FROGS TO DOGS

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2009

4.3

2006 HOSEA L. WILLIAMS DR

Atlanta, GA 30317

* Dog Training School - "Best of Atlanta" Positive Reinforcement Training School * Pet Sitting Service - #1 on Yelp & Best of Kudzu 2012 * Animal Ambulance via AtlantaAnimalAmbulance.com (sister company) - Emergency Medical Transportation, Open 24hrs/7 days * At Home Pet Sitting - Daily Dog Walking Services...

12/06/2021

Donna S.

We were so pleased with the care Cassandra gave to our senior dog while we were on vacation! She loves dogs and cats, sent photos and responded to questions. I could tell she is experienced and professional!

Description of Work
Dog boarding in trainer’s home

Category pet sitters

03/26/2018

Sheila M.

There are several reasons that F2D is a great choice for dog training. First, you're not locked into a training schedule. If you travel or just have a busy life, a class schedule that locks you into (for example) Tuesday night for 6 weeks on the calendar just won't work. At F2D you pay once and can go as often for as long as you like. It also allows you to move up in class level as you progress. We began (again, as an example) with Monday puppy socialization, then moved to obedience on Tuesday. Soon after that we began attending the more challenging outdoor obedience on Saturday while still having the option to show up on Tuesday. We've done this with an older shelter pup as well as a young, new puppy. We boarded our puppy with Tom and Zsolt and each time she came home a little "smarter". We felt she was really well cared for and it's clear that they developed a great relationship. We've also had private training sessions with Gina and Bonita for very different purposes. Gina helped us get started on the right foot when the pup was 8 weeks old. Unfortunately, since the pup slept the whole time, it was less training and more "consulting". Still, time well spent! Bonita was amazingly helpful when our girl got a little older and was exhibiting "teenager" behaviors. She really helped us fine tune our tactics and the result has been incredible!

Description of Work
We've worked with Frogs to dogs for 2 dogs now over several years time. We've attended classes as well as boarded and had private training sessions

Category dog trainers,pet sitters

12/05/2016

erika W.

On 11/13/16, I arrived at the Avondale Estates location (basically an empty parking lot) and dropped off my dog. At $95 a night, I had paid for an almost 19 day stay. The trainer, Tom, said maybe less than two words to me when I handed him my dog's leash. I provided him two bags of Wellness Senior, my dog's red feeding bowl, a brief care list and my dog's current vaccination records. During the duration of the board and train, Zsolt, one of the co-founders, answered my texts if not immediately at least at some point on the same day. Tom. on the other hand, never returned my phone calls for updates on Mac's progress. And he probably answered not much more than two texts the entire time. His entire demeanor was apathetic at best and indifferent at worst to my requests for completely reasonable progress reports on how my dog was doing. At the cost I was paying, it isn't unreasonable to expect some transparency. I was told during the evaluation that Tom would provide a youtube playlist of my dog's progress at the end of the boarding session. The most I got was a picture on Thanksgiving sent to me by Zsolt and around 5 days before pick-up, a less than 30 second video of my dog running around a backyard. On the day of pick up, Dec 3rd, I showed up excited to see Mac and learn the "transfer training." When Tom greeted me, he didn't even have my dog in his possession. In fact, he told me, "Let me go grab your dog from my car..." Tom had my dog locked in his car away from the other dogs in class. When he emerged with Mac, he could barely control the dog himself. From the outset, it seemed as though nothing had changed from the day I dropped my dog off to be trained. My dog still lunged wildly and barked with little control. It became obvious that Tom just kept my dog and didn't do much else. I had to beg Tom to return my items. Even worse, I looked down at Mac's front paws and saw large sores all over his front legs. I asked Tom about the Youtube Playlist I'd receive to show the progress of my dog's training. I got nothing. A playlist finally emerged after I wrote a review on another popular review website--a day after I picked up my dog. My dog may have been neglected--or worse, abused. I'm sorry this is long, but I cannot standby without warning other dog owners. If you love your animal, read these reviews with a grain of salt. Or, like me, you may truly and utterly regret it.

Description of Work
I adopted an older stray from Gwinnett Animal Control--a beagle mix that is now 8 years old. My dog, Mac, loves people. However, he suffers from fear aggression towards dogs and I wanted to hire a professional trainer who could help with reducing my dog's anxiety through much needed dog-to-dog socialization. I'd been considering several trainers in the metro Atlanta area. When I discovered Frogs to Dogs (FtD), especially with their impeccable reviews, I just knew that I had to contact them immediately. I had an initial evaluation on 11/12 and was assured by Zsot that the trainer Tom had handled a dog similar to Mac before.

12/04/2016

erika W.

