Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming

Founded 1983 • With Angi since April 1997

1744 E 116th St

Carmel, IN 46032

In addition to the many awards our staff has received for pet styling, we are proud to announce our Director, Kristie Stewart NCMG is now one of the few Nationally Certified Master Groomers and her precision work is simply beautiful! Chelsie Snyder, NCMG our Assistant Director, has now also completed this extensive Certification and became the 7th NCMG in the State of Indiana, so having 2 of the 7 right here to serve you, we believe we can deliver the finest in services. We are so very proud of our dedicated, seasoned professionals as they are absolutely second to none! We were the very first State Accredited School for Pet Grooming in Indiana and the only one for nearly 20 years so you can expect top level styling for your pet!...

04/23/2020

Sarah W.

I enrolled in "the school" back in 2015. I graduated so I thought to be a certified groomer. I found out last year that they were not even accredited school. The whole time I was there I was completely lied to. They take your thousands of dollars pretend they are a school and they aren't. They are liars and thieves. Beware of these people.

Description of Work
Was a student

04/13/2017

Kelly S.

I had confidence I need their abilities and they were friendly.

Description of Work
Dog wash, hair trim and nails.

11/23/2016

Monica T.

It worked great. We like how they take care of the dogs. We like how they groomed. We have a particular guy that we go to. His name is Diggy, and he does a great job on grooming for dogs. Interaction with them is an A. How the work turned out is an A. Sure, I'll use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had a big deal purchase with Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming through Angie's List for the grooming of my two dogs.

10/20/2016

Rachel K.

Great. They blew out my dogs undercoat and had them looking great.

Description of Work
I have to shiba inus that have under coats that shed horriblely twice a year. This place is very knowledgeable about dogs in general and grooming specifically. They had great customer service and were willing to work with my schedule. My dogs love them. They are very good at what they do

05/18/2016

Genevieve J.

I have taken many of my dogs and foster dogs to Animal Arts and am always VERY pleased! My fosters aren't always the most cooperative kiddos, but the staff at Animal Arts works with their quirks to keep them looking and feeling good. It helps SO MUCH because these foster kids need to be groomed and handled to get used to being groomed and handled.

Description of Work
Bath and basic groom for my pom/pekingese mix

02/25/2016

peter A.

I am still awaiting a response from the company. I am assuming that I will not receive a response.

Description of Work
I specifically scheduled an appointment with a student groomer. I drive from Fishers which is 30 minutes away. I arrived to find out that my dogs would not be groomed by a student. Further, I would be charged full price that day. I was told that all of the students called in sick. I was also told that they could only do partial grooming since they are new students so I would never have received the student price. The owner was rude. She did not apologize nor tried to rectify the situation. The scheduler even verified that I was scheduled with a student that day so there was no error on my part. This wasn't my first appointment with the company. Further, the last grooming experience was poor. I requested a short cut for my animals. My husband picked the dogs up, and I was left to wonder if they were even groomed at all.

11/24/2015

Christy E.

They did a fantastic job and the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
They groomed my dog.

10/28/2015

Carl B.

Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming did a great job with my two cats (one of which, I have to admit, is quite difficult in environments where other animals are present). They did a great job giving the cats baths, clipping their claws, and cleaning their teeth. We'll certainly return!

Description of Work
Animal Arts Academy of Pet groomed my two cats.

10/01/2015

melissa W.

The length of fur was cut nicely but they cut her eyelashes! I did not notice until I got home, I was not happy about that. Also the girl that checked us in in the morning was not overly friendly and did not ask for a shot record. It was our first time there so I was not happy that they do not verify every dog is up to date on their shots. The girl that cut her was nice but not sure why in the world she would cut her eyelashes, she is 8 years old and that's a first. It also did not appear to be that clean. Unfortunately, I bought the two sessions but will not use the other one.

Description of Work
Groomed my 8 year old 11lb yorkipoo

Category pet grooming

Hello [Removed member name], I wanted to personally let you know I've reviewed this issue with out staff and am sorry for the problem you had with us. I can say that while sometimes people have "off days" regarding your check-in, I've made it clear that whatever issues may be going on that they should not reflect in greeting customers at work. This matter has been resolved in-house and I would like to invite you back for an entirely FREE GROOM in the hopes this will clear the air with you. Please contact us at: (317) 575-1122 and ask for Kristie Stewart NCMG, our Director, who also has assisted me in addressing your concerns. I'm sure we can make this right, given a chance.... Many thanks for posting this as it gives me a chance to address the issue. Kindest Regards, Kevin Stewart DD CPG Administrator Animal Arts Academy (317) 575-1122

04/23/2015

Barbara R.

