Haus Von Brader

Founded 1975 • With Angi since March 2012

4.1

Animal Training
Animal Grooming

Additional address - 2622 DesPlaines Ave North Riverside, IL 60546....

11/02/2020

Great, Frank explains what to do and how to do it. It was up to me to practice the dog every day. He is calm and gentle with the animals and the owners. But he doe expect you to do the work. He just helped me train my dog for Therapy Dog and I'm delighted. This is my 3rd dog trained by Frank and I wouldn't have any one else.

Description of Work
Had all my pet Trained by Frank Brader for proper behavior .

04/28/2017

Mr. Brader is an outstanding trainer - Patient with both the handlers and the dogs. I couldn't ask for a better trainer. He's open to questions and assistance and seems to have an immediate sixth-sense about each dog in class. If you want the best - see Frank Brader.

Description of Work
Beginner dog obedience training

01/14/2016

They had there prior class demonstrating for us. Their methods are harsh and outdated. I never returned for any other classes and never received any money back.

Description of Work
I went to one class.

11/03/2014

Frank's resume might look good on paper but he is terrible in person. Frank is not a people person and lacks social skills for interacting with his customers. During training, if an individual was having difficulty working with their dog, Frank would attempt to take control of the dog and teach them whatever it was that we were working on. However, when Frank was unable to get the dog to listen to...

Description of Work
Dog training in a group environment.

09/09/2014

Not open for questions before or after class. Frank has his friends working with you, but never directly him. Large group, uses choker as a method of training. When pet owners have problems he takes their dog (in front of the entire class) and show he can handle their dogs and then returns the dog back to owner to make the owner feel bad about their ability to work with her dogs. He barks orders t...

Description of Work
Train dogs in a large group session.

02/27/2014

It's awesome. Everything is good. He is very professional and very personalized with his approach to training. He is very good. It costs $190 for 9 weeks of training.

Description of Work
Frank Brader of Haus Von Brader trains my dog.

07/02/2013

I took the beginning class with Frank for my newly adopted dog, and I was really impressed! The dog is manageable and responds to my commands. He doesn't pull on the leash, knows how to heel, sit, lie down and stay. A properly trained dog is a pleasure to own, and Frank knows how to help you train your own dog. I am now enrolled in the advanced class to learn off-leash training and assure my dog is safe wherever we go together.

Description of Work
Group dog training.

04/29/2013

It is a ten week course. You will finish this course with a dog that you will enjoy.. All bad habits will be broken and all the basic commands sit, stay heel.etc will be taught.

Description of Work
I have been taking Dogs to Haus Von Brader dog training for 30 years now...You won't find a better training course out there.

04/23/2013

Everything I expected from a dog trainer I found with Frank Brader. I think it is important to mention that I am not new to dogs and dog training. But in all my years of training I have never found anyone of the caliber of training I got from Frank Brader. I have personally witnessed him being able to address any issues that might arise during the training process. Frank is an awesome person who wants each of his dog/handler teams to succeed. Nothing makes him happier. Your dog will come away being de-sensitized to most any situation you could possibly dream up. After spending the last 4 years training with Frank I can't imagine any other trainer that could even come close to his knowledge in dog training. I give Frank the highest marks possible in my review.

Description of Work
I first want to say that I have been an 11 year member of the Edward Animal Assisted Therapy program.. When I first started with Frank Brader I had a totally untrained year old golden retriever puppy. She was a very introverted, afraid, shy ex-show dog perspective. I began her training in Frank's 9 wk beginner class at the VFW Hall in Naperville, IL. I kept Jackie in Frank's class for the next year. Only one year later I temperament tested Jackie for the Edward program and she passed with flying colors. She became my 3rd dog in the program. I kept Jackie in Frank's class throughout the next year to keep improving her obedience skills. By the next June I brought home a new golden puppy. When he turned 4 months he started with Frank's training. I am happy to say that he became my 4th therapy dog at Edward hospital. His training went so well. I am so confident taking my Abe anywhere and know he will behave correctly in any situation. Frank's obedience class is so comprehensive and teaches you and your dog SO much for you to have a great dog no matter what venue you choose to do when you are done. What I think I marvel the most about Frank's training methods are that you never feel that he is not in control of the class. Especially in the beginners class when all the dogs and owners are nervous and Frank starts to perform his magic and all starts to fall into place. Within 9 weeks you will not believe what your dog will be able to do....can you imagine walking your dog down the street and he is walking, not pulling, at your side with no barking at other dogs? can you imagine your dog laying down while a ball is thrown directly in front of him/her, can you imagine a live bunny being put in front of your dog and your dog not moving or responding to the bunny in any negative way? Well, imagine it because when you train with Frank Brader this is what you will see happen......and guess what.....it's really fun too.

04/22/2013

After completing one Beginner and two Advanced classes with Frank Brader, my Golden Retriever was recently accepted into Edward Hospital's AAT Program. Having the opportunity to know many dogs and handlers at Edward who have trained with Frank, it was an easy decision to want to follow in their footsteps. Frank's dogs stand out. When finished, they are exceptionally well trained and confident and ready to move into therapy work, if so desired. His classes are geared towards achieving that goal. Frank's classes are always challenging yet equally enjoyable. There is a definite bond that builds over the course of his training between Frank/handler/dog that is exceptional. Ask anyone who has completed his classes and you will repeatedly hear the same description. He has an innate ability to inspire which is why the end result is so consistent among those who train with him. You want to work hard for him and achieve good results and he gives you the means to do so. No matter how many people are in class, he has an uncanny way of zeroing in on each dog and handler and their particular strengths and weaknesses and setting individual goals within the group, when needed. His classes are fast moving and continually changing week-by-week, class-by-class...always keeping you and your dog thinking and working. You are never, ever bored! If you want to develop a close relationship with your dog achieved through proven obedience training, Frank Brader and his staff are an excellent choice. You can't go wrong.

Description of Work
9-week Beginner and Advanced dog training classes.

Dog training & grooming.