American Window And Siding Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since December 2009

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

1202 75th st ste 114

Downers Grove, IL 60516

We are a small family owned and operated company, we offer free in home estimates, we are not a high pressure company. We do offer a 10% discount for Angies list members. We believe that 90 % of this bussiness is a quality installation, and a great appreciation for our coustomers....

3.9

4.2

3.9

4.1

4.3

3.8

window replacement (11)siding companies (4)gutter repair (1)flooring (1)

06/13/2022

chris T.

It went great! Can’t say enough good things especially the honesty from the beginning with Scott. He clearly said that because of the pandemic some items might take longer and even though it did he kept us informed the entire time. The crews are very polite and respectful. Did a great job from the time they got here and cleaned up when they left. Would highly recommend and will be a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Windows

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

11/28/2018

Nancy D.

Issue with windows and communications. Eventually resolved.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of 7 windows

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

07/27/2018

kathy R.

I don't understand what is wrong with Don Dirkes. I have continually begged him to come and fix the James Hardie siding he installed. I even set up a claim with the BBB. He did show up after the BBB contacted him and then never followed through. The siding has some issues with gaps. I am now reporting him to the James Hardie Company. What a character. He doesn't care that the customer is right or wrong, he just blows up and starts yelling at them. Very difficult man to deal with. Thinks he's right all the time. Won't listen to reason. He should not be a sales rep either. He just berates other peoples work to the extent you hire him in self defense. His crew does NO better than anyone else, except for Larry the window man. He is awesome. It's worth putting up with Don just to get Larry to install your windows!

Description of Work
James Hardie Siding

Category siding

Work Completed On 07/27/2015

07/22/2018

PAUL G.

This was one of several companies I called for bids. It was the only one that followed up after I received quotes. the Price was in my budget range, Scott did initial measuring and his associate Andy came by a few days later to re-measure and insure everything was correct. The windows were scheduled for installation on July 6th about the time I was quoted for installation. The crew arrived on time and finished in about 5 hours. I was very well pleased about the work and cleanup. Andy took me around to all the windows to insure I was pleased with their work. I would recommend this company to my friends if I was asked.

Description of Work
replacement of 6 windows dining room and living room.

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

05/15/2018

Kathy S.

We had 2 sliding windows and a sliding patio door replaced in our condo. They turned out great.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and sliding patio door.

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

06/20/2017

Mark J.

A few minor hiccups but overall went very well.

Description of Work
All windows and siding replaced, new gutters.

Category siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

04/20/2017

James H.

They were very good. I got a lot of prices, and they're the best price. There were three people that did the job. It took them about 6 hours to complete the job. They left the area spotless. We've gotten several different bids, they were the best bid, the most professional. I had an overall good feeling on how they did business.

Description of Work
They replaced nine windows in three different rooms.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

09/08/2014

ROB & JULIE S.

The owner, Ronald Dirks, and the installer, Larry, were wonderful. I called Donald late Saturday, and he came to our home in less than 24 hours, on a Sunday in the winter and was very professional. His product is absolutely wonderful. I was comfortable having Larry in our home and he did a good job. When we replace our three doors we plan to use them again. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced 35 windows with aluminum windows.

Work Completed On 03/10/2014

08/01/2013

Cyndy S.

He came to my home took a measurement wrote the quote on a piece of paper and left. The following day I received a call asking if I had made a decision regarding the window. I explained to him I chose another company. He became angry and hung up in me. I called him back to ask if he hung up his response was "screw you lady" and hung up again.

Description of Work
Was asked to provide an estimate for a window

Work Completed On 07/22/2013

Not our customer also too small of a job for us. Sorry for the confusion good luck with the project

04/13/2012

joy K.

The work was real good, but the people that owned the company were not. The workers did a good job. I reported them to the better business bureau. We had a room redone and they clouded us how much it would be and there were certain things like we are doing the job needed to be done which is fine, which added on to the fee, but there were other things that they added on that was never in the contrast and so I reported it to the better business bureau and the owner got all mad because he said we are the only person that ever did that.

Description of Work
I used American Window and Siding to remodel a room. It was a total got and then redone and then they also did siding.

Category flooring contractor,siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/20/2011

Not only was this job completed and paid in full they were so happy they purchased siding for the entire home. Go figure maybe it's altheimers.

We sell furnish and install all of the following products. Pella, Marvin, Andersen, Lindsay, Climate Solutions, Alside, Sunrise, Therma Tru, and many more. All of our installers are factory trained and certified. Our field estimators are extremely knowlegable. We offer free in home estimates. We are not high pressure.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available