They are priced very well. They care very much individually for each animal. We have an elderly dog that gets kind of anxious if he's there too long so they make sure they do him most promptly and get him out as quickly as possible because it's hard for him to be there all day. They are very much tuned into the needs of each individual dog. They are a training academy for dog groomers and they always ask if there is someone there that you particularly want to use.

Description of Work
I took my two 100 lb. dogs in for a bath and grooming today. We see them monthly.

02/23/2015

ELIZABETH P.

It was fine. They're the groomer I go to so I've used them several times. I've used them for a couple of years now. They do a good job and they're close to home. I use them all the time.

Description of Work
I went to them for grooming. They get shampooed and then they get cut. It includes nails.

01/03/2015

JENNIFER E.

Our Golden Retriever was in desperate need of a bath and trim. I had a vacation day so I called around to other groomers that are closer to me, but could not get an appointment. So I purchased an Angie's List Big Deal ($100 worth of services for $80) and gave Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming a try. They did a very nice job overall --- was very pleased with the trimming done around our dog's ears, feet, and tail (which are very noticible on a Golden). My dog was running around and playing with other dogs when I returned to pick him up at the end of the day --- very happy and not stressed from the experience. I recommend Animal Arts.

Description of Work
Bathed and groomed a Golden Retriever

10/27/2014

Kyle P.

I purchased the grooming special voucher that allowed me to take my dog and be groomed twice, six weeks apart. I had received the voucher as a gift; I normally take my dog to be groomed at another place. The work is just not as even close to be as good as I've seen from other professional groomers. I thought maybe it was just the first groomer, but took her back 6 weeks later and gave more detailed instructions on length and other specifications. Both times, the length was very uneven (some spots were 2" longer on one side than the other), there were several bare/bald spots where the groomer cut too close, and they didn't complete some of the other grooming that my regular groomers does (did not trim or cut hair in ears for example) and her face looked liked it had been cut with scissors by a child (choppy). Both grooming jobs reminded of a someone just learning to groom a dog, overall very amateur and not worth the high price. You can get better, full service at a Petsmart.

Description of Work
Groomed my cocker spaniel.

Category pet grooming

I must say I'm sorry to know of your experience here with Boozhee! After discussing this matter with the staff, I'm at a complete loss in understanding how exactly this could happen.. We are a nationally award winning salon and have multiple examples of our work posted on our Facebook site of the work we do on cocker spaniels. Both of the groomers on your records are very highly thought of in terms of their talents and we'd like the opportunity to make this right. I also noticed the work was actually done back in September and would like to have known about this at that time... It is my hope that you would please call me directly so we can discuss this. Kevin Stewart, Administrator, Animal Arts Academy, 317-575-1122 and thank you for your assistance in working this out. We have been in operation over 30 years now and since 1984, when we opened, I can say this situation is totally unique to me and nothing like this has ever happened in our salon before.

08/22/2014

Yvonne K.

They did not do what I asked them to do. When I picked my dog up, they totally messed them up. It took three times for me to come back and explain it to them. I even showed them pictures. They never got ahold of me even after I purchased their Big Deal at the time.

Description of Work
Professional Pet Grooming Services

07/28/2014

ELIZABETH P.

It was a good experience. I plan on returning soon. I have been with them for about a year, and I couldn't take my older dog just anywhere, and they do a pretty decent job with the dogs. Currently, they groom my 2 Malteses.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for $100 worth of Professional Pet Grooming Services for $80!

07/19/2014

Jeanne W.

Did a good with grooming the dog.

Description of Work
Groomed a dog

05/15/2014

Roben B.

It was pretty positive. We actually took them back another time after that and the staff was very friendly. They took good care of our dog. They were reasonably priced and we had a very good experience.

Description of Work
I've used Animal Arts Academy.

05/07/2014

Robert O.

It was wonderful! We have a long haired cat who had some mats. We had her groomed once before and it was over 200.00 and they put her to sleep for it. I found Animal Arts Academy on Angies List and gave them a try. They were more than friendly and were wonderful with our cat. She was done in a few hours and with no issues. They didn't shave her like I figured they would. The spent the time with their special tools and got her cleaned up and the mats out. We will be taking her back there on a regular basis now for them to take care of her.

Description of Work
Groomed our cat.

05/04/2014

Christopher H.

