KING TRANSMISSION CO

Founded 1954 • With Angi since June 2010

4.4

180 W GRAND AVE

Elmhurst, IL 60126

We specialize in repairing Transmissions, Clutches, Drivelines, Differentials, Joints, Axles, Drive Shafts, Brakes, Engines, Radiators, Electrical Problems and More! Since 1954, Thousands of Satisfied Customers, Post Offices, Municipalities, Fleet Companies, Police Departments, Ambulance Services and Fire Departments have Trusted us to service their vehicles...and here’s why You should too...we offer: FREE Inspection, FREE Road Test, FREE Diagnostic Scan, Every Day Low Prices, Extended Warranties, All Work Guaranteed, Fast & Friendly Service, For All Cars & Trucks - Light, Medium & Heavy Duty, All Years, All Makes, All Models, American, Foreign, Automatic & Manual, High Output & Custom Requests, Classics, Antiques & Collectibles, Convenient Towing, 'A+' BBB Rating, ASE / ATSG Certified Technicians, We Honor Most Extended Warranties, Quick Turnaround (22 Service Bays), Special Use Vehicles, Commercial Fleet Maintenance...

08/30/2016

Robert B.

never used this establishment

Description of Work
none, have never been to this establishment.

12/14/2014

Pamella M.

I was satisfied, but... When I first picked up the car, there was a dash light on that I hadn't seen before. I did drive it for about 5 miles and determined that I that I couldn't get it to switch into the higher gears. Took it back to the shop, they confirmed the dash light shouldn't be there and so I left it. A few days later, they called and had had to take it to a dealer to have the computer reprogrammed When I picked up the car the second time, no dash lights and the car ran great. It's been two months know with no issues. Even with the hiccup at the initial pickup, I'm satisfied with the service. Note: There's also a one year warranty on the service that gets extended by 6 months if I bring the car back at 6 months for a free inspection.

Description of Work
Rebuilt Transmission

10/27/2014

walter T.

This review is for the Elmhurst location ONLY. I drove the full size 4x4 chevy truck in 'limp in modeand quot; (drive and 3rd not working), trans making internal scraping sounds (145k miles) Friday mid morning. The person there, Rich's diagnosed it as failing clutch (in the middle of trans) and it needed to be taken apart to get to the part. gave me a rebuild price which was several hundred dollars less that nearly competitors. They called saturday that a solenoid kit was necessary as metal pieces contaminated the existing solenoids . Rebuild included a torque convertor, overhaul kit and solenoids. It was ready Monday morning! So friday noon in and monday am out. Is that FAST FOR A REBUILD- JUST OVER THE WEEKEND! 12month 12000warrenty with $65 filter change service at 6000mi. Its a good sized operation (possibly over 12lifts) located in an area of Elmhurst with several new and used auto adealerships next door and across the street- so they are definitely set up for good volume- most of the racks were full with regular-plated autos though.My mechanic recommended them- as that is where he send his trans work. When i looked at the reviews of the other nearby shops, yes they were positive- but- reading the reviews, the prices were $500 to $1000 more for similar work on smaller autos.

Description of Work
rebuilt transmission

06/13/2013

JENIFER F.

I think they have a fair price. When it comes to their customer service, they do a fast turnaround on the work and they have a good reputation. They are pretty good.

Description of Work
I take my vehicle to King Transmission Co for transmission work. The last time I was there, I thought it was a transmission problem but it was not. They looked at it and evaluated it and sent me to somebody else who could fix the problem.

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Auto Transmission
    Auto Service
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
    12 months/12000 miles; extended warranties availab

Transmission repair, complete drive line & some general auto repair.

Bodywork