North Shore Center of Dental Health

Founded 1977 • With Angi since October 2008

9350 Waukegan Rd

Morton Grove, IL 60053

Welcome to North Shore Center of Dental Health, we are your families full-service dental office. We are conveniently located at the corner of Waukegan Rd. and Emerson in Morton Grove, IL, with plenty of free parking right outside our door. We offer many different services for you and your family and with an Orthodontist, Dr. Ronald Metelka and a Periodontist, Dr. Bruce Abdullah, on staff you can rest assured all your needs will be met in our comfortable and fun surroundings! Here at North Shore Center of Dental Health we offer many services for you and your family including: Implants Cosmetic bonding Mini-implants for denture stabilization Emergency care Root canal therapy Veneers Children's dentistry Braces for adults and kids Invisalign invisible braces North Shore Center of Dental Health also offers lingual braces, Zoom in-office whitening, laser therapy and treatment, periodontal therapy, extractions, and partial and complete dentures and many, many other services. We are blessed with great doctors and a wonderful staff that have been with us for many years. Our employees are warm, friendly, knowledgeable and a lot of fun to be around but best of all, they truly love what they do! Our office is happy to welcome children! In fact, we love children and encourage our patients to bring their children to their appointments to become familiar and comfortable with our office and staff. Our staff strives to provide you and your family the highest quality of care and comfort. We want your experience to be the best it can be! We know no one really wants to come to the dentist, but we won't let that stop us from trying! Call North Shore Center of Dental Health today and see why we have an "A" rating on Angie's List and a consistent 5-star rating in over 400 reviews. We promise that we will leave you smiling! Our offices are handicapped accessible for your convenience....

07/04/2014

Albert L.

Very nice staff, professional

Description of Work
Cleaning, exam and filling

03/05/2014

Linda R.

The office staff, reception, billing, pre-appt questionnaire are all impressive! I filled out a detailed questionnaire about my history, had last x-rays sent, gave insurance info, etc. Most of it was done online before I went in. AND, they actually looked through it all very carefully and didn't make me tell the hygienist and doctor again! Everything was all set to go. The hygienist was very friendly, pleasant, and thorough. She had already looked at my info and chatted with me a bit. For some reason she seemed to question my need for nitrous oxide, whether I really needed it, which made me a bit wary. I have a history of gum disease and have had scaling and deep cleaning done, so I've found nitrous really helpful. I'm nervous at the dentist and have a low pain threshold, so for just about anything, nitrous helps me a lot. They did give me a little nitrous and the cleaning was a little uncomfortable and nerve-wracking, but not too bad. Next time if they question me about the nitrous I will ask what their concern is. They did the x-rays quickly--have very up-to-date equipment and film that is flexible enough so as not to scratch up the inside of your mouth. One of the dentists, Dr. Chris Baboulas, came in to check my teeth. He checked them, said everything was good. He was very quick, said very little, wasn't particularly friendly. Not sure if he was really busy, or just doesn't chat much with patients. Will see if Baboulas or the other dentist (his wife) is a little more friendly next time, although that issue probably wouldn't keep me from going back. When I went to pay, the office had already contacted my insurance about my coverage and figured out what my share of the bill would be. Fantastic. I will certainly go to them again. Overall, they give excellent care and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Just moved to Chicago area and needed to find good dentist and hygenist that is a preferred provider for my insurance and got good reviews here. Needed 6 month check up, cleaning, and x-rays. Not sure about appointment date above.

Category dentists

Hi [Member name removed], Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to make your visit with us and quick and easy as possible! I'm sorry that Dr. B came across as not very friendly. I cannot comment on what was going on at that time, but I can assure you, that he IS extremely warm and friendly and WILL be the next time you come in. I've already kicked him in the shin :)

01/22/2014

TROY B.

Appointments went very well. I'm usually a very anxious person when it comes to visiting the dentist. All of the staff were kind and reassuring, so I felt more at ease than with previous dentists. Even on the day I needed a filling, I was made to feel relaxed and was at ease with the work being done. All went quite well, and was efficient on time. Even had a follow up call from the doctor a day later to see how I was doing and if I needed anything. I Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Needed a new dentist as well as some immediate dental work.

01/17/2014

Timothy D.

They are really good. It is a quiet place that is easy to get to. I have not had much experience going to other dentist's offices, but that one seemed to be fine. It was quick with an easy in and out. I have no complaints. They were able to get me in quick and fast as soon as we did the call to set up the appointment. They had great manners.

Description of Work
I went to North Shore Center of Dental Health to see about getting my wisdom teeth taken out.

Category oral surgeons

03/27/2013

RAVI A.

Two filings are so close to the gums that I was not even sure the job could be done. The doctor did a great job. I am pleased with the work. The nurses were friendly and helpful too.I probably need more at a different spot. I would go to him.

Description of Work
There was a gap between the teeth and the gum--eroded gum line. They were sensitive and bothered me. But I thought nothing could be done about it. The nurse and the doctor pointed this to me and said they could be filled. I was skeptical.

06/09/2012

JoAnn W.