Animal Arts did a great job. I inherited a toy poodle from my Mother, who had not groomed the dog most of the winter, so she was a mess. Animal Arts did a great job getting her cleaned up and looking good. They were friendly and professional. Great job! I will do business with them in the future.

Description of Work
Fully groomed my toy poodle.

04/23/2014

Marsha F.

I made an appointment here for my golden retriever after reading the positive reviews on Angie's List. Unfortunately, my experience was much different from what others have reported. Upon entering the facility, my dog and I were met by a woman named Chelsea who was incredibly impatient, rude and unfriendly. She began taking my information and asked me what kind of haircut I would like for my dog, but anytime I hesitated on an answer or asked her for her opinion, she rolled her eyes and acted like she did not have the time to speak with me. She asked me if I wanted a de-shedding treatment, to which I responded that my dog is afraid of the furminator brush. She stared at me (again rolled her eyes) and made me feel like a complete idiot for thinking they used a furminator for de-shedding the dogs. I told her about my concern for my dog being afraid of the groomer and she absolutely did not care. When I looked behind her I saw a small white dog clipped onto one of the grooming tables, not being touched by a groomer, who was shaking and obviously nervous. Not one of the 3 woman who were working bothered to pay any attention to this dog who was just sitting on the table alone. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the quality of grooming provided by the Animal Arts Academy because I couldn't leave my dog with such unfriendly, uncaring people for long enough to find out. If you are looking for a friendly grooming salon where your pet will be cared for, this is absolutely not the place. I left almost as quickly as I walked in and I will never be coming back.

Description of Work
My dog & I left before any grooming services were provided.

Category pet grooming

I would like to offer an apology for any misunderstand that may have happened the day you came in. As the administrator, I can say our staff consists of highly trained specialists but being human, perhaps anyone can have a "bad day" in terms of the way they may socially comport themselves. As I was not here that day, I can't speak directly to these allegations. I can say this matter has been addressed and dealt with and what I CAN do, is this; offer you a completely FREE groom due to these unfortunate circumstances and have you book your appointment with my wife, Kristie Stewart, who is a nationally known show groomer and instructor and has her Masters Certification in Poodles, which is the most difficult breed to do. Please give us a call at 317-575-1122 and it is my hope you give us a chance to make this right as I feel if you would do so, you would be more than satisfied at the results and the service as thousands of clients down through the years have been as well.

04/19/2014

Cheryl M.

Great, the employee's are polite and professional. The bath/grooming was fine. The best part is the dogs are allowed to wander/mingle in the store (contained) after the service. This is great for us since we don't have to picture them caged up during the time they are there. This is a real perk in our opinion.

Description of Work
Bath and grooming, two dogs, one Poodle/Maltese, one Maltese. We prefer puppy cuts, so we are not talking fancy cuts, just normal stuff.

04/07/2014

Lisa Y.

The service for the big deal from Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming was good. I just used them the one time. They did a good job. I don't know if I will go back. I liked that the coupon was a good price. They did a good job on the dog. I haven't used them enough to recommend them or not. I wouldn't necessarily use them again, I would or would not, I am not strong to it. I would go if I got another coupon to go there again I would go. That was the reason why I went there, it was the coupon.

Description of Work
I used the big deal from Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming of '100 dollars worth of professional pet grooming for 80 dollars'.

03/21/2014

Angie E.

We haven’t had any bad experiences compared to other groomers. I think my dog is happy there and I love their services.

Description of Work
I use Animal Arts Academy of Pet Grooming for animal grooming services.

02/26/2014

Linda S.

I thought the grooming around the face and on the legs could have been a little better, rather choppy. Nice people. Have more $ left on my service. Will go back probably again before summer.

Description of Work
Bathed and groomed 2 mini schnauzers. I liked it that the dogs were allowed to run loose in the area after their grooming. They were finished on time and to our schedule.

02/25/2014

MARGARET F.

I liked the vibe of this place. The groomers and the dogs seemed happy to be there.

Description of Work
Groomed my 10 lb. dog. Wash and haircut.

Animal Grooming
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

All-Breed Pet Grooming, Precision Show Grooming. Special requests. For your convenience, you may also TEXT message us directly! Please send SMS requests to: (317) 210-8748 and we will respond promptly! Many thanks for considering Animal Arts for your pet grooming services! Best Regards, Kevin Stewart DD CPG, Administrator, Animal Arts Academy, (317) 575-1122

Shots, Spays, Neuters, & Veterinary services.