HCI Marketing LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2011

4.2

Since 1999, HCI Get-A-Pro has proudly outfitted residences in Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Iowa City, and beyond with lifetime products from the roof down. Our expansive offerings include the very best in stone coated metal roof installation, replacement windows, patio covers, vinyl siding, gutter guards, and one-day bathroom remodeling options such as a tub to shower conversion, wheelchair shower, and walk in bathtub. We are pleased to provide quality goods and superior workmanship at very competitive prices, and our enduring dedication to serving the needs of our customers has helped us earn and maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau....

Twin Bridge Construction

Roofing, siding and Storm Damage Restoration Serving the Quad Cities and Surrounding areas. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Manny's Eastern Iowa Roofing & Construction LLC

We have over 10 years of experience in providing quality roofing and siding services. You can feel confident that everything is up to code, and we'll use new, high-quality materials only. We're a local, family-owned and operated business. We offer a 5% Military and Senior Citizens discount. Make sure you visit our website for more details! (https://www.mannyseasterniowaroofingandsiding.com/) Whether you want to get a shingle or rubber roof installed for your property, trust our roofers to take care of it expertly. We can handle the repair or replacement of your existing roof also. Rely on us to complete your roofing services today. Give us a call or click for a free estimate today!

Bath Planet of Quad Cities

Whether you're updating a small guest bath or a large master, a quality Iowa bathroom remodeling project can add value and functionality to your home. When you're searching for trusted bath renovation experts, look no further than the team at Bath Planet of Quad Cities. Since 2001, we've built a reputation for excellence by providing top-rated acrylic products, professional installation, and exceptional customer care. Most importantly, our installation professionals have the ability to complete your bath remodel in just one day! Our fast, affordable updates make us the perfect choice for your next bathroom makeover!

09/27/2017

Salesman was quick to come and show all that they would do and explain why it was better than anyone else. Offered a 20 year labor and materials warranty which covered what I wanted. Implied that if I paid the down payment right away, they would start within 1 -1/2 weeks. I jumped through hoops to get the down payment in by 8/11 then it wasn't cashed until 8/28. About a week later, I got a couple calls, one asking how the job was going and another telling me they couldn't start till the day after Labor Day because another job wasn't finished. Tuesday after Labor Day I got another call saying the other job still wasn't finished and they would come Wednesday, Wednesday no one showed up and no call, Thursday's call said Friday. Friday no one showed so I called the company and stirred the pot. I finally got someone higher up to call me and they promised to get started right away. Wednesday the following week, the crew showed up and I learned they were from far out of the area and hadn't been informed of the scope of the job. They started right away and did good work on the roof. It took them 5 days to do the job that I was told would take 3 days. The roofing crew said they did not do gutters; a separate crew would come to install the new 6" gutters I had ordered. While the roofing work was good, the tear off destroyed a string of 28 path lights around the house and damaged many lawn ornaments because there was no protection put down for them. When I complained about the damage, the project manager came about a week later, took photos and prices that I had found for replacements (about $750) and said they would review the problem and notify me when the gutters would be installed. About 2 weeks later I still haven't heard anything about gutters or damage resolution. 10/11 Gutter installers came 10/9 and finished up the job on 10/10. Gutters look good. Today, I got a message that the project manager would come tomorrow 10-12 to inspect the job and discuss the damages. I have to say I don't have a good feeling about recovering much for the damages.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof on an old house that would have a life expectancy longer than mine (20 yrs) so I didn't have to deal with it again.

Category gutter repair,roofing

07/08/2015

I call and speak with them. I make the appointment. I tell them no need to call back to confirm because I will be home all day but not next to my phone. Still They call, I am outside , so no answer. They just reschedule. I call then back and this is their"policy" . They must not be too concerned about my business. So no, I will not use them in the future for any work nor recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Was looking to get my garage roofed. Estimate for metal and asphalt shingles.

03/14/2015

They were high pressured. It was one of the situations where I should have used more prudence. The windows are fine. The issues are fine. I would never use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced 12 windows.

Category replacement windows

01/13/2015

The removal and installation of the new unit, plumbing and clean-up took 2 days, during which time we still had use of our toilet and lavatory. Our bathroom is quite small and the only one in the house so this was vital. There was some minor damage on one wall, which was to be expected due to the very cramped quarters of our bathroom. That damage was professionally repaired and looks better than new. The work was performed very professionally and thoroughly and we were very happy with the results. The finished project exceeded our expectations and we are VERY happy with the results. We heartily recommend HCI and have already had at least one couple come to our home to see the work that was done, and they were so impressed that they signed their contract with HCI for a similar job in their home that same day!

Description of Work
Removed our old one piece fiberglass tub/shower and replaced it with a new tub, shower surround and all new required plumbing. Plus replaced wallboard and insulation in the wall.

