HEART CERTIFIED AUTO CARE

Auto Transmission
Auto Radiators

2620 Green Bay Rd

Evanston, IL 60201

Since 1926, HEART Certified Auto Care has serviced the automotive repair, tire, and wheel needs of customers throughout the northern suburbs of Chicago, IL. Through the years we have expanded into four locations in Evanston, IL, Northbrook, IL, Skokie, IL, and Wilmette, IL. Come into any Duxler Complete Auto Care location for a quote on an automotive repair service or a set of tires, or simply schedule your next appointment with us online. If you need help finding one of our locations, view our online locations list for addresses and accompanying hours of operations...

4.3

11/13/2019

Heart mentioned I needed to do some work on my car. I was suspicious that the work really needed to be done so I took my car to another mechanic who said the car was perfectly fine. When I called Heart they did admit their mistake and paid me the $60 to pay the other mechanic. In the past, Heart or Duxler as they used to be called has pushed me to do work that did not need to be done and on those ...

Description of Work
oil change

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

04/18/2018

I have been going to them for almost twenty years and my vehicle will be turning 25 this fall. I go directly to them for all of my vehicles repairs. They mail their regular customers coupons and once they know you there is no need to have the coupon with you to get the discount. They tell you what is needed to be fixed immediately or can wait with a print out of everything so you have it in writin...

Description of Work
Auto Service

Work Completed On 01/06/2018

01/08/2018

It went well. My used car had a LOUD after market muffler. HEART found a replacement muffler that is much quieter. They put it on in half the time predicted. I’m very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced muffler

Category muffler repair,auto repair

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

11/13/2017

Dashboard unit was replaced properly.

Description of Work
New speedometer.

Work Completed On 06/15/2014

05/15/2017

great! Prompt, communicative and helpful!

Description of Work
A drive shaft - done in a timely way and very communicative. Great service

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

05/15/2017

Short and sweet - efficient and pleasant

Description of Work
Oil Change

Work Completed On 05/06/2017

04/03/2017

Terrible experience. If you are particular about your vehicle and looking for tire and wheel work, stay away! 1) 1 wheel had a bad leak at valve stem that was flat by the time I got home 2) They bent my vehicle side skirts while on the lift 3) They significantly overtorqued wheels [I checked] 4) They scraped the wheel inside barrels mounting the tires 5) they charged more than I was quoted 6) One ...

Description of Work
Came in to have tires mounted to wheels and put on vehicle. Both tiers and wheels I brought into the shop.

Category car tires

Work Completed On 04/02/2017

11/14/2016

Work done well and delivered within the promised time window.

Description of Work
New tires, alignment and balance, oil change.

Category auto repair,car tires

Work Completed On 10/22/2016

06/04/2016

Great! We had family visiting from Minnesota and their tire went flat. Our guests put spare on, and next morning today (Saturday) I called Duxler based on positive reviews. They were only open until noon and were quite busy, but they fit it in. They were friendly and helpful and patched it inexpensively. Our visitors can now drive back to MN in the morning. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Patched a tire

Cost $32.06

Work Completed On 06/04/2016

05/04/2015

Excellent. Ricky gave me a jump and I followed him, per my request, to Duxler's. I asked for a new battery and 2 wiper blades and a safety inspection. I got a call an hour later with the diagnostic information and cost. I got a call about 1:00 that the car was ready for pick up. Ricky, again picked me up and drove me to Duxler's.

Description of Work
wiper blades install battery set radiator hose power steering transmission service lube oil change oil filter ? (something I can't read)

Category auto repair,transmission repair,radiator service

Work Completed On 05/04/2015

Family owned and operated since 1926. We specialize in: OIL CHANGES, TIMING BELT SERVICE, DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT, ENGINE COOLANT FLUSHING/REPLACEMENT, TRANSMISSION SERVICE, ENGINE FILTERS SERVICE, TIRE ROTATION, SNOW, TIRE STORAGE, SHOCK & STRUT SERVICE, CHASSIS/SUSPENSION REPAIR, BRAKE SYSTEM REPAIR, ENGINE TUNE-UP, GLASS/WINDOW REPLACEMENT, FUEL INJECTION DIAGNOSIS/REPAIR, HEATING AND AIR-CONDITIONING SERVICE, COOLING SYSTEM MAINTENANCE & REPAIR, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS & REPAIR.

auto body repair, glass tinting

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing Available, American Express