GRAPEVINE PRODUCTIONS

Founded 1985 • With Angi since January 2003

615 BRISTLE LAKE CIR

Brownsburg, IN 46112

COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB....

08/28/2015

Randy D.

We used Ty as our DJ for our wedding reception and could not have been happier. Ty was professional, easy to work with and had a lot of great recommendations. We had a lot of special requests for Ty and he was able to do each one to perfection. The lighting and music set the tone for the entire wedding reception and everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend Grapevine if you need a DJ for any event and would encourage you to request Ty.

Description of Work
We used Grapevine as the DJ for our wedding. We met with our DJ, Ty, twice before the wedding reception for a consultation and to finalize all of the details. Not only did Ty DJ our wedding, but he also took care of all of the lighting for the reception. Grapevine is a very professional organization and I strongly recommend their services if you are in need of a DJ.

07/29/2009

KENNETH & MARY S.

They were professional and did exactly what we wanted. They were on time and professionally dressed.

Description of Work
They provided the music for our wedding reception for four hours.

03/03/2009

Jennifer S.

My initial contact with Mark was pleasant - I had emailed him to make sure he was available for my date and then asked some pretty standard questions like if he had DJ'd at the venue before, what type of equipment he had, etc. He answered my questions promptly and directed me to his FAQ page on his website - where he states that you can make a custom play list. I was super excited about this and emailed him asking how many songs I could pick out and what I had in mind. He emailed me back right away stating "I'm afraid I am no longer available for your reception," I was shocked. I emailed letting him know that he had just told me not more than 30 hours earlier that he could do it and I asked why? He emailed me back admitting that in fact he was available but wasn't comfortable with the amount of music I wanted to pick. I only asked if I could request 20 play songs...are you kidding me? I thought his job was to DJ which would include playing the songs we wanted? I was more upset about the fact that he lied to me and that he offered us to create a playlist but then decided against it. I thought it was unprofessional and if he doesn't want people to pick out their songs then he shouldnt offer that service, but I can't imagine anyone not wanting to choose the songs played at their wedding, or any event for that matter.

Description of Work
I contacted Mark Beecher for DJ services for my wedding reception in the summer.

Category party planning

I'M SORRY TO SEE THAT THIS MEMBER WAS DISSATISFIED WITH HER INITIAL CONTACT WITH GRAPEVINE PRODUCTIONS. GRAPEVINE STRIVES TO MAKE EVERY CLIENT A SATISFIED CUSTOMER AND THAT INCLUDES MAKING SURE THAT WE ARE THE RIGHT SERVICE FOR WHAT THE CLIENT IS SEEKING. SOMETIMES WE DETERMINE THAT WE ARE NOT THE BEST COMPANY FOR THE CLIENT. THAT CAN COME TO A SHOCK TO SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE USED TO A SALESPERSON SAYING ANYTHING THEY THINK THE POTENTIAL CLIENT WANTS TO HEAR TO GET THEIR BUSINESS. THAT IS NOT OUR WAY. OUR BOTTOM LINE IS SATISFACTION NOT PROFIT - SATISFACTION WILL EARN REWARDS. IF WE FEEL WE CANNOT SATISFY A CUSTOMER WE WILL DIRECT THAT PERSON TO A COMPANY BETTER SUITED TO THEIR NEEDS - THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS CASE. I'M SORRY IF THE MEMBER WAS OFFENDED, BUT TURNING DOWN HER EVENT WAS IN BOTH OUR BEST INTERESTS. WE INVITE ALL MEMBERS TO TRY OUT OUR CUSTOM MUSIC REQUEST SYSTEM. IT'S A WEB SERVICE THAT WE PAY EXTRA FOR THROUGH AN OUTSIDE COMPANY THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO CREATE MUSIC LISTS BASED ON THREE CATEGORIES MUST PLAY, PLAY IF POSSIBLE AND DO NOT PLAY LISTS. WE ENCOURAGE CLIENTS TO SELECT AS MUCH OF THE MUSIC FOR THEIR EVENT AS TIME ALLOWS. HOWEVER, DURING AN INITIAL INTERVIEW IF WE FIND A CLIENT WHO WANTS MUSIC SUCH AS RAVE TECHNO, MUSIC WITH VULGAR UNEDITED LYRICS, HARD CORE HEAVY METAL OR OTHER MUSIC THAT WE FEEL UNSUITED AS A COMPANY TO PLAY, WE WILL HAVE TO RESPECTFULLY DECLINE THE EVENT.

