We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Vaupell Auto

Founded 1958 • With Angi since August 2007

1118 E 31st St

La Grange Park, IL 60526

Vaupell Auto Repair delivers expert auto repair services for La Grange Park, La Grange and Brookfield. We can repair or maintain your car, truck, SUV or minivan....

08/15/2017

MONICA G.

Everything about them was good, professional. I could have waited for it, but I need to get my 10,000 steps in so I walked back home and I walked back over there. It was done in an hour and a half.

Description of Work
They put in a battery and they washed the car and vacuumed the inside.

08/07/2017

Edward K.

Brian Vaupell, the Service Advisor, was friendly and knowledgeable. I will go back again.

Description of Work
Catalytic converter had to be replaced. Replaced two tires with a wheel alignment. The brakes were replaced. Replenish the refrigerant for A/C system.

Category muffler repair,auto repair,car tires

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Love talking about some of your favorite restaurants. See you soon.

04/12/2017

Chris S.

They were able to get me in right away. They explained what needed to be done after running the diagnostic and printed out a complete cost. They are really upfront about the pricing. They are probably a little pricey then some other places but it's a nice local business. They are all very professional. I'm willing to pay a little more for that.

Description of Work
Went in because the check engine light was on. They did basic diagnostic work. Added brake fluid and a belt needed to be replaced.

Category auto repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for the great review. Thank you for bringing the Price up. I have been shopping around and your right. I have recently lowered the price if not complimentary on many services. Thank you. Brian Vaupell

04/29/2015

Fernando A.

I didn't use them because of scheduling conflicts. They were very good as far as communication goes. I had a question that I posed to them and they responded to me online. At the last minute I just decided that the dealer would be a better option.

Description of Work
I wanted to take my hybrid to Jessup's Automotive Services for servicing.

Category muffler repair,auto repair,car tires,transmission repair,radiator service,car accessories,car inspections,car washes

02/10/2015

Margaret C.

They are very good care of diagnosing problems. They take care of the problem. They will let you know if something is going to be needed to be done in the future. I have 142,000 miles on my car and I want it to get up to 200,000. According to them, I'll make it. I bring it in for regular servicing. I can make an appointment. They'll do whatever they can to get the car back to me. They have a deal with Enterprise Rental Cars, if I need a rental car. They're very accommodating and very, very good.

Description of Work
They fixed something that was falling on the bottom of my car and dragging on the catalytic converter.

10/07/2014

Mary N.

I stopped by their shop to ask about the "softness" I was feeling when stopping my car. The reception area was clean and Brian welcomed me with a big smile. When I told him about the car problem he suggested bringing it in and they would take a look at the brakes..and no work would be done until they talked with me. They have a key drop so I was able to drop off my car before their store opened. Later in the morning we talked and Brian let me know what they thought was going on with the brakes and what he thought would be my expense. When I picked up the car at the end of the day I was pleasantly surprised to find out my bill was half of the estimate. He explained that what they thought was leaking was simply road grime and no repairs were necessary for that issue. I'm not a car guy so Brian showed the parts that had been replaced and explained to me why they were replaced. If I have future car problems I will definitely return to Jessup's.

Description of Work
Repaired the rear brakes on my 2010 Honda Accord

08/09/2014

linda C.

It was all fine. As the testing was expected to take hours they took me back home. Brian called with the test results and explained what was going on and his recommendations. The part arrived overnight, they installed it, tested the car and picked me up from home. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and seemed to care as much for my 16-year-old BMW as I do. With them taking care of my car, I don't believe I will be buying a new one for many years!

Description of Work
My "check engine" light came on and the easy fixes did not cause it to go out. The mechanics ran full diagnostics on the errors codes and checked everything out. They found a very intermittent problem and replaced the camshaft position sensor before it completely failed.

05/25/2014

Nora B.

Love this place! Love that it is family owned and run! I sat back while they took care of my car, changed the oil and a tune up. These guys are practical and will tell you exactly what they did, and how to take care of it. They tell you if something still has wear and how long they think you can drive the car before it needs to be replaced. They explain things to teenage drivers without talking down to them. Honesty! I almost feel as if I should give them a bad rating so they aren't so busy, but I can't.

