PLATINUM PAWS

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2004

9860 N MICHIGAN RD STE C

Carmel, IN 46032

OWNER OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY BREED & PET BEHAVIOR.

06/03/2017

Lee G.

They groomed our 9 year old cocker spaniel who had a bad experience at another groomer. They went to great lengths to make her comfortable. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
dog grooming

08/17/2016

Lisa S.

This shop was the most knowledgeable company I have ever had the pleasure to work with for my pet food. They answered all my questions and even though I lived 200+ miles away they still took the time to help me with my pet food questions and needs even mailing me food for my aging cat to help her. They are wonderful to work with and I would recommend them to anyone with pets.

Description of Work
Needed pet food for my aging cat.

Category pet stores

08/12/2015

Bethany W.

BC is always extremely knowledgeable about the food he carries. If it isn't human grade and they won't let him visit for inspections, he won't carry it. I trust him to provide me with the best quality food for my kiddos.

Description of Work
I completely trust my furbabies food needs to BC.

02/13/2015

DEBY A.

They're fantastic and really nice people. Their quality is always good. They're always busy, so you definitely need to schedule ahead of time. They're good at putting you on a wait list.

Description of Work
I started taking my Border Collie here; my dog was scared to death before the first visit. Cathy allowed my dog to walk around and see the other dogs, which put my dog at ease. I had a bath, brush out, and had her pay special attention to the nails. I dropped my dog off and picked her up in the afternoon.

09/27/2013

Fraun C.

They are a family owned business that I absolutely love. They groomed our dogs for the past nine years. They are a couple that goes above and beyond taking care of our animals. They have given us suggestions and will do anything to help. Their prices are extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
They groomed our dog Gracie who was a cavalier. Our one dog struggled with eating and they helped us figure out what food would be best.

07/03/2013

Elizabeth S.

They walk him around the store to get him use to the store. They play classical music to him. The grooming is always professional. When they are done my dog is calm and happy. They put a bandana around his neck afterwards.

Description of Work
They gave my dog a bath and groomed him.

08/15/2012

julie F.

They are prompt, efficient and caring. They do like to schedule regular clients for the whole year in advance, but that works good for us, as we know our dog will always be groomed every 6 weeks on the same day of the week and at the same time. They give friendly reminder calls, too.

Description of Work
Kathy, BC and their staff are amazing! I have taken my little shih-tzu to Platinum Paws for about 8 years and I trust them implicitly! They greet my little guy affectionately with pets and kisses and I am completely comfortable leaving him in their care. The salon is clean and fresh and the grooming always looks just great. They are also expert at recommending treatments to keep him healthy and looking great and at nutrition and training. I will never take this pup or any future dogs to any other groomer.

06/15/2012

Denise R.

My dog likes it and he comes home very cute. I like that they are privately owned and flexible. they have quality work, at a fair price with good service. They will charge a little extra if they have to brush out matts, which is fair. I have taken her to other groomers over the years and I feel that for the quality of work they are very fair. They are $20 to $30 dollars less for the same work with better service.

Description of Work
Platinum Paws is where I take my dog to get groomed. Its $50.00 for a 10 pound dog.

06/12/2012

Rachel D.

They are very attentive. It's pretty quiet there so it is a very comfortable environment for us to drop the dog at and they did a really good job.

Description of Work
We used platinum paws for our pet's grooming and wash.

09/28/2011

Kim S.

They trim her and bathe her to her breed standards. That is what I like about them. They are knowledgeable about what works for each diff dog type. Yes...it is tough to get in...don't read what that person wrote and gave them an F. I am guessing that person is living an unhappy life and likes to take it out on normal people. IF you book your appts in advance once you are a steady customer, you have no troubles. That has what I have done for the past 6 yrs...doesn't take a genius to figure that out. :) Oh and the food and treats they sell are incredible as well. They are very good at providing different diets if you are in the market for that. You can find them on facebook and they have cute Christmas Cards....the world is better because of these guys.

Description of Work
These guys are amazing! They only hire the best groomers to work for them and their standards are through the roof! I have been a happy and loyal customer for the past 6+ years. I was lucky to start with them when they first opened because yes...it is hard to get an appt but that is because there are about 250 dogs they see on a reg basis! Nobody wants to leave! I have an almost 15 yr old Brittany Spaniel that ADORES them. She is so excited to go and get groomed. We are very very lucky.

04/11/2011

MARILYN F.

They are good with the dogs. They are very pleasant. It is very clean. They do a good job with the trim. They just provide a quality service.

Description of Work
I use Platinum Paws based in North Michigan Road. They are my animal groomers. I have been going to them for 2-3 years. I recently visited them within the last month.

09/08/2010

Vicki S.

Kathy does a great job grooming out labradoodle. We have used her for almost 5 years and would not consider going anywhere else. Kathy always goes above and beyond. Her passion for animals shows in the way she interacts with both the pets and their owners. Our dog always looks great after she has been groomed. When a dog jumps up on the groomer and gives her a big kiss, you know they treat their canine clients well! They are very accomodating when it is necessary to change an appointment. They even worked our dog in for a flea bath/treatment when we got back in town from vacation before we ever went home so that we wouldn't have fleas in or house. Thank you for all you do - you definitely set the industry standard!!! Platinum Paws is the BEST!!!