The next day, I got a second opinion. Yes, the tooth did fracture and could not be saved. However, a dental implant was recommended, not a bridge. Yes, dental implants for teeth that will be used to chew and grind will require the screw that is set into the jawbone to be left alone for a few months. This allows the bone to grow around the screw. Believe me, the screw is pretty secure from day one, though. Then the final part of adding a "tooth" is done in a day. You can use the tooth like a real one. It lasts really, really long. A bridge is typically only given 10 years, then you have to replace it. Plus the dental implant is healthier for your jawbone over time. I felt that the dentist at North Shore Center was looking for the quick fix and not the BEST fix in the long run. By the way, there wasn't much different in price with the bridge estimate versus what I paid a highly rated place for implants. Besides, price was not my first concern. My long term health was my first concern. I was clear about this aspect. The ease of getting an appointment was great. The office staff were great. The dentist was nice, but I didn't like that he really didn't go over the pros and cons of the two choices. I even asked about a dental implant. I would not go there again.

Description of Work
An old silver filling came out in one piece. The dentist said that the tooth fractured and could not be saved. He recommended a bridge instead of a dental implant for this one tooth. (A bridge requires grinding down the healthy two adjacent teeth to stubs.) He said that a dental implant takes too long.

Category dentists

We are so sorry that you were disappointed in your treatment plan options. We have many patients that we do recommend implants for and as a matter of fact, our periodontist Dr. Bruce Abdullah is the lead clinical professor of Periodontics and Implantology at the University of Illinois. We work hand and hand with Dr. Abdullah and have placed and restored literally hundreds (if not thousands) of implants in the past 20 years. In certain cases, however, there are many variables that are taken into consideration when deciding the best course of treatment and whether the Dr. feels that implants are the best long term option for the patient. We are happy to know that you were happy with our office, overall. We wish you the very best and are always here!

04/19/2011

Christine B.

All procedures went well. I had not been to a dentist's office for several years and I was impressed with the new tecniques Dr. Baboulus used. He was quick and had a gentle touch and was probably the best at giving a novicaine (sp?) shot that I have experienced.

Description of Work
I have seen Dr. Baboulas several times. The first was on 2/14/11 with three folow up appointments in the following months. I needed a root canal and was in some pain and a month or so later I needed treatment for severe sensitivity to hot and cold due to gum recession. All work was completed quickly with immediate relief of pain and I believe the pricing was competitive. I have been without a dentist for several years, but I now consider Dr. Baboulas and his associates my dentists.

02/20/2011

Eric B.

They really do fantastic work. So much so that I have insurance available through work and while this dental office is not in my network, I choose to go there anyway and pay out of my pocket. Terrific service!

Description of Work
Just a general cleaning and checkup.

01/07/2011

JOHN B.

They do a fantastic job. The dental hygenist is phenomenal and super fantastic with children especially. We definitely are happy with this office and the service they provide.

Description of Work
My kids and I went in for a routine check up. I went in a week later for some bonding on my teeth.

Category dentists,cosmetic dentist

09/13/2010

Adrien B.

Began seeing them several years ago when company changed dental plans and I needed to find a dentist under their new plan. Staff is very friendly to work with and appointments are always on time. For someone who doesn't like to go to the dentist, the staff makes you feel very calm and always listen to your concerns. The cost for dental services beyond the normal check-up is rather high in my opinion and the lack of an on-site lab to prepare and adjust crowns/bridge work was an issue the last time I had this work done. Since cost seems to be an issue with almost all dental service providers, you need to evaluate the importance of this factor for yourself.

Description of Work
Most work done over the past couple of years has been for routine cleanings and check-ups.

Category dentists,dentures

Southland Smiles Ltd

Southland Smiles, the dental office of Richard J. Mantoan DDS and Associates along with their knowledgeable, friendly staff, are located in Flossmoor, IL. At Southland Smiles we know each patient is unique in their needs and desires. Our purpose is to provide gentle, pain-free dental care. A strong commitment to continuing education allows us to offer smile makeovers and full mouth rehabilitation, as well as general family dentistry. By investing in the latest dental technology, shots are a thing of the past. We use the Wand anesthesia system that has revolutionized dental pain control. Our services include: • Family Dentistry • General & Cosmetic Dental Services • Tooth colored fillings • No Shot Anesthesia • Teeth Whitening • Digital X-rays • Preventive Care • Breath Treatment • Porcelain Veneers • Implants - Bridges & Dentures • Smile Makeovers • Invisalign • Root canals • Gum Treatment We will provide your care in a friendly and comforting environment, while you listen to music and receive massage pad relaxation. So fear no more. You will be in capable, caring, compassionate hands at Southland Smiles. We will respect your time by being on time. Call Southland Smiles, or visit our website today for more information! There are 3 dentists at this site. Surgery is performed at this location. To see if a dentist is board certified visit abgd.org.

Paul V Caputo DDS

We are a family run buisness, with 11 team members! We accept all insurance and we file your claims for you! State of the art technology will help make your next appointment more enjoyable. There are 2 dentists at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. To see if a dentist is certified, visit www.abgd.org.

Dentistry - General