Wyse Eyecare

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2008

900 Skokie Blvd 150

Northbrook, IL 60062

Dr Tamara Wyse is a board certified ophthalmologist (MD), who is also a fellowship trained glaucoma specialist. She provides general eyecare, but specializes in glaucoma (medical, laser, and surgical treatment) and cataracts (using state of the art technologies including multifocal, accommodating, and astigmatism correcting lens implants to allow patients to be more independent of glasses and contact lenses). Dr Wyse has performed thousands of surgeries. We also have a highly skilled optometrist, Dr Ziefert, for contact lens fittings. We accept most medical insurance and have a very friendly and knowledgeable staff....

03/04/2015

MIC J.

The appointment started on time, all the staff was very professional, explained what they were doing and used state of the art equipment. Dr Wyse was running behind scheduled and apologized for running late. I have no problem with her running late as I know it happens to all of us, her recognition of it was much appreciated. Dr Wyse was did a good job of explaining her findings and next steps. I would definitely use her services again. I also like that they are part of NorthShore Health System so I can view my records on line.

Description of Work
General eye exam and check up

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our practice-- we hope to see you again in the future!

11/01/2014

Denise F.

Dr. Wyse was able to take me the next day, and I was very appreciative. She did a thorough exam and calmed my fears. Dr. Wyse is obviously very knowledgeable and she has a wonderful bedside manner. I had to go back for a follow up appointment and was delighted to be able to get a very early (7:15am) appointment. I will definitely go to Dr. Wyse in the future and heartily recommend her to anyone looking for a new eye doctor.

Description of Work
Had an emergency eye issue (floaters).

Category ophthalmology

Thanks so much for the nice review! So glad we were able to check things out promptly and reassure you. We look forward to seeing you in the future! Tamara

12/15/2013

Robert R.

I had an annual eye exam with particular emphasis on diabetes related eye degradation. Dr. Wyse is great. Totally professional, explains clearly and completely the procedures performed and the results and what they mean relative to my overall eye health. I have been seeing Dr. Wyse for 3 years now and have been completely satisfied.

Category optometrist

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our practice and for your lovely comments. Have a wonderful holiday season! Tamara

08/20/2013

She's very thorough and friendly. They do their job. She's pretty busy.

Description of Work
Dr. Tamara B. Wyse is my eye doctor.

07/09/2013

MARGIE N.

Very professional and friendly office. I went because I needed a check- up before getting new glasses. She saw me on time and was very easy to inter- act with. I didn't feel rushed and she answered all my questions. Very pleasant experience

Description of Work
Yearly eye check-up.

Category ophthalmology

thank you very much for your kind words!

05/20/2013

Mike H.

My experience with her is excellent. She really takes time to listen to her clients concerns, explains everything she is doing and is very thorough.

Description of Work
I have seen Dr. Wyse twice now after finding her on Angie's List. I went in because I had a problem, she handled it very well.

Category ophthalmology

Thanks so much for your kind review! Tamara

04/02/2013

MARY L.

I didn't have to wait long before I was examined by the person who did the eye exam (not the Dr.). The exam was done efficiently by the technician and then Dr. Wyse came in to do a quick check of the findings and a small visual exam. The staff at the front desk was ok. It's quite a busy practice with a lot of employees. As I left they told me they were filing the insurance for me, which is always a big help..

Description of Work
I was experiencing some blurriness at times when using my computer. It was also time for a regular exam. Dr. Wyse and her staff are very professional. This is a very large practice, so it took me by surprise to walk into a waiting room with many patients because I had always gone to smaller practices before. The technician did the actual exam instead of the Dr., again something I'm not used to. Dr. Wyse herself was very pleasant, although I only saw her for a few minutes.

Category ophthalmology

Hi (Member name removed)- Thanks for your nice review. I just wanted to let you know that I always do the actual eye exam on the patient-- our technicians do the refraction (testing of the glasses prescription) and the preliminary tests, but I didnt want you to think that your eyes were not examined by a physician. I really hope you did not feel the exam was cursory- I always check for cataracts, glaucoma, macular issues, retinal vasculature and retinal pathology, dry eye, etc., but if your eyes are in good health, it may not be a long exam. Please know that questions at the time of the exam or after, are always welcome, and we take as much time as is needed. Feel free to call if you have any further concerns or questions-- I always am happy to call back and discuss with you. Thanks again for taking the time to review our practice. Tamara

03/21/2013

Brigitte B.

She fit him in for an emergency eye exam. She was great. They were very good and accommodating.

Description of Work
Ophthalmology

01/11/2013

Patricia K.

Dr. Ziefert was fantastic. She performed a comprehensive eye exam; listened carefully; and, was incredibly kind and professional. She diagnosed an eye irritation, prescribed an antibiotic as well as a treatment regimen that made me eyes feel better immediately. After my visit, I had my husband make an appointment straightaway, and he also had a very positive experience. The entire team at Wyse Eyecare was helpful and responsive.

Description of Work
NA

01/09/2013

Charles T.

Dr Wyse's professionalism is unsurpassable and her knowledge of medicine beyond her field and immediate co-ordination with my other doctors resulted in a same day resolution of my vision issues.

Description of Work
Eye exam for vision issues.

12/31/2012

Elizabeth V.