Description of Work
Oil Change & Tune Up.

04/17/2014

Alejandro A.

I had an excellent experience at Jessup. First, it is a local business, something I am happy to support. Second, Brian at the front desk is very professional, explains in detail the work to be done and its price, and goes over all warranties related to the job. I also like the fact that they are very punctual in their time estimate, so I can plan my day around the repairs. Finally, they even give you a complementary car wash after the job is done! Very happy with the service and will certainly return for future services and repairs.

Description of Work
Replace Serpentine Belt

02/27/2014

JAMES L.

I have used the services of Jessup's Automotive Services. I would give them an excellent score. They are very good. They offer a car wash after all services, a free car wash. They are very attentive and nice. I will continue using this auto service.

Description of Work
The last time I used Jessup's Automotive Services was three months ago for an oil change.

Category auto repair,car washes

01/21/2014

marion H.

Replaced tierod, new tires, alignment, repaired freeon leak, new windshield wipers.

Description of Work
I used Jessup's Automotive Services

11/08/2013

Richard D.

My car battery needed replacing. This is something that can be done for about $90-120. I thought that I would try to "shop local" and keep the business in my home town. When I received an estimate of $160 I questioned why so much. I was told $105 for the battery, $20 for the fifteen minute installation and $35 for a diagnostic check of my electrical system. I said that I didn't think I needed an electrical system check. They said that there might be something in the electrical system causing the battery to fail. I opined that I thought the fact that the battery was almost eight years old was the more likely reason. They said that they would not warrantee the new battery without the electrical system check. I went to Wal-Mart and had a comparable battery (actually higher rated by Consumer Report) installed for under $100 including tax and installation. I haven't had any problems since.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate to replace my car battery.

Brian L.

My sister-in-law, father, and I have trusted the care of our family vehicles to Jessup's Automotive Services for dozens of out-of-warranty repairs over the years. Its service advisors are very good listeners. And that's why we keep returning to its shop.

Description of Work
Jessup's Automotive Services provides front-to-back, top-to-bottom mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs for cars and trucks. It even sends automotive helpful-hints e-newsletters to its customers. I bring my vehicles there for all my tire, wheel, brake, exhaust, ignition, and under-the-hood jobs.

Rose M.

This was the first time I used their services after the dealer recommend their services to me. Everything worked out wonderful! The work didn’t take long at all. Once the parts were in, they called me and fit me right for the work.

Description of Work
They installed license plate brackets on my 2014 Ford Fiesta that I had ordered.

Category car accessories

Tom D.

The work was done fine. They did take a little longer than expected by just an hour, but the work has been fine. The price was reasonable and competitive with other companies in the area. Brian even followed up with me by email after the work was complete.

Description of Work
I had them align the front tires on my 2000 Odyssey.

Rick R.

The work was okay. I was able to drop off the vehicle and they called then what work was complete. Their prices are more expensive than our previous mechanic. They were competent in every way. Everything was fine.

Description of Work
I took my minivan here for general auto service.

09/21/2013

Alejandro A.

The visit went great. I dropped by and talk to Brian who told me I could get the job done right away. He told me to come back an hour and a half later. On the dot, he had the car ready and everything was running smoothly. This is not the first time I go to Jessup, but every time I bring my cars I get the right service at the right price. They even fix little things that they find at no cost to you. That is what I like to find at my neighborhood stores - personalized attention!

Description of Work
Break fluid flush

07/16/2013

Scott H.