Description of Work
Grooming

06/29/2010

Fraun C.

Every appointment goes very well and she always looks great when they are finished.

Description of Work
Our Cavalier King Charles is rather high maintenance. Gracie has had a standing appointment with Kathy since she opened the shop and has ALWAYS been catered to at every appointment. The entire staff is extrememly friendly and competent. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

06/28/2010

EMILY F.

These guys are the best. Disregard any negative comments. It's hard to get an appointment because Platinum Paws is the best and their customers are so loyal. My dog is groomed there monthly and is so exited to go to the "beauty shop" she leaps out of the car and runs in the shop. They love animals and are talented groomers. Lulu also went through dog training there and BC (the owner) was helpful months after the class ended, when we had behavior issues. They're terrific.

Description of Work
Grooming of my precious Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

06/28/2010

JEFFREY L.

I cannot express how appreciative I am of Kathie and the rest of the groomers in modifying my appointment time this week to get Lucy in for her grooming. The staff greeted us at the front desk and made sure Lucy was a happy dog before I left. As always, Lucy was done when the said she would be, in fact, they called when she was ready for pick up and to pick her up when I could this afternoon. Lucy looks fabulous as always as Platinum Paws has a great staff of groomers and are so great with Lucy. I will definitely keep showing up for our regular appointments. I cannot express how satisfied I am with Platinum Paws.

Description of Work
Lucy, my GoldenDoodle, was scheduled for her regular bathing and grooming appointment which includes a mudbath, shampooing and grooming.

05/11/2010

FRED & CHARLENE P.

This was a most positive experience. From the time we walked in the door, the staff played with our dog and made her feel loved and comfortable while I filled out paperwork. The result of their grooming was the best we have seen on her. And the true test was that our puppy was happy when I picked her up. In less than a week after our appointment, Platinum Paws sent us a thank you card signed by their staff for using them and told us what a cutie our puppy was. Said they looked forward to having her back. What pet owner doesn't like to hear that? It was a great experience.

Description of Work
They groomed our young dog.

09/25/2009

LOUISE N.

the do a great job everytime. my dog is a 4 pound terror, and they go above and beyond for her.

Description of Work
dog grooming

06/22/2009

Edrice S.

They are the best dog groomer in town. They are very professional and do a good job of grooming but, they are also very kind to my dogs. The staff is great and they have the dogs ready on time. There is no area that I would rate them low and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I take my dogs there for grooming.

10/14/2008

CATHY S.

I think they're a really good company. I started using them a year ago and now take my dog every six weeks to get groomed. I think it's a valuable service for the price.

Description of Work
We drop our dog off here to be groomed and trimmed.

01/08/2008

CAROL & PATRICK O.

He was a handful but they still managed to say all nice things about him. If the dog that we have now required grooming, we would take him here.

Description of Work
They groomed our dog. We used them for about a year.

10/17/2007

LEANNE B.

Platinum Paws did a perfect job. Spice's grooming was impeccable, not a hair out of place. I asked for the traditional breed clip and they were able to do it well. Not many groomers can do that. They also provided feedback as to how she behaved which was useful for me as I touch her up between professional grooms. They were also relatively quick at getting her done- other places would make me leave her all day from 7-5. I was able to bring Spice in at 9 and pick her up at about 3. This was lots easier on her.

Description of Work
They completely groomed my Portuguese Water Dog including bath, nail trim, etc.

10/04/2007

PHYLLIS B.

The owners have a gift in their abilities with animals. I'm so glad we found this place.

Description of Work
This is the perfect place to go for everything concerning your pet!The grooming services are terrific and they sell high quality pet food. Our dog loves going to the day care program. She gets so excited when we mention where we are heading.

Category dog trainers, pet grooming

07/31/2007

CAROLE F.

The dog is a very difficult dog and they did a great job. They called the day before to remind us of the appointment.

Description of Work
They gave my dog the best haircut that he'd ever had.

06/05/2007

Linda S.

Kathy does a great job with both our dogs. Our older dog has arthritis and they take their time with her. They are extremely gentle with her. One of the things that impressed me most was when I take the other dog in for bathing, Kathy always asks how the older dog is doing. That just shows they care about their clients. They always call when the dogs are ready to go home.

Description of Work
We have an older dog who we have shaved every 6 months. I also take my other dog there for bathing and the Furminator treatment. It cuts down on the shedding tremendously.

06/03/2007

JEN S.

After trying a few groomers we finally found the ones that have the warm/fuzzy/home feel! Kathie and her staff were excellent! Our dog was only there for a couple of hours. They have a terrific website. They sent a thank you note for follow up as well! A friend and Angie's List recommended them. We now highly recommend them too. It's the first time I felt the need to tip them.

Description of Work
We brought our Shih Tzu in for a full groom. I explained that we had a poor experience elsewhere. I also explained his allergies. The staff was wonderful. They used our shampoo/conditioner even though theirs was Hypo Allergenic also.

Animal Grooming
    Animal Training
    Pet Stores
    Satisfaction

Holistic Pet Foods and Grooming Services. We carry only the best foods for your dog or cat and we're happy to help you learn about what you are feeding. Our grooming services are rated Best in Indy!