We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Closet Works

Founded 1987 • With Angi since October 2001

2112 N. Clybourn Ave.

Chicago, IL 60614

Recipient of 2019 Super Service Award for the 13th consecutive year. Providing Organized Solutions for Chicagoland for over 30 Years. 120 Employees ( No subs.) with 21 designers with an average of 14 years of organizational design experience. Showroom located at: 2112 N. Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. The manufacturing facility /corporate headquarter is located at 953 N Larch Ave, Elmhurst, IL...

06/11/2021

Peggy D.

Molly the designer was a primary reason I selected Closet Works. She really listened and was very patient and flexible. Fair pricing and many options. Installer Ramon was very professional and detail oriented. Pleasure to have both individuals in my home

Description of Work
Laundry room closet, adding an upper cabinet and hanging rods

04/12/2020

Morgan G.

Bear with me here because this is going to be a long one. I recommend you read this entire thing because IF you use them, you’re in for a long haul and a lot of money. In summary, buyer beware. The project was initiated in October 16, 2019 and ended on March 23, 2020. The Task at Hand: We were updating 5 closets with lighting, and 1 closet without lighting. Total price of the job was over $10K. If I had to do this over, I would absolutely go through Costco for the custom shelving units, and Amazon for lighting. You will have gorgeous custom closets at ¼ the cost of Closet Works. Now on with the issues… You will be given a “designer”. Rather than consulting and providing expert suggestions, she was merely a liaison between us and the CAD designer. She came to our house once for the initial consultation and once to take final measurements. The rest of the interactions were all done via email or phone calls from her car. She lent no guidance, expertise, or common sense. Our designs ended up wrought with mistakes and lacked visual appeal that could have been prevented had she steered us a bit. Installation Day, January 30, 2020. What we thought was going to be a day filled with excitement to organize our home, ended up being a major disappointment with a series of issues. -They installed custom shelving over a wall that had not been painted despite me asking our designer if I had painted the proper walls that wouldn’t be covered. -They mixed warm and cool lighting in the same closet. I would have expected our designer to raise that as a potential red flag, but that did not happen and they gave an excuse about some clients wanting that. -Real wood drawer faces were installed inside the closets while cheap plastic faces were used in the exposed area. Once again, we were told this did not raise a red flag and said some clients prefer this. -We had emailed to the designer we would provide our own drawer pulls and knobs. The installers did not get the memo and installed all the wrong drawer pulls, requiring 8 drawer faces to be replaced. This was the only mistake the admitted to and we didn’t have to pay to fix. -Fillers were not installed where fixtures did not meet the wall leaving sloppy looking gaps anywhere from 0.5” – 3”. -They installed a pop-up outlet in the wrong area of a counter top leaving a hole in the counter top when they fixed it that will not be fixed until we get our own new counter top. During installation I voiced my concern and the installers did nothing then finally whispered “talk to your designer”, then proceeded to install all of the wrong stuff that I had to pay to change. While this was poorly handled by the installers, I do not blame the installers for this at all, they are simply taking poorly written orders from said “designer”. When we brought up the issues after install, we were simply told “you signed off on the designs” and were 100% responsible for PAYING THEM to fix it. They even made their margin off of fixing all of it. Between the blame being put on us, and them making even more money off of us, it was sickening. They took no responsibility nor placed any urgency on fixing our closets. Now, shame on us for not noticing the mistakes in the CAD designs, but we do not work on closets everyday nor are we experts in CAD drawings. In hindsight, what should have happened was a final walkthrough with us and the Designer to review all the specs. There was a final walk through but all the designer did was re-take measurements. Last but not least, their pricing is the biggest kept secret. They will give you 1 cost per closet, and if you ask for a breakdown in how much things cost… such as a belt rack, tie rack, drawer, ironing board drawer, etc, they will not share it. They said they would multiple times, but never did. All I have to say is the exact valet hook they use is $10 at Home Depot and I guarantee I paid over $100 for it… but I’ll never know, and neither should you, because you should enlist someone else for your closets. They completely stole the excitement from us of getting nice, new closets. I still hate the finished product because of the journey it took to get here.

Description of Work
5 Closet Systems and 1 Built-In

Category closet systems

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience with Closet Works. We reviewed the feedback and we are sorry and apologize that your experience was not up to your expectations. When our management team found out about the issues during the initial installation we met and reviewed a plan of action to address the issues. We worked closely with your husband to review them and to notify him how we planned on addressing each one. Upon receipt of your husband’s approval we proceeded with the required changes and scheduled the work to be completed. Upon completion of the additional work, we communicated with your husband that these changes were complete, and he was satisfied. Closet Works is a 33-year-old business specializing in creation for our client’s custom storage solutions. We offer a variety of designs, options and accessories (all custom). We also work directly with specific industry vendors to source the highest quality materials, accessories and lighting all of which are not found in home improvement stores.

03/04/2020

Patricia P.

The two installers were very professional. Everything was cleaned before they left. The master closet was challenging because of the roof line, but they managed to do a beautiful job. This is my second time using Closet Works, and I've been completely satisfied both time. I would highly recommend the company. Also Patti the designer, was on top of her game. Knew exactly what would work without over selling product. She was great.

Description of Work
Six closets were installed in a newly rehabbed home.

Category closet systems

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear your feedback. Thank you for your purchase and enjoy!

01/21/2020

Lynn M.

Very Well! Everyone was very pleasant, professional and helpful. The closet was originally installed by Closet Works (CW) and we wanted to new fronts to match a new vanity that we had installed. CW had the original cabinet design still on record, sent a designer out to measure and determine whether current fronts were compatible-they were. They were even able to install our hardware on the cabinets. But Jason, the installer, went way above and beyond. Due to settling in our condo, the cabinet box was no longer square and needed to be shimmed up on one side. That would have required us to hire a painter to recaulk and repaint the surrounding framework, which we didn't want to do. So we told Jason to just install the drawers "as is" which meant each drawer was offset from the drawer above, creating stair step effect from one drawer to the next. But Jason was a perfectionist and fully committed to delivering the best installation job possible. So he invested extra time making minute, exacting adjustments in the fit of each face panel on each drawer so that they all lined up with one another. It is rare and a real pleasure to see that kind of dedicated professionalism from a craftsman. Jason said "That's what I would require in my own home, so that's what I deliver in your home." Thank you Jason and thank you staff at Closet Works!!

Description of Work
Needed 18 year old linen closet fitted for new fronts

Category closet systems

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear about your experience and are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new organized space.

12/27/2019

Barbara P.

The installation people were very good and very professional. They were on time, were very helpful, and they couldn't be nicer. I have used them for years and I would highly recommend them. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They redid a closet space into an office. Recently they changed out the drawers and put in more.

Category closet systems

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are happy to hear of your experience. Thank you for your recent purchase. Happy New Year and enjoy!

09/12/2019

Cindy C.

We can't say enough great things about our experience working with Closet Works. From design to install, everything was a breeze! Both the designers and installers are not only talented and good at what they do, but they are very passionate and take a lot of pride in their work. Lisa was our designer and she provided several ideas for our home office and master bedroom built ins. She really took her time to understand what we needed from a practical standpoint, but really wowed us with her design -- everything is a perfect fit with our style! Our installers, Ivo, Mike and Ramone could not be more most professional, organized and courteous. There were challenges with slanting floors and not the most even walls, but because of their experience and workmanship, you'd never know these issues existed. We really can't believe how transformed the new spaces look with the new built ins! They are so beautiful ... and they were right in budget. Throughout this whole process, we kept waiting for the other shoe to drop - but it just didn't. It was such an amazing experience, I wouldn't hesitate to work with Closet Works again (already thinking of more spaces, lol) and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Home office built ins and Master Bedroom Built ins

Category custom cabinets,closet systems

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are happy to hear of your experience and that you are enjoying your new organized spaces. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and for your business.

08/18/2019

MARY N.

My job was small but Closet Works took the project seriously. The design and execution produced a great closet.

Description of Work
Design and install a closet.

Category closet systems,home & garage organization

06/28/2019

John F.

Molly's design was very well thought out. Peter arrived on time and worked non-stop to complete the job. The results were more than excellent.

Description of Work
Shelving/storage

Category closet systems

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear of your experience and we hope you are enjoying your new organized space.

06/22/2019

Terje R.

Our designer Jaclyn was amazing, she perfectly captured and met our closet needs by creating functionality in a tight space. Closet tearout and build was done promptly and to the result was high quality and met our needs!

Description of Work
Multi-closet tearout and rebuild

Category closet systems

Thank you for your feedback. We are happier to hear about your experience and we are glad you are enjoying your new organized space.

01/05/2019

Laura S.

I loved the design and the price was competitive. I worked with Pam and had asked for a small change in the coat closet. I never heard back after that. A few months later someone from closet works kept calling but I was not happy with how things happened. I did not get the $25 gift card, even though they kept promising it was coming. It’s too bad. I would have been thrilled to give them the job. My friend had her closets done by them and I absolutely loved them. This was back in May 2018

Description of Work
I wanted a master closet design, coat room and a storage closet made

Prestigious Kitchen & Home Design Inc

Recognized as one of the nation’s top Kitchen design showrooms, Prestigious is your one-stop, full-service design firm. Since 1985 we have been making dream homes a reality. We continuously strive to remain a leader, and innovator in the luxury home market, bringing fresh designs and the highest quality to each of our exceptional customers. Prestigious Kitchen Design has brought together premium products, to ensure clients have access to the best solutions for their individual needs. Due to Covid restrictions, please call our office to schedule a free estimate today! You can also visit us at our website at https://prestigioushomedesign.com/

Offers by Prestigious Kitchen & Home Design Inc on Angi
    Bate Remodeling

Formerly known as The Handyman Services. We are a family owned business, and have been serving customers like you since 1993. At Bate Remodeling & Handyman Services, maintaining 100% satisfaction for each of our customers is our goal. As all of our returning customers know, Bate Remodeling & The Handyman Services guarantees that you will receive the highest level of professionalism, as well as our absolute best workmanship . Please check out the list of services below we can make available to you, to help you maintain your home from roof to floor! So, if you are looking for quality work along with an affordable company to help you maintain your homes needs call Bate Remodeling & The Handyman Services at 312 882-9725 Contact us today for your FREE ESTIMATE! Costs determined by the job or flat rate . Satisfaction are #1 PRIORITY ! Chicago Home Repair License #2528876

Kitchen & Bath Cabinet Center

Kitchen And Bath Cabinets Center!!! Let Us Help You Build The Kitchen And Bath Of Your Dreams!!! Out Cabinets Have A High Quality, Durability And The Best Value For A Great Price! We Help Customers With Every Step Of The Process - From Planning To Installation And Beyond! Save 20% - 50% Off Retail Price Cabinets (Compared With Big Box Stores). Come By Today And See for Yourself!!!

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Furniture - Custom Made
    General Remodeling
    Office Equipment Repair
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Custom Designs, Manufactures & Installs Closet & Organizational Systems, Organize Closets, Offices, Pantries, Mudrooms, Laundry Rooms, Media Centers, Garages & Wall Beds, Hunter Douglas Window Treatments

Closet Doors