1998 Saturn was overheating. A/C was working when I brought the car in. They fixed the overheating problem, but when I picked the car up, the A/C was not working. This is always a tough situation. True, the cooling system is different from the A/C system, but they are not completely unrelated - they share a common cooling fan, possibly some electrical stuff. All I am sure of is that the A/C was working when I dropped it off, and it was not when I picked it up. My main complaint was how the service manager, handled the situation. My expectation was that he would say, "well lets take a look at it." Instead, he quickly said that he "knew" Jessup could not have messed anything up and that they could look at it, but they "don't work for free". That attitude rubbed me wrong since it not impossible they could have done something to mess it up. After a bit of discussion, the service manager did go out and we determined together that the A/C system probably needed to be recharged. Even though I suppose they could have done something to release some refrigerant when they fixed the cooling system, it seemed unlikely to me, so I went ahead and had them recharge the system. As I said, these are tough situations since it's also possible that it was a coincidence the A/C happened to fail while at their shop through no fault of theirs. Both the cooling and the A/C are now working fine. In fairness, their shop seemed clean, and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced temperature sending unit, cooling fan motor, radiator hoses, recharged A/C system.

06/17/2013

Jenna M.

Very professional, and treated me with respect. Did not try to sell me any other services or products, which I greatly appreciated. I will definitely go back!

Description of Work
Wheel alignment for my 4 wheel drive vehicle

01/09/2013

Eileen S.

This is the second time we've used them. Everything went fine. It is a synthetic blend. Initially I dropped off the car and told them synthetic blend and they put in regular oil. He was only going to charge me 30 some dollars and I had gotten a quote over the phone. They took care of it while I waited which was fine. I felt like he took care of it so I dropped the car off again this morning. It is close to where we live and he was very personable. He took care of the problem. Their prices are comparable.

Description of Work
I dropped off my husband's car today at Jessup's Automotive Services for an oil change. They did a previous oil change 3 months ago.

11/02/2012

Chris S.

My car was making some knocking noises from the front, so I knew I needed some kind of work with my suspension. I submitted an appointment request on a Monday and got a reply that I could bring my car in on Tuesday. After they checked the car out, they told me what repairs would be needed. I wasn't expecting $1300 worth of repairs, but apparently Saturn Ions have issues with their front suspensions, and I seemed to be experiencing most of them at the same time. They were completely professional and kept me up to speed on how long it would take.G

Description of Work
Suspension repairs needed

08/09/2012

Marjorie W.

did not always call back right away,I felt fustrated

Description of Work
the work they did was good but took a long time and was pricey.My engine light was on for over four months I was told not to worry.changed my thermostat,and Ignition control module.and diagnose done. found my transmission was slipping I my car to a transmission shop.

03/29/2012

Diana B.

I used them and they were fine. They are honest and it is always a plus in the automotive industry. They are very up front with what's wrong and what's right with the car.

Description of Work
I took my car to Jessup's Automotive Services because I had some issues and they took care of it.

03/21/2012

linda C.

I found Jessup's through Angie's list and emailed them regarding their services. Mike Jessup promptly replied to my email. When I called to arrange an appoitment time, Mike thoroughly explained how they would fix the tire. While they were fixing the tire, they found another problem that needs repaired. They showed me on a picture diagram what part needs replaced and promised to call with an estimate once they received information from the BMW parts people.

Description of Work
I had a leak in one of my tires and the guys at Jessup's quickly repaired it.

11/10/2011

Anita N.

My experience with them was very good. I have had several things done with them. I looked them up on the BBB and they had good reviews. They changed my oil one time and the check engine light was on and instead of charging me to check why that was on he thought that it was because of the oil so he changed the oil and the light turned off. He told me to come in again if it comes back on in half a day. It seems like they know everybody that comes in. They are very honest, their price they quoted me and the time frame they told me were exactly what they said they were.

Description of Work
They replaced my wheels on my car.

Reliable Auto Repair Center Inc

Family owned business for 20+ years at the same location. Serving the North Side since 1991.

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Car Washes
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Vaupell Auto is the automotive expert in La Grange Park, IL 60526. Since, 2017 we've provided the La Grange Park area with reliable, affordable automotive maintenance and repair services including 4x4 Services, Alignment, Brakes, Car & Truck Care, Electric and Hybrid Vehicle , Electrical Services, Electronic Services, Engine & Transmission, Engine Maintenance, Expired Warranty Care, Fleet Brakes, Fleet Drive Train, Fleet Electrical, Fleet Engine Work, Fleet Front End Services,

Body work & painting