10/25/2008

Candice K.

My wife contacted several DJ's, some from Angie's List and some from the reception hall's list of 'known good dj's'. Grapevine was the only service on both lists. And they were the only one that returned our calls promptly. We met with our DJ (Chris Miller) almost a year before the wedding. He was nice, professional, and answered all our questions. He also gave us some advice that turned out to be very good - as we watched several other weddings and DJs prior to our wedding we grew more and more confident that we had made the right choice. Chris wore a Tux (at our request) and was very professional -his introduction was great. He got all of our songs right. There were no mistakes. He stuck to his (our) guns about songs and music that we didn't want played at the reception - He said it best, "I work for you." At the start I felt the price was steep, but I'm glad we chose Chris and Grapevine Productions - we would absolutely hire them again!

Description of Work
The provided the music and MC at our wedding reception.

12/11/2007

Tracy S.

Everything went GREAT! Mark was recommended to us by our reception site, the Skyline Club. We reviewed Angie's List and find more positive remarks before we met Mark for an initial meeting. We met Mark prior to the reception to plan the music for our evening. He gave us recommendations to make the evening go more smoothly, advice to stay together the entire evening, and asked plenty of questions to try to get to know us and develop a sense of the type of party we were wanting. Mark did an excellent job at the reception. Our guests had a fabulous time - as did we! We would definitely recommend Mark and Grapevine for future events.

Description of Work
Marked served as the DJ for our wedding reception at the Skyline Club.

08/21/2007

SAM AND LILY R.

Mark was fantastic! He helped us in the planning stages tremendously and his website was a huge tool that we took advantage of, being able to choose the songs we wanted played. He made many great suggestions, even at the last minute before we were to be introduced, he helped us to play up our introduction before the actual lyrics to the song started (the song had a long narrated intro which we didn't realize). Mark played just about every song we suggested and we loved the ones he chose to play in between. We weren't certain when our reception would end, but he was flexible and stayed until the very end. All our guests had a wonderful time and danced till past 2 in the morning.

Description of Work
Mark was our emcee and DJ for our wedding reception at the Omni Severin. He announced all important events, such as introductions of the bridal party, cake cutting, first dance, parent dances, etc. He played all of our music selections and helped keep the dance floor active.

10/23/2006

AMI H.

Mark was very professional and catered to our unique, non-traditional requests with regard to ceremony/reception music and set-up. He was very organized and the night was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend Grapevine!

Description of Work
Mark Beecher provided DJ entertainment for our wedding and also the music for our ceremony.

06/27/2006

Stephen U.

Mark was very professional in the way he looked and with the equipment that he provided. He performed his work in a very professional manner.

Description of Work
Mark Beecher was the Dj at our daughter's wedding reception.

09/02/2005

Jim E.

GRAPEVINE'S PROFESSIONALISM IS SECOND TO NONE. MARK'S ABILITY TO READ CROWDS AND PLAY MUSIC ACCORDINGLY IS EXCELLENT. GRAPEVINE'S ORGANIZATION AND CAREFUL ATTENTION TO DETAIL CREATED A WONDERFUL WEDDING RECEPTION ENVIRONMENT FOR US AND OUR GUESTS. THEIR PLANNING TOOLS (SOME AVAILABLE ON-LINE) MAKE THE PROCESS VIRTUALLY STRESS-FREE AND ARE EASY TO USE.

Description of Work
MARK DJ'D OUR WEDDING RECEPTION AT UNION STATION ON AUGUST 13, 2005

07/01/2004

E B.

I HAD TOLD HIM AHEAD OF TIME THAT THIS WAS A GROUP OF KIDS THAT DIDN'T DO A LOT OF DANCING AND THEY WOULD NEED MORE GAMES, HE SAID NO PROBLEM. HE GOT HERE AND HAD NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING.

Description of Work
HE WAS SUPPOSED TO ENTERTAIN A BUNCH OF 14 YEAR OLDS FOR A GRADUATION PARTY.

Category party planning

THE KIDS WERE UNRULY, UNCOOPERATIVE AND HOSTILE TOWARD OUR DJ. 14 YEAR OLD BOYS THAT NEEDED A RIOT SQUAD TO DIRECT THEM. WE BROUGHT GAMES AND PRIZES NOT PEPPER SPRAY. THE CLIENT WAS CORRECT THAT WE WENT IN UNPREPARED.

01/08/2004

WILLIAM & CO D.

THE GUYS WERE VERY CUTE! THE WOMEN LOVED THEM. THE MEN THOUGHT THEY WERE VERY GOOD ALSO!

Description of Work
SURPRISE 40TH BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH A D.J.

10/09/2003

JEFF & GRETCHEN L.

MARK IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND EASY TO WORK WITH. HE DID A FANTASTIC JOB AS OUR D.J. WE WOULD RECOMMEND MARK TO ANY COUPLE PLANNING A WEDDING.

Description of Work
MARK WAS THE DJ AT OUR WEDDING RECEPTION.

09/03/2003

GLENN D.

HE WAS TOLD THAT HE WOULD BE STATIONED BEHIND A SCREEN DURING THE CEREMONY WHICH WOULD BE REMOVED FOR THE RECEPTION. THE STAFF OF THE VENUE FORGOT TO REMOVE THE SCREEN, BUT HE NEVER MADE ANY MOVE OR COMMENT HIMSELF ABOUT REMOVING THE SCREEN. HE COULD HAVE BEEN MORE PROACTIVE REGARDING HIS OWN DEALINGS DURING THE GOINGS-ON.

Description of Work
WE HIRED HIM AS OUR WEDDING DJ.

09/02/2003

JACK R.

MARK DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB WITH MUSIC SELECTION AND HAS A GREAT LIGHT SHOW. HE ACTS AS A HOST AND COORDINATOR, WHICH FREES UP HIS CLIENTS TO SPEND TIME WITH GUESTS INSTEAD OF COORDINATING SEVERAL SERVICE PROVIDERS. MARK WAS ALWAYS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND ORGANIZED AND GAVE US HINTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE OUR RECEPTION. MARK WAS GREAT AT GETTING PEOPLE FROM ALL AGES TO DANCE AND GET INVOLVED. OUR GUESTS WERE HIGHLY COMPLIMENTARY TOWARD HIM. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND MARK FOR ANY SPECIAL EVENT.

Description of Work
MARK PROVIDED DJ SERVICE FOR OUR WEDDING RECEPTION.

08/23/2003

KIMBERLY H.

WE MET WITH HIM TWICE. HE HAS A USER FRIENDLY WEBSITE TO PICK OUT MUSIC. AT THE WEDDING, HE PLAYED THE MUSIC FOR THE PROCESSION, LIGHTING CANDLES, ETC. GREAT JOB! HE THEN HIGH-TAILED IT TO THE RECEPTION SITE AND HAD EVERYTHING READY WHEN WE ARRIVED. WE HAD A LOT OF KIDS THERE, AND I REMEMBER HE PLAYED 2-3 KIDS SONGS BUT HAD ALL OF US PARTICIPATE. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN. MARK IS EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL AND ACCOMMODATING. I HEARD ABOUT HIM FROM A CO-WORKER WHO HAD HEARD ABOUT HIM FROM A FRIEND. THEY ALL LOVED HIM TOO. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS ON ANGIE'S LIST UNTIL NOW. HE DESERVES TO BE HERE! THANKS MARK FOR MAKING OUR DAY SO SPECIAL! I KNOW HE HAS A NUMBER OF DJ'S WHO WORK WITH HIM, WE ACTUALLY GOT MARK, HIMSELF. I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MARK'S WORK. TRY TO GET HIM IF YOU CAN!

Description of Work
MARK PROVIDED MUSIC AT OUR WEDDING AND RECEPTION.

07/08/2003

LORI K.

OUR WEDDING RECEPTION WAS A GREAT SUCCESS IN SPITE OF THE DJ. HE DID NOT HONOR ANY OF THE REQUESTS WE MADE OF HIM. IN OUR INITIAL MEETING WE DISCUSSED THAT WE DID NOT WANT HIM TO TAKE ANY REQUESTS. HE TOOK REQUESTS ANYWAY. HE DID NOT FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE WE GAVE HIM TO EMCEE THE EVENING. WE HAD TO ASK HIM TO ANNOUNCE TOASTS, THE FIRST DANCE ETC. THE FIRST DANCE TURNED OUT TO BE THE 4TH OR 5TH SINCE HE STARTED DANCE MUSIC WITH NO REGARD TO OUR FIRST DANCE. HE DID NOT FOLLOW OUR FINAL PLAY LIST WE MAILED AND DISCUSSED WITH HIM THE WEEK OF OUR WEDDING. HE PLAYED MUSIC THAT DID NOT EVEN FIT THE TIME PERIOD WE REQUESTED HE PLAY MUSIC FROM. WE PAID FOR A BUBBLE MACHINE THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN UNPACK UNTIL WE ASKED HIM WHERE THE BUBBLES WERE. HE DID AT LEAST PLAY THE DINNER MUSIC WE REQUESTED. UNFORTUNATELY HE DID NOT ANNOUNCE THE TABLES FOR THE BUFFET CAUSING THERE TO BE A LINE. HE HAD TOLD US HE WOULD EMCEE AND TAKE CARE OF THESE THINGS. HE SAID LITTLE OR NOTHING AT THE RECEPTION!

Description of Work
PROVIDED MUSIC FOR OUR WEDDING RECEPTION...WAS ALSO SUPPOSE TO EMCEE

Category party planning

I TREATED THE OCCASION AS ALL SPECIAL OCCASIONS. THAT IS, TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES. AT THE END OF THE EVENT, THE COUPLE THANKED ME WITH GREAT ENTHUSIASM. I WAS GIVEN A LIST OF DINNER MUSIC WHICH I FOLLOWED. WHEN THE MUSIC ON THE LIST RAN OUT, I PLAYED TRANSITION MUSIC UP TO THE FIRST DANCE. THE BANQUET MANAGER RELEASED TABLES. ALTHOUGH THE BUBBLE MACHINE WAS NOT ON THE CONTRACT, WHEN ASKED, I SET IT UP AND EVEN GAVE THEM A $50 REFUND. 90% OF THE MUSIC WAS FROM THE CLIENT LIST AND ONLY 10% GUESTS REQUESTS... I RECEIVED MANY COMPLIMENTS FROM THE GUESTS AT THE EVENT.

01/27/2003

LESLEY W.

ASK FOR CHRIS MILLER. HE WAS EXCELLENT.

Description of Work
WE HIRED GRAPEVINE PRODUCTIONS TO PROVIDE OUR DJ ENTERTAINMENT FOR OUR WEDDING.

Entertainment/Parties
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

DISC JOCKEY SERVICE, WEDDINGS & ENTERTAINMENT FOR ANY SPECIAL EVENT, SOUND RE-ENFORCEMENT & PA, WIRELESS MICROPHONES, PARTY FAVORS, KARAOKE, GAME SHOW MANIA, LIGHT SHOW & EFFECTS, DANCERS & PARTY MOTIVATORS, BUBBLE MACHINE & FOG, ETHNIC MUSIC AVAILABLE. EXTENSIVE MUSIC LIBRARY. CUSTOM PACKAGES INCLUDE PRE-PARTY CONSULTATION & DELIVERY. SET-UP & TEAR-DOWN ARE NEVER CHARGED.