual exams. One dog required a referral to a specialist. We also got some needed prescriptions filled. We then brought in three more pets, two for routine shot and exam updates (one would require an annual echocardiogram) and a third for a sudden non-emergent weight loss that ultimately required an ultrasound.

Category veterinarian","boarding","pet groomer

07/15/2014

They have courteous staff. The specialize in bull dogs which is what we have so it's nice.

Description of Work
I use them for yearly vaccination and occasional boarding services.

Category veterinarian","boarding

06/30/2014

I took my cat Mia to Woodlawn Animal Hospital after reading the reviews and calling to discuss with the staff. Mia is a black long hair cat that has been groomed before at a different groomer and they had to give her anesthetic to make her sleep because she does not like to be groomed and have had issues taking her to others places that couldn't handle grooming her. But Lindsey was GREAT!! She took the whole day to groom her because when I called to check in on Mia, Lindsey got on the phone and told me she was doing great and didn't have to give her anything to calm her down. Lindsey told me that "you just have to take your time with them and let them rest". Mia looked great and got the cut that I wanted. Some groomers told me they either had to shave all her hair off or just brush her out. I asked Lindsey to make her just look like a short hair cut and that's exactly what she did. Plus since it was our first visit it was only $45 but regularly $70ish. I will be taking Mia back to Woodland and asking for Lindsey!

Description of Work
Groomed my cat.

Category veterinarian","pet groomer

06/16/2014

I've boarded my dog several times at Woodland using Groupons for 2 nights of boarding and one bath. If you can get the Groupon rate and the bath thrown in, it is definitely a good deal. Plus they thrown in daycare, which is great for the dogs! My one complaint is that charge another night's boarding if you can't pick up the pet before noon, which I think is really early. I wish that it was more like a 5 or 6pm pick up deadline. But I do like them very much and will definitely use in the future.

Description of Work
Dog boarding for 2 nights

Category veterinarian

Veterinary care for cats & dogs, routine visits & vaccinations, spays/neuters, ultrasounds, dental work, puppy & kitten care packages, diagnostic blood work, breeding & reproduction, bathing & nail trims, grooming & boarding.

Care for exotics, birds or other animals (besides cats and dogs).

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express