Category bathtub refinishing,remodeling,home remodeling

07/09/2014

The left both sides of the wall unfinished with no drywall and said it was my responsibility when I was not led to believe that.

Description of Work
They measured our bathroom and talked us through how to improve the bathroom. They put in a new shower.

Category bathtub refinishing

06/27/2014

worked within my budget, started ahead of schedule, were very professional, explained what was going to happen and asked permission to use electrical hook-up, only worked between the hours of 8-5, did a great job on the roof and gutters were added in a timely fashion, did an excellent job cleaning up work area after service.

Description of Work
roof and gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing

06/26/2014

it was a bust. they never called to let us know they were not coming after receiving calls from them day after day.

Description of Work
this company was going door to door for roofing sales. We set up an appt to meet with them to get an estimate for 3pm on Wed 6/25/2014. Previous to that time, they called constantly wanting to know about financing etc. We calmly explained time and again that we were not financing. Both my husband and I took the 25th off from work to meet with their appraiser. At 4pm no one had shown up and no one had called. (can be verified by my vonage incoming calls). i called and spoke to Ashly who told me their appraiser was not coming and that she had called to inform me of this at 3:05pm. Again, i referred to my Vonage incoming calls and nothing showed any incoming calls. I then told them to cancel as I was not interested in any company that was so unprofessional. I do not recommend this company to anyone wanting quality and professionalism.

04/15/2014

We were introduced to this company by sheer luck; they had called our home phone number looking for someone else and it just so happened we had been looking into window replacement recently. So we agreed to have their sales team come to our home and pitch their offer. We were impressed with the professionalism of their sales reps. We agreed on having them replace all of our lower level windows and a portion of our upper level windows: eleven windows total. Two men came to begin the window process, an older gentlemen and another man who we learned was his daughter's boyfriend. The older man knew what he was doing, the younger man appeared to be inexperienced. Neither men had the proper tools to do the job and ended up borrowing our tools. They did not have a ladder. They used our truck bed to cut metal on. They took a couple of days to finish the job. And then they left. They failed to replace rotted wood as was stated in the agreement. The man stated that this was not in his contract and he would not be doing that. They damaged wood above one window and when attention was called to this all we got in reply was a shrug. They did not clean the windows as was stated in the agreement. They left sawdust and wood pieces in my house on the floors and window sills. They left numerous pieces of metal and numerous screws in my yard. We called the owner of the company and voiced our concerns over this. He came to see the problem and eventually sent another man back to clean up (he did not clean inside at all and missed debris outside) and replace the rotted wood (he did). The second man he sent did check the windows to make sure they were properly installed. He did find that there was damaged wood that the first guy did not fix; there was already water leaking in the wall of the house. The second man had his own tools and appeared to know what he was doing. The men did have to deal with winter weather and we understand that is a challenge. However, if a company is not prepared to deal with winter perhaps they should suggest the service be done in the spring. We would have rather waited and had the job done better. When the owner came he was apologetic and offered to buy us dinner to make up for our trouble. That never happened. We noticed a crack in a window about two weeks ago- the windows had been put in in February and it is now April 6th. No one had been near the window and we reported it right away as there is supposed to be a lifetime warranty. We should be hearing about our replacement window this coming week. I was able to walk around the house today as the snow is all melted; I picked up a large handful of nails, screws, and sharp metal pieces that had been scattered under each window they replaced. The windows themselves look nice so far, which is why I gave "quality" a better score. They did not take initiative in communicating with us after our initial concerns were voiced which is why I gave them a low responsiveness score. I was looking forward to having a company I could trust to replace our remaining windows but I do not think this is the company. I also fear we could have had the job done for less money. Overall, not the best homeowner's choice. After this review the company contacted us and apologized for the inconveniences. They were friendly and courteous and did mail out gift cards for previously mentioned restaurants. They set up a time to have the broken window replaced and offered to have someone come clean up any mess that was left. I had already cleaned up the debris so that was not necessary but we scheduled a window replacement time. Yesterday the owner contacted us and stated that he was in the area and would like to replace the broken window sooner than scheduled. That worked for my schedule so he came and replaced the window immediately. He was also very courteous. It's too bad there were initial issues with this job as the company seems like good people. I'm glad we are caught up with the job's tasks now.

Description of Work
Window replacement

02/21/2014

Tore off previous roof, replenished bad spots that we're leaking, put on the new roof, they were always there when they said they would be. Wonderful staff. I plan to go through them for more work.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof

02/21/2014

They tore off 2 layers of shingles, but new boards in on the back then put the new shingles on and also new gutters. Cleaned up very well. On time. Very pleased

Description of Work
Replaced my roof

Stone coated steel roofing, asphalt roofing, ProView Series replacement windows, vinyl siding,gutter protection systems, seamless gutters, walk in safety tubs,

We only do repairs for warranty work.