Century Moving Inc

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

951 N Main St

Lombard, IL 60148

Conducting moving and packing services

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

When you think of Bekins, you think, "This is moving." For more than 120 years, families like yours have trusted Bekins Van Lines to move them. Bekins has the experience and expertise you need to get you to your new destination smoothly and efficiently. New home, new community, new friends – moving can be an overwhelming experience. At Bekins, we understand the anxiety and stress of moving and we’re there to make it easier, every step of the way. You’re not alone when you move with Bekins as our process is designed to assist you throughout your entire relocation. It’s a process that offers you choice, flexibility and control. With a network of more than 370 agents across the country, Bekins can provide a variety of services including free estimates, storage, packing, loading, unloading and hauling in order to meet your individual moving needs. We can help you design a plan that fits your budget. From the salesperson that gives you an estimate to the driver that loads your belongings, you can be sure they’re equipped to handle the job. For more than a century, the Bekins name and reputation have made Bekins the mover that generations of families have trusted....

movers (27)storage unit (6)

12/29/2020

Century Movers were FANTASTIC!!!!! Never once did I worry that my belongings were being handled carelessly or going to end up broken upon arrival. The Century movers took the time to wrap things, pad things, and take apart things! My particular crew, Ronnie, Martin, Cesar, and Loddy were unbelievable professional and friendly from start to finish. This was my first time ever hiring movers, as I've been afraid of how much it would cost and my personal belongings being mishandled and let me tell you, Century Movers was worth every penny I spent (which was less than many of their compotators). The box rental program was so helpful, and gave me the push to empty sooner so I could receive my deposit back. The office staff never left it up to me to call and confirm ANYTHING as they were so professional and on top of the curtesy calls to confirm our schedule. Thanks Century Movers!

Description of Work
Move from old house and move to new house

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

11/19/2020

Thank you to Megan, Janis and your entire team for a seamless move! Ronnie, Caesar and (I'm sorry, but I've forgotten the third guy's name) were punctual, polite and worked as quickly and efficiently as possible! We had a couple snafus (caused by my husband and I, not them), but everything was worked out in the end and we couldn't be more grateful. Not a single item was damaged or lost. And their pricing is fair. We will be sure to recommend you to all of our family and friends!

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

10/20/2020

Century moving is the best, they quote you for the move and they deliver on their quoted price! We had them store our furniture until we find a new home in another state. The whole process was simple. Their prices are reasonable and the customer service is excellent. If you are moving call them today.

Description of Work
Moving and storing

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/03/2019

My experience with Century Moving was excellent! They were all very professional and quick to respond, Megan with the estimate and subsequent inquiries and follow up with Janis the move coordinator. The four-man crew was very efficient and worked like a well-oiled machine making a stressful occasion a smooth and trouble-free experience.

Description of Work
Local move - Five rooms of furniture

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

09/21/2019

Wonderfully! The workmen were there on time and worked efficiently and effectively. The move was as smooth as a move could be.

Description of Work
Packing and moving

Work Completed On 04/26/2019

09/20/2019

GREAT crew, great service and very professional. From the initial sales call, to the day of the move I felt in good hands. Never had to put things in storage before and Century gave me the piece of mind I needed. They were on time, worked quickly but carefully. Took great care in wrapping and protecting large pieces. Discussed any potential issues and or asked about concerns. Very thorough and courteous. Looking forward to the re-delivery in a few months.

Description of Work
Moved belongings into storage for a future move.

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/17/2019

We had a great experience and would definitely recommend Century Moving to anyone!

Description of Work
Move from downtown Chicago to Western Springs

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

09/17/2019

I had an excellent experience working with century moving. From the estimate to the final move, they were professional, reliable and well-priced. Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a moving company.

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

09/06/2018

Century did an outstanding job from beginning to end! We were very apprehensive about which moving company to select since we were seeing many horror stories as we researched movers. We chose Century based on good reviews, and they certainly deserve those good ratings. Starting with the estimator who was very thorough, honest and professional, and the cost ended up right on her estimate. Communication with the office on scheduling the day was great, and they even adjusted the day when we saw rain forecast for the originally scheduled day. The crew of 5 did an outstanding job, especially considering the temperature that day was in the 90s! We have a few VERY heavy pieces, and a number of delicate pieces with glass/mirrors, and were concerned about damage, both to the furniture as well as to the walls of the houses on both ends. We also have a very narrow staircase to the second floor with a 90 degree turn that created an additional challenge. They took care to wrap and pad everything, and handled it all without incident. They were very friendly and professional throughout the day. They were constantly checking with us to be sure we were satisfied. We hadn’t planned on moving some coats/clothes, but they offered wardrobe boxes for no additional charge and took those. We would highly recommend Century to anyone.

Description of Work
We needed our furniture moved to our new home (about 50 miles away). We had already moved much of the boxed items like dishes, bathroom supplies and clothes, so it was primarily a house full of furniture.

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

08/16/2018

They handled all aspects well but had a delay in delivery- but they compensated me for the delay so it worked out fine

Description of Work
Moved from one state to another state

Work Completed On 07/29/2018

Residential & Commercial Moving - Local, Long Distance, & International. Storage. Record Storage Management, Exhibits, Displays, & Tradeshows. Move Management Service. Packing & Crating.