Archway Home Remodeling

Founded 1988 • With Angi since August 2005

Archway Home Remodeling is one of Chicago’s oldest and most reputable remodeling and design companies. In fact, Archway is and has been a member of the Better Business Bureau almost as long as it has been in business. Among Archway’s advantages, you get: free estimates, on time completion, complete showroom, licensed, bonded & insured work, no money down, quick & easy financing, no middlemen, no gimmicks, and no pressure. Our specialties include: Roofing, Windows, Kitchen & Bath remodeling, Additions, Basement Remodeling, and Porches & Decks. Call now to set up appointment for your no-cost estimate. Archway is Factory-Certified by GAF for Roofing....

Pro Team Flooring INC.

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

Peterson Roofing Inc

Established in 1978, Peterson Roofing is a full service exterior company that has been proudly serving the Chicagoland area and Northwest suburbs since 1978. Whether it is a small repair or a complete replacement project, Peterson Professionals have the experience to meet your exterior needs. We have dedicated and experienced crews that specialize in roofing, siding, gutters, preventive maintenance, attic insulation, masonry and more. Our crews are continually trained in-house in our training facility to keep up-to-date with all OSHA regulations and installation procedures. Give us a call today and see for yourself the difference a Peterson Professional makes. Having trouble selecting materials or colors? Come visit our design center and have a Peterson Professional help you select the right materials for you. Peterson Roofing has 30 Employees. Cost is determined by the job. No extra charge for after hours service. LICENSE NUMBER: 104-002674.

Offers by Peterson Roofing Inc on Angi

11/03/2015

I received an estimate for a bathroom remodel for a small bathroom. I did not use Archway because of my budget at that time.. I have used Archway in the past and was very satisfied with their sevice. they were professional, prompt and knowledgable.

Description of Work
I was given an estimate of the services.

07/27/2015

see above no work was done.

Description of Work
I called archway to come out and estimate several large remodel jobs at our home. Bill came out and we spent about an hour discussing the jobs and future work. No one ever called back so I called them 3 times to speak with Bill and get info on pricing for the work we wanted done. No one ever called back. I gave up after 4 attempts.

10/24/2014

The work they did was excellent. There were a couple of issues after the work was done, but they came back and fixed everything. I'm in a wheelchair, and my house access is through the kitchen. They were very accommodating. I worked with them to make the plans ADA compliant, but specific to my needs. They were very friendly and willing to explain things.

Description of Work
I had them remodel and enlarge a kitchen -- this included removing an exterior wall. It took about 4 weeks for them to do the work.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you for the wonderful review and for being a great customer! We really appreciate it.

05/06/2014

Everything we great!!! Chelsi and Jack were wonderful.

Description of Work
Remolded my kitchen

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you for being a great customer, (removed member name)! We hope you'll think of us in the future. So glad everything turned out the way you wanted it to!

02/08/2014

Every step of the way I was very pleased with Archway Construction. As far as I am concerned every person I worked with went the extra mile. I had the pleasure of working with Paul(the foreman) and his team. They did a great job and I was amazed at how quickly they worked. Paul gave me updates when it made sense and was quick to respond when I asked him a question. In order to remodel the entire kitchen they had to move the refrigerator and stove. I watched them as they moved the appliances and am happy to report, they moved the items as if they were moving their own appliances. I am convinced Archway is a world class company that exceeds the expectation of its customers. Archway will do all of the remodeling at this house and all of the other property I own and I plan to ask for Paul and his team. I am a very satisfied customer!!

Description of Work
Archway Construction remodeled my Kitchen

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thanks so much for the review, [member name removed]! And thank you for being a wonderful customer!

01/13/2014

It went great! I called Archway to get a quote on remodeling my kitchen - it needed an update. Honestly, I was just going to get a quote and pretty much had already decided on another company. However, when the representative showed up, I was so impressed with her professionalism and the fact that it wasn't just a carpenter with muddy boots giving me vague information. This is a REAL company. After hearing a little about how they operate, getting the professional pictures of what they envisioned, and seeing how I truly had pros, I ended up going with Archway. One of their main strengths is the fact that they DESIGN. They have ideas, good ideas. I realized my update ideas weren't really that "updated", so it only made sense to go with their ideas. Anyway, just know that you should go with Archway. You will be happy!

Description of Work
Wow! Excellent if you need remodeling!

Category custom cabinets,countertops,flooring contractor,home remodeling

Thank you for the great review and for being a wonderful customer!

12/30/2013

To say that Archway has high quality service is simply an understatement. The customer service was great. I had a little difficulty making an appointment with them, because my schedule is so hectic, but they were very accommodating. For the initial assessment, I was not expecting the kindness and scarcity that I received from the designer I was assigned. She informed me that for all interior projects, Archway leads with design and encourages all customers to think before they act. Overall, we had 2 visits together and with the education that they provided me of the materials, options for aesthetic and of course understanding the difficulties of the tradesmen that were going to be working on the job, I felt very comfortable and was aware that my home would become a construction site for a little while. The designer was with me during the entire project and talked me through the different phases as we progressed with the job. The men working on the bathroom were VERY HARD WORKERS, and incredibly respectful of my home and space. I can't image working with any other contracting company after this project. It was ran so smoothly and there was no time that I felt I wasn't being properly informed. They made the process of home remodeling easy and fun! Thanks Archway!

Description of Work
Archway's Design team helped me with my bathroom remodel. They met with me for a consultation, then provided me an excellent price for the work they were offering to provide for me. I was so impressed by their professionalism and their honesty to my questions and thoughts, that I couldn't imagine having anyone else help me with the project. They began construction on my bathroom shortly after we finalized the design.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much for the review, you were an excellent customer!

12/10/2013

No work done at this time. We decided to wait - not currently able to afford work at this time.

Description of Work
An estaminet was given for windows,siding and gutters. 34000.00

Category siding,replacement windows

Thank you very much for your review. We hope that you will think of us in the future when you are ready to move forward with your exterior projects!

10/29/2013

After talking to a very snobby and unprofessional lady. My husband and I decided to not to bother moving forward to have the initial consultation. We are currently interviewing Renovations with Panache, Maya Construction, and Air Room Construction.. All of these 3 have been super professional, quick to respond to any of my inquiries (all before even meeting with us).

Description of Work
no work

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your honesty and have used your feedback to make sure the customer experience at Archway is the best it can be!

08/18/2013

I called & set up an appointment to have a CONTRACTOR come out and get a quote on a roof repair. Instead they sent out an “employee” with a clip board and no knowledge of roofing what so ever. I knew something was amiss when he got out of a compact CAR (not a utility vehicle) with a clip board. I had two contractors there before and they both pulled out ladders to get on the roof to examine it, yanno to give a diagnoses in order to write up an estimate/quote. I just went on with the meeting he came in side and looked at the ceiling and started rambling on about “what if’s” and “probably this & that”. I knew at this point this guy wasn’t an actual contractor so I asked him “Are you a contractor? Will you be doing any of the work? DO you have any knowledge about roofing?” His answer was “Oh know I just come out to do an initial assessment, then we send out our contractor to examine the job then they give the estimate then blah blah blah”. Ok so at this point I feel like the meeting was pointless, which it was, and I just wanted him to leave. So at that point I let him know that I was needing to get an estimate from a contractor so I can make my decision because I was ready to get the project started ASAP. So he was in agreement said he’d give me a call to set up the appointment with the contractor. I had him set it up for 2 days later at 1pm, an hour before I was to have another appointment with another roofing company. So I was there & waited in the cold (I closed on the house less than 2 weeks before & there was no heating yet). The contractor was 15mins late so I called the company (spoke to the same rep who came out to my property) and I asked where their guy was & if he was still coming. He told me he was going to check & call me back, he called back in 2mins & said the guy was going to be there in like 10 mins. At this point I decided to go back to my car & get some heat. 10 mins later, no contractor I called the same rep back & he does the same thing, he said he’d called the contractor & then call me back with an ETA. The rep called back just as the contractor for my 2pm appoint drove up. He said “Oh the contractor won’t be able to make it out due to another construction job blah blah blah” . I didn’t even wanna hear it, I just hung up on him & greeted the 2 O’Clock. The guy called back, I just let it go to voicemail. He left a message about setting about another appoint HA! No Sir. He obviously couldn’t take a hint, anyway, because he called a week later asking about the job & if I was still interested having them do the work. I said “No, I already had it done with another company” (I went with the contractor that came out at 2 O’Clock the same day Archway stood me up) Then *LOL!* would you believe this clown tried to question & interrogate me as if I was lying. Like, either way, it’s my f****king property and I don’t owe him any explanation. Not to mention he couldn’t TAKE A FREAKIN HINT and Eff OFF! I calmly told him “I had a contractor put in a bid that same day you guys stood me up. I went with them, they got started 2 days later & was finished in a day. Now,don’t call me again or next time I won’t be as nice” and hung up on him. UPDATE 11/12/2013: You are a Douchebag and a LIAR. HE DIDN'T LOOK AT OTHER WORK NOR DID HE GIVE A QUOTE FOR ANYTHING, PERIOD! He rambled, made guesses, and gave "what if''s". Which made it obvious that he didn't know what the h*** he was talking about. The roof wasn't "deteriorating" in such a way to where it was falling apart. It had a leak but was very much intact because I saw several LARGE men climb up there, stomp around, take measurements, then climb down. So if your "consultant" actually climbed his frail behind up there, he would have been just fine. Your consultant wasn't "fully qualified" to to estimate a d*** thing. Which is why he set up a second appointment to have a "qualified" contractor come out to give diagnoses & write up an estimate/quote. Your company has been having a new douchebag call me EVERY WEEK begging for my business. I told him about my last experience & said I am not interested. He apologized & offered a LARGE discount if I were to have any future work done by them. This guy was just as pushy as the last one who interrogated me about whether I really had my roof repaired. I finally told this new d***** to stop calling house or I'd contact my attorney about them harrasing me. Met at a different address? You met me at the SAME address I listed PRIVATELY TO ANGIE'S LIST on this form when I wrote this review. More importantly, WHY DID YOU DISCLOSE MY PERSONAL CONTACT INFO ON THIS PAGE!? W** was your point for doing something like that? Either you or Angie's list better have it removed or you'll be hearing from my attorney.

Description of Work
Sent out some guy who totally wasted my time.

Category home remodeling

We met (removed member name) at a different address, [Member Address Removed]. The property had no heat, no electrical. We do not do roof repairs only roof replacements. Our consultant did not go on the roof for safety reasons due to its deteriorating condition but as (removed member name) states he did look inside to observe damage to the structure as it should be done by any experienced company. Our consultants are fully qualified to estimate/quote projects other than roofing which is why we also looked at other work and quoted for a dormer and changing of two header beams for support reasons. We are sorry that (removed member name) was not satisfied with our service and wish her well.

Roofing - Full roof replacements. Factory-Certified Roofing installer by GAF and Owen's Corning. Windows - Full window replacements. Energy Efficient windows with shatter-proof glass. Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling - Full remodels/rehabs of kitchens and bathrooms. Additions & Basements - We will build additions onto existing homes and remodel basements.

Repair work Partial remodeling