On 11/13/16, I arrived at the Avondale Estates location (basically an empty parking lot) and dropped off my dog. At $95 a night, I had paid for an almost 19 day stay. The trainer, Tom, said maybe less than two words to me when I handed him my dog's leash. I provided him two bags of Wellness Senior, my dog's red feeding bowl, a brief care list and my dog's current vaccination records. During the duration of the board and train, Zsolt, one of the co-founders, answered my texts if not immediately at least at some point on the same day. Tom. on the other hand, never returned my phone calls for updates on Mac's progress. And he probably answered not much more than two texts the entire time. His entire demeanor was apathetic at best and indifferent at worst to my requests for completely reasonable progress reports on how my dog was doing. At the cost I was paying, it isn't unreasonable to expect some transparency. I was told during the evaluation that Tom would provide a youtube playlist of my dog's progress at the end of the boarding session. The most I got was a picture on Thanksgiving sent to me by Zsolt and around 5 days before pick-up, a less than 30 second video of my dog running around a backyard. On the day of pick up, Dec 3rd, I showed up excited to see Mac and learn the "transfer training." When Tom greeted me, he didn't even have my dog in his possession. In fact, he told me, "Let me go grab your dog from my car..." Tom had my dog locked in his car away from the other dogs in class. When he emerged with Mac, he could barely control the dog himself. From the outset, it seemed as though nothing had changed from the day I dropped my dog off to be trained. My dog still lunged wildly and barked with little control. It became obvious that Tom just kept my dog and didn't do much else. I had to beg Tom to return my items. Even worse, I looked down at Mac's front paws and saw large sores all over his front legs. Please see the pictures attached to this review. I asked Tom about the Youtube Playlist I'd receive to show the progress of my dog's training. I got nothing. A playlist finally emerged after I wrote a review on another popular review website--a day after I picked up my dog. My dog may have been neglected--or worse, abused. I'm sorry this is long, but I cannot standby without warning other dog owners. If you love your animal, read these reviews with a grain of salt. Or, like me, you may truly and utterly regret it.

09/14/2016

Ray N.

Not good, communication was very poor. Felt as if the whole thing was blown off.

Description of Work
Tried to hire company to walk my dog while I was out of town. After Multi emails back and forth. They had me fill out a app online, after which it was like they didn't recognize me and the whole process started over. This was two days before I was due to go out of town. Had to hire someone else.

03/27/2014

Avery C.

I started bringing my 4 month old puppy to Frogs to Dogs because our previous training school was just too expensive and didn't offer enough class time. Frogs to Dogs offers LIFETIME training classes with the very best trainers! I couldn't be more thrilled with my puppy's progress since our recent switch to F2Ds. Whenever I'm out in public with my puppy, she is ALWAYS complimented on her polite manners. Both my puppy and I have learned to communicate effectively with each other and have built a much stronger relationship in our time at F2Ds.

Description of Work
Frogs to Dogs taught my puppy the basic commands including sit, stay, down, come, focus, touch, and others. She was also able to move up to the more advanced class in such a short amount of time and fit right in with the more advanced students! She's had classes with Taylor, Zsolt, and Tom, and each one of them has been able to help me teach her new commands, polite behavior, and socialization techniques. They offer indoor and outdoor classes which is great because my puppy learns to listen and focus on me in varying environments. HIGHLY recommend!

11/13/2013

Hunter M.

Although we chose not to hire a dog walker, the gentleman who responded to our request provided some very insightful information to my wife and I about problems we were having with our dog. If we were to hire someone, he would be at the top of our list.

04/15/2013

Steve E.

I continue to use Frogs to Dogs to walk our two dogs when work keeps one of us away from the house for extended periods. I work from home the majority of the time, but there is the occasion where I have appointments and / or travel that does not allow for the dogs to be tended during the day. Frogs to Dogs is a fantastic service giving me peace of mind knowing the girls are in good hands.

Description of Work
Dog walking service for 2 dogs

10/19/2012

Margaret R.

One afternoon while giving our German Shepherd a bath, a small pit bull trotted up our driveway with a big grin on his face. He didn't seem agressive and our German Shepherd welcomed him so we put him in our back yard until we could find his owner. We put up posters and contacted shelters, but got no response. Knowing that pit bulls are often euthanized we decided to see if we could find him a home instead of contacting animal control. Scabs around his neck and several episodes of fear agression made us worry about his past life and our ability to find him a home. We feared that he had been used as a "bait dog". Nevertheless, he was sweet and affectionate around us so we felt there was hope for him. We contacted our local pit bull rescue organization and they recommended Frogs to Dogs. We took him to them for an evaluation and enrolled him in their reactive training classes. He was highly reactive to the other dogs and unable to participate in their group sessions so he was assigned a one-one-one trainer, Vickie Leighton. She has patiently and positively worked with him for more than a year. He was afraid of being on a leash, of being in small fenced-in spaces, and meeting unfamiliar dogs and people. Vickie has worked on each of these problem areas and is hoping to have him ready to participate in a doggy "play group" soon. She has refused to give up on him and has continued to believe that he could be rehabilitated. I can't believe the progress he has made considering his lack of early socialization and positive experiences. He has become a loving little dog who gets along well with our two other dogs and three cats. We adore him and are so grateful to Frogs to Dogs for the progress he has made.This is the most professional, knowledgable, supportive, and positive group of people that we could ever have hoped for. In spite of the fact that our initial agreement was for group sessions and we had to change in individual training sessions, they never asked for additional payments. It has been more than a year and they continue to give and give to this little dog. I am so impressed with their desire to see him grow and succeed. Although we know we need to be cautious with him around strangers, he is a delight around his family and friends. I have the highest respect for this organization and its trainers.

Description of Work
Training and desensitization of a Staffordshire Pit Bull Terrier that we rescued.

08/29/2012

Steve E.

It is $20 a visit. I've used them for at least 6 months. Andrew, the owner, is professional and so is his staff. They all tend to have experience either as a vet tech or working in doggie day cares. They have been around a lot of pets and they have opted to work for Andrew on a more one-to-one base with the animals. I will absolutely continue to use them.

Description of Work
I use Frogs To Dogs at least once a month. I have two pets and I use them to walk the dogs in the afternoon. They take them for a 30 minute walk.

Dog Walking
    Animal Training
    Animal & House Sitting
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

DOG TRAINING, BEHAVIORAL MODIFICATION, PET CARE, PET SITTING, EMERGENCY PET TRANSPORTATION