I see Dr. Wyse annually and couldn't be more pleased with her professionalism and knowledge. It's also great that she can perform surgery - not that I need any now! - but it's good to know that in the [distant?] future I have a doctor who I can rely on for a variety of possible situations. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a quality ophthalmologist.

Description of Work
Dr. Tamara Wyse is very complete with the eye exam - with the usual acuity and glaucoma testing and a very detailed review of both eyes. As with most doctors, the initial screening is provided by an aide and then Dr. Wyse checks for changes or problems. She's also proactive and very good with suggestions as to diet, care of eyes, etc., and makes it clear that if any new problem emerges, she is on call to help you immediately.

10/13/2012

ANDREW F.

I've been receiving routine eye care from Dr. Wyse for many years. I think she's superb. She seems to clearly understand the full breadth of issues in the patients she sees. Fortunately, my needs have all been pretty routine, but I have referred friends when they have had issues that have come up, and they have been very pleased with the way that she guided them through the issues. Great care, great judgement in making recommendations. Staff around her seems very good as well.

Description of Work
I receive routine eye care from Dr. Wyse.

03/16/2012

They are very professional and personable. They do a great job.

Description of Work
I went there to get a problem I was having checked out.

02/25/2012

Cass W.

I was seen promptly, everything was explained (as it always is) and I got great attention. They even requested and received my records from her former medical office (before she branched out on her own). I have been seeing Dr. Wyse for years and know I am with a top notch professional.

Description of Work
My annual appointment. As always Dr. Wyse and her staff are extremely professional, competent and personable.

02/02/2012

Patricia M.

.Once again,I hit the jackpot in terms of wonderful doctors to deal with.You don't have to wait long to get an appointment.Everything turned out very well with my cataract surgery.She answers all your questions and doesn't rush you through things.I have no complaints.I will use her again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
.I went to Dr. Wyse for cataract surgery.

09/14/2011

BENNETT K.

Dr. Wyse is excellent, and is supported by an efficient and friendly office staff. She explained why it would be advisable to use two different types of multifocal lenses as inplants, based upon my prior eye history. She performed the surguries two weeks apart at a specialized local surgical center, followed by a very extensive (or exhaustive!) sequence of eye drops and examinations that lasted over three months. At that point, she performed an office laser procedure to remove a layer of cells on the implant lenses, which she had told me right after the surgury would be needed but had to wait for healing.

Description of Work
Cataract surgury on both eyes. This was an elective procedure that I had advised in 2010 would be needed.

07/06/2011

Trudy T.

Ms. Wyse’s manner is caring, gentle, and reassuring. She seems incredibly knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Optometry appointment

05/16/2011

Lauritz G.

Dr. Wyse saw me as an emergency after I had a horrible case of pink eye and the ER team I saw didn't prescribe a strong enough medication. I had called her office after two days (as instructed by the ER) and was not currently a patient. However, she squeezed me in at the end of a long day, gave me a prescription for stronger medication, and made sure she saw me a few days later to ensure that I was on the road to recovery. She also made sure my appointment later that week was early enough for me to still get to work on time, as I was returning after being out for maternity leave. Dr Wyse and her staff were outstanding! As a new mom, I appreciated them taking care of me so I could take care of my little guy. I will be returning to them as a patient for all future optical needs.

Description of Work
Dr. Wyse saw me as an emergency after I had a horrible case of pink eye.

08/13/2010

DON D.

waited an intolerable amount of time after dilation. This was not typical from prior experiences - I think they simply forgot about me.

Description of Work
annual eye exam

07/09/2010

Marilynn K.

I saw her for several years while I lived in that area. I don’t live in that area anymore. She tested my eyes for retinopathy and glasses. She was nice and professional. Her quality of care was good. She was very good and I would like to go back to her if possible.

Description of Work
I used Dr. Tamara B Wyse for ophthalmology about 7 to 10 years ago.

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

08/10/2009

JACOB R.

I thought that she was very good, professional and very knowledgeable about the situation. She seemed to be on top of everything. The office staff was very good and they took care of me right away. They were very courteous as well.

Description of Work
Dr. Wyse is my ophthalmologist and my last visit was for an eye exam.

06/16/2009

CLAIRE E Z.

She is a very good doctor. She takes time with me and listens to me. She is also very easy to talk to and competent. The staff is also very good.

Description of Work
Dr. Wyse is my optometrist and I have been going to her for a very long time. I usually see her once a year.

05/15/2009

PATRICK B.

She is easy to talk to and is very competent. I would recommend her to others.

Description of Work
She is my ophthalmologist.

03/11/2009

LAUREL M.

Dr. Tamara Wyse came to her office one morning at 7AM to relieve the pain from the discomfort I was experiencing. She is just terrific. I was referred to her by my physician. She is quite generous with samples. I will continue to use her.

Description of Work
Dr. Tamara Wyse is my optometrist. She worked with me for dry eye irritation and an exam.

03/11/2009

Christopher J.

Dr. Tamara Wyse is very thorough. Since she works in a clinic she has a lot of patients so waiting time can be quite long at times. But regardless she is very good. I am moving soon so I won t need her services anymore.

Description of Work
Dr. Tamara Wyse is my ophthalmologist. My last visit was for a general eye exam.

Eye Care - Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - Optometry
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Complete eye exams and general eyecare, specialized testing for glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataract evaluation, diabetic damage, etc. contact lens fittings, in office laser treatment for glaucoma, other office procedures. Cataract and glaucoma surgery performed in nearby